Thread: Cooking the Books on Covid-19?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cooking the Books on Covid-19?

During the 1919 "Spanish" Flu pandemic, there were 3 waves of the disease. The 2nd wave was the most deadly and came about 6-9 months after the first wave. The 3rd wave came about 6 months after the 2nd and was only about half as bad as the 2nd wave, but still more deadly than the first wave.

During both the 2nd and 3rd waves, people thought that it was over and went back to their normal lives.

Remember, we are still in the 1st wave of COVID-19.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, in the space of about a week or so we've had three different Republican governors act to censor or manipulate data being sent to the public. First, Nebraska declared that it wasn't going to share certain numbers with the public. Then Georgia produced a doctored chart designed to make it look like the virus was in decline. Now Florida fires a statistician who wouldn't alter data to meet a political objective.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Governor DeSantis has been "cooking the books" for some time to keep many deaths off the "official" count. DeSantis has instructed County Coroners not to include Nursing and retirement home and other associated facilities deaths for some time. DeSantis has an agenda and has a close tie with Trump and lower COVID-19 related deaths make Florida and Trump appear that their Pandemic tactics are successful. Most of the local print news are savvy and have figured out what they are doing and know it is for political reasons. Sad that our leaders are more interested in walking the Trump line than serving the Citizens of Florida.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

May 15, 2020 - 02:26 PM EDT
    North Carolina sees its worst day of new COVID-19 cases

North Carolina saw its largest daily number of new coronavirus cases on Thursday with 743, bringing the Tar Heel State's total to more than 16,500 as it continues with the first phase of its reopening plan.

"Muh 2nd amendment"

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So I found out yesterday that 90% of the deaths from wuhan virus in my state were in nursing homes. This is very sad and I’m not downplaying the deaths, my mother is in a nursing home that had covid. Still my state wasn’t quick to specify that only 10% of the deaths were outside nursing homes. I have talked to a few people who were diagnosed with wuhan, one of them said the muscle pains were intense, like no pain they had experienced before. The others were more mild including one that said he didn’t even know he had it but tested positive as he works in healthcare. Doesn’t sound like it’s fun to have either way. But 90% of the deaths were in nursing homes, that info should have been more readily available.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    So I found out yesterday that 90% of the deaths from wuhan virus in my state were in nursing homes. This is very sad and I’m not downplaying the deaths, my mother is in a nursing home that had covid. Still my state wasn’t quick to specify that only 10% of the deaths were outside nursing homes. I have talked to a few people who were diagnosed with wuhan, one of them said the muscle pains were intense, like no pain they had experienced before. The others were more mild including one that said he didn’t even know he had it but tested positive as he works in healthcare. Doesn’t sound like it’s fun to have either way. But 90% of the deaths were in nursing homes, that info should have been more readily available.
    True, should have been more readily. Deaths are one thing, the most terrible, but then there are those who dont die at all. Yet permanently effected negative by it. Lung capacity reduced forever, kidney and heart damage, decreased fucntioning, and now liver damage showing and bile duct too. Kids are getting a second wave after recovering called Kawasaki as well. Its not all just chalking up that deaths are largely of seniors, but its also that means think of it, 10% are NOT nursing homes, so you got young in there too. So what is 10% (and in some states it is 20%) of non-Seniors? Today we closed with 1,577,300 infections total and 93,933 deaths Now even 10% of that would be non-senior citizens = 9,393 young people died already just saying about deaths alone here. That is a tremendous amount in a lousy 2 months time. Since say mid-March. Now 20% in some states = 18,000 deaths of non-seniors, its mind-boggling. Thats in 2 months time.

But its not just deaths that counts. Its permanent damage. We're talking hundreds of thousands. And the curve is still going up. 2nd and 3rd waves coming in a few weeks time from re-opening irresponsibly and prematurely.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

your state, fine , fair enough, but other states are underreporting.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    True, should have been more readily. Deaths are one thing, the most terrible, but then there are those who dont die at all. Yet permanently effected negative by it. Lung capacity reduced forever, kidney and heart damage, decreased fucntioning, and now liver damage showing and bile duct too. Kids are getting a second wave after recovering called Kawasaki as well. Its not all just chalking up that deaths are largely of seniors, but its also that means think of it, 10% are NOT nursing homes, so you got young in there too. So what is 10% (and in some states it is 20%) of non-Seniors? Today we closed with 1,577,300 infections total and 93,933 deaths Now even 10% of that would be non-senior citizens = 9,393 young people died already just saying about deaths alone here. That is a tremendous amount in a lousy 2 months time. Since say mid-March. Now 20% in some states = 18,000 deaths of non-seniors, its mind-boggling. Thats in 2 months time.

But its not just deaths that counts. Its permanent damage. We're talking hundreds of thousands. And the curve is still going up. 2nd and 3rd waves coming in a few weeks time from re-opening irresponsibly and prematurely.
    Do you have any evidence to back up this extraordinary statement? I am sure there is damage for some, but who are these hundreds of thousands with permanent damage? What is your source for this?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where can somebody start to get through your mule headed bullshit?ANY kind of damage to children counts, doesnt it? Let's first talk about some of the other forms of destruction to children. Must it only be a liver failure? IN the US and worldwide, physical damage aside for the moment, already millions of children will experience infant mortality from it, and an estimated 42-66 million children will fall into extreme poverty as a result of the crisis this year alone. This disease kills in many many ways. That's a direct UN conclusion, "economic hardship experienced by families as a result of the global coronavirus pandemic will result in a hundreds of thousands of additional child deaths in 2020, reversing the last 2 to 3 years of progress in reducing infant mortality within a single year."

"The risks to child mental health and well being are also real and devastating. Millions of refugees and internally displaced children as well as those living in detention and situations of active conflict are especially vulnerable," it said.

Releasing the policy brief, UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres said not only are the poorest and most vulnerable members of society are being hardest hit by the pandemic, he is "especially concerned about the well-being of all of the world's children."

On secod thought, I won't even go into the physical damage to people and children, yes, children, from this disease. I won't entertain someone who demands others meet the bar or the burden of proof they subjectively feel is legitimate (note: THIS MEANS YOU) while arrogantly claiming to be the true and legit source of info and data. Your false analogies and smug logical fallacies are all-too-easy to dismantle, it would actually be time-wasting to bother.

Your one of these people who want to call the shots for others/set the bar of the burden of proof on others', while all the while claiming to have the true legit info sources. Anybody who entertains you will just hear your tongue-clucking tsk tsk, you'll never accept or be satisfied. YOu think youre so reasonable and logical, you have convinced yourself you make such good sense and are so sensible. You comically quoted Ron Paul, yeah like I said, your sources are always legit, but you questions other's sources. Ron Paul, one person, ONE SINGLE PERSON, but if someone shows you their sources, if its a study group or whatever it may be, no, that will be scoffed at by you. YOu will say it doesn't suffice. Because YOU are the rule-maker and YOU are the most reasobale and YOU make the requirements for the burden of proof. Of course, I have been reading your writing here for a few weeks now, so I know you will only just deny it. I saw you do it to other people on here. Keep up the good work.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So it is not just hundreds of thousands, but now tens of millions? Your numbers change by the second. Ah, so when called out on BS as there are not hundreds of thousands of physically damaged people from Corona, you then contort to global and throw in economic impact too, which is funnily enough the most devastating aspect of lock downs. Yes, I agree children will be negatively impacted which is why I have always been against lock downs. I continually cite Sweden doing a solid job on this and they will be fine as immunity is being built up in those with decent immune systems. Most suffer no lasting damage at all and many do not even know they had it. It knocks out those least able to handle it and it can be someone who thought they were healthy.

You are either confused or have comprehension issues, but it was Rand Paul I was referencing before, not his father who is called Ron Paul. However, both are well versed when it comes to medical work. You have reading me for years, not weeks Brock.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now if your'e very poor argument in your own mind is that only flat-out DEAD BODIES are what counts, you are dismissed all other forms of destruction out their for the little ones. What's acceptable number of dead, sick/permanently maimed or organ failures to you? Are you gonna hide behind words like it's so rare that it doesn't even matter? Because you hide behind words to minimise the destruction of it. It's bad enough if even one single human dies of it. Weather its a infant, a toddler, a baby, a kindergartener, a elemntary schooler, middle schooler, high schooler, college student. Are you really gonna sit their and nit-pick the age groups to try to minimise the destruction of it all? What are uyou gonna gain from that? What are you trying to say? It's all bullshit, like TIC and others?

One very early study, published online March 16 in the journal Pediatrics, was the largest to examine the severity of COVID-19 in children. The researchers analyzed information from more than 2,800 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in children that were reported to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention between Jan. 16 and Feb. 8. As with previous reports, the new study found that the majority of cases — more than 88% — were mild or moderate. Among these cases, children experienced symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, sneezing and sometimes pneumonia.

But around 12% of children developed very severe or critical illness, with symptoms such as shortness of breath and hypoxia, or lethally low levels of oxygen in body tissues. (For comparison, a separate study that analyzed 44,672 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in adults in China found that around 18.5% were severe or critical.)

In 3% of cases, children developed acute respiratory distress syndrome, a life-threatening condition that prevents oxygen from getting to the lungs and in turn, into the bloodstream. Two 14-year-old boys from The Bronx and a 12 year-old girl from Brooklyn with confirmed COVID-19 died from the disease on March 6, according to The New York Times.

"What this [study] tells us is that hospitals should prepare for a significant number of pediatric patients because we don't rule out children," Dr. Srinivas Murthy, an associate professor of pediatrics at the University of British Columbia, who was not involved with the study, told the Times.

In this study, infants and very young children were particularly vulnerable to COVID-19. Of the 425 children who developed severe illness, more than 60% were age 5 or younger, the Times reported.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since May 9, 44 children had symptoms similar to Kawasaki disease and toxic-shock like syndrome, more generally, inflammation that ultimately causes heart problems, Cuomo said. An additional 6 children showed Kawasaki-like convulsions and continued testing positive for Covid-19 despite having supposedly recovered.

"These are children who come in who don't present the symptoms that we normally are familiar with with Covid. It's not a respiratory illness, they're not in respiratory distress. I think that's one of the reasons why this may be getting discovered this far into the process," he said.
    Cuomo said the Centers for Disease Control asked New York to develop national criteria for other states and hospital systems with similar patients.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now if your'e very poor argument in your own mind is that only flat-out DEAD BODIES are what counts, you are dismissed all other forms of destruction out their for the little ones. What's acceptable number of dead, sick/permanently maimed or organ failures to you? Are you gonna hide behind words like it's so rare that it doesn't even matter? Because you hide behind words to minimise the destruction of it. It's bad enough if even one single human dies of it. Weather its a infant, a toddler, a baby, a kindergartener, a elemntary schooler, middle schooler, high schooler, college student. Are you really gonna sit their and nit-pick the age groups to try to minimise the destruction of it all? What are uyou gonna gain from that? What are you trying to say? It's all bullshit, like TIC and others?

One very early study, published online March 16 in the journal Pediatrics, was the largest to examine the severity of COVID-19 in children. The researchers analyzed information from more than 2,800 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in children that were reported to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention between Jan. 16 and Feb. 8. As with previous reports, the new study found that the majority of cases — more than 88% — were mild or moderate. Among these cases, children experienced symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, sneezing and sometimes pneumonia.

But around 12% of children developed very severe or critical illness, with symptoms such as shortness of breath and hypoxia, or lethally low levels of oxygen in body tissues. (For comparison, a separate study that analyzed 44,672 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in adults in China found that around 18.5% were severe or critical.)

In 3% of cases, children developed acute respiratory distress syndrome, a life-threatening condition that prevents oxygen from getting to the lungs and in turn, into the bloodstream. Two 14-year-old boys from The Bronx and a 12 year-old girl from Brooklyn with confirmed COVID-19 died from the disease on March 6, according to The New York Times.

"What this [study] tells us is that hospitals should prepare for a significant number of pediatric patients because we don't rule out children," Dr. Srinivas Murthy, an associate professor of pediatrics at the University of British Columbia, who was not involved with the study, told the Times.

In this study, infants and very young children were particularly vulnerable to COVID-19. Of the 425 children who developed severe illness, more than 60% were age 5 or younger, the Times reported.
    Darling, you have been mostly talking about America as America is your obsession and have only just now pivoted global. So, yes I would agree that hundreds of thousands of failed organs would be tragic and must be avoided, but it hasn't happened has it? Be honest about who you are, about what you are saying, and about what you really think.

Where are the hundreds of thousands of people who developed permanent damage? This is a small study. Surely we would be hearing about the hundreds of thousands of the 1.5 million who have failed livers, kidneys, and hearts.

I am sure there is damage for some and it is horrible, but when you make wild statements, then you have to back them up. Prove what you are saying. I get criticized for talking about IQ but I can back up everything with hundreds of studies. It is on you to prove what you say.

If many have had it and not even been tested, then the proportion is even tinier. You do not shut everything down because of fear. Getting very sick does not mean permanent damage or no recovery. Even a stroke victim can make a great recovery depending on the stroke. Same with cancer. Same with heart disease. My grandfather had one decades ago and is still going. Bodies often heal and recover from terrible things incredibly.

Sweden is doing the logical thing in letting it spread controlled through society. The young are the most resilient. Not babies of course, but young as in those with developed immune system and powers of recovery. It is why the elderly fatality rates are so high. Old people can be knocked out by things very easily. Keeping everyone in and depriving them of Vitamin D is insanity really. You cannot have a healthy immune system without Vitamin D and to even absorb that vitamin D you need a healthy symbiosis of other vitamins and minerals. Basics.

Don't be fat, eat healthily, and do not live in fear. Most will be fine.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since May 9, 44 children had symptoms similar to Kawasaki disease and toxic-shock like syndrome, more generally, inflammation that ultimately causes heart problems, Cuomo said. An additional 6 children showed Kawasaki-like convulsions and continued testing positive for Covid-19 despite having supposedly recovered.

"These are children who come in who don't present the symptoms that we normally are familiar with with Covid. It's not a respiratory illness, they're not in respiratory distress. I think that's one of the reasons why this may be getting discovered this far into the process," he said.
    Cuomo said the Centers for Disease Control asked New York to develop national criteria for other states and hospital systems with similar patients.
    Hundreds of thousands......

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Millions

Thread Information