Thread: Cooking the Books on Covid-19?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cooking the Books on Covid-19?

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I wonder if the US is going to end up like many Asian countries where it is very common to see a large amount of people walking around with masks. Granted part of the reason is the air quality. When I was in Nanking my eyes were burning from the pollutants but it is also due to the various virus floating around the country. Once this has passed, will we be a masks be a common site? Stores used to have signs saying no masks can be worn in the store, now you have to put them on. I am so glad I’m French
    I think they will and have to say I'm glad the majority of locals are wearing them inside of businesses. The no masks allowed was one of the first things I thought of when they first started the DIY bandana masks around here. It is very common to see kids run around with bandanas around necks on heads in a pocket etc for as long as I can remember and to be honest those are the ones you give a second glance. I think masks in general will be the new norm and regardless of if you believe it's fact or you lick pennies and look for men in black trench coats under your bed..it's common sense and courtesy when among groups. Humans are nasty, think about all the snoting, wheezing and talking with our mouths full we do. We swap bacteria like it's going out of style. What gets lost and ignored is the mask isn't for you it's for the people you come across and vice a versa. If I see someone coughing in a store and they aren't masked up, now they get the second glance. We seemed to get that for the first few weeks on what was a unified front for the most part. This Country cannot unite worth a shat now. At least for longer than a month.
    we need bacteria to improve our immune systems. wearing a mask is not common sense. do you wear one? if so do you wear it because you believe the virus can jump from someone else onto you?
    Out of pennies? Ahh 'the virus' see you're making progress . Among large crowds at enclosed stores yeh I wear one. No I know how that whole thing works. A mask is for others so you don't spritz all over them and common sense to negate or minimize it. Handle money you'll get all the bacteria you want. Someone coughs in your face, on your person..yeh things jump onto you.
    you said pennies not me, you call it a virus yeh? i'm trying to work through your belief. i'll say god when referring to someones belief, doesn't make it real until prove though yeh? what sort of person coughs & spits over someone else? you don't catch disease that way anyway. you pick up bacteria from everyday life like your example of handling money or groceries that have been touched by many ungloved hands or mail & on & on. someone coughs in your face would be rude but it won't make you sick unless you have a weak immune system. so you believe if someone coughs on you a mask will keep the virus out?
    That is some of the oddest verbiage..'trying to work through your belief' . People transfer fluids or droplets all the time in close quarters and we don't really know to what degree they make us sick or what they are exposing us to in actuality. I'll try this one more time though..a mask keeps you and a large degree..depending on the make..of your droplets- ?contaminations? off the next guy and items. If you're coming at it from Covid is a hoax it happens every day whatever than I get it, but there is no harm in taking responsible precautions.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder if the US is going to end up like many Asian countries where it is very common to see a large amount of people walking around with masks. Granted part of the reason is the air quality. When I was in Nanking my eyes were burning from the pollutants but it is also due to the various virus floating around the country. Once this has passed, will we be a masks be a common site? Stores used to have signs saying no masks can be worn in the store, now you have to put them on. I am so glad I’m French
    I think they will and have to say I'm glad the majority of locals are wearing them inside of businesses. The no masks allowed was one of the first things I thought of when they first started the DIY bandana masks around here. It is very common to see kids run around with bandanas around necks on heads in a pocket etc for as long as I can remember and to be honest those are the ones you give a second glance. I think masks in general will be the new norm and regardless of if you believe it's fact or you lick pennies and look for men in black trench coats under your bed..it's common sense and courtesy when among groups. Humans are nasty, think about all the snoting, wheezing and talking with our mouths full we do. We swap bacteria like it's going out of style. What gets lost and ignored is the mask isn't for you it's for the people you come across and vice a versa. If I see someone coughing in a store and they aren't masked up, now they get the second glance. We seemed to get that for the first few weeks on what was a unified front for the most part. This Country cannot unite worth a shat now. At least for longer than a month.
    we need bacteria to improve our immune systems. wearing a mask is not common sense. do you wear one? if so do you wear it because you believe the virus can jump from someone else onto you?
    Out of pennies? Ahh 'the virus' see you're making progress . Among large crowds at enclosed stores yeh I wear one. No I know how that whole thing works. A mask is for others so you don't spritz all over them and common sense to negate or minimize it. Handle money you'll get all the bacteria you want. Someone coughs in your face, on your person..yeh things jump onto you.
    you said pennies not me, you call it a virus yeh? i'm trying to work through your belief. i'll say god when referring to someones belief, doesn't make it real until prove though yeh? what sort of person coughs & spits over someone else? you don't catch disease that way anyway. you pick up bacteria from everyday life like your example of handling money or groceries that have been touched by many ungloved hands or mail & on & on. someone coughs in your face would be rude but it won't make you sick unless you have a weak immune system. so you believe if someone coughs on you a mask will keep the virus out?
    That is some of the oddest verbiage..'trying to work through your belief' . People transfer fluids or droplets all the time in close quarters and we don't really know to what degree they make us sick or what they are exposing us to in actuality. I'll try this one more time though..a mask keeps you and a large degree..depending on the make..of your droplets- ?contaminations? off the next guy and items. If you're coming at it from Covid is a hoax it happens every day whatever than I get it, but there is no harm in taking responsible precautions.
    the virus is your belief yeh? not mine, when the two of us are discussing it. have you ever been around those that have a cold or a whole household where someone is sick? not everyone gets sick yeh? so if disease was spreading this way, everyone would get sick. so without a mask you believe droplets, contamination could get on the next guy & items & make them sick through their mouth & nose?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the virus is your belief yeh? not mine, when the two of us are discussing it. have you ever been around those that have a cold or a whole household where someone is sick? not everyone gets sick yeh? so if disease was spreading this way, everyone would get sick. so without a mask you believe droplets, contamination could get on the next guy & items & make them sick through their mouth & nose?
    Brother you have a great way of going in circles. It's common knowledge colds and illness can circulate in closed common quarters. If I can reframe from coughing and sneezing on you directly or indirectly exposing you to whatever I may carry then I will. You're welcome and doing in kind will be appreciated. Simple as. Done spinning circles, have a great day.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brother you have a great way of going in circles. It's common knowledge colds and illness can circulate in closed common quarters. If I can reframe from coughing and sneezing on you directly or indirectly exposing you to whatever I may carry then I will. You're welcome and doing in kind will be appreciated. Simple as. Done spinning circles, have a great day.
    you are deceptive in your answers so i ask for clarification. not everyone gets sick in those closed common quarters though do they? why? i haven't been sick in twelve years since improving my immune system. coughing & sneezing directly on someone is rude & an exaggeration on your part. if i don't wear a mask & breathe as i normally do, do you believe i can transfer a virus to someone else through the air or other surfaces & if they are wearing a mask will it stop them from getting it? don't run now cowboy
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is some logic to exposure to certain things. One of the best treatments for a bug is herd immunity. If we have the antibodies to shit, be it from exposure or vaccine the bugs can’t flourish. There was a study done that children who grow up in houses with dogs tend to be more healthy as they grow because they are exposed to a vast amount of shit dog less houses don’t have. You can look up the study, I think it was done over twenty years.
    vaccines put unnecessary poisons into your body. you believe in god yeh? do you think he makes mistakes? do you believe he created us so miraculously but fucked up with our immune system?
    Is that a question to me
    it was but anyone who believes in god, your post was on point except for the vaccine part
    Well thanks for approving some of it. If you talk to miles you will find most Frenchmen, like me, have high IQ’s

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deceptive. Where exactly? You read what you want not what is written. And why is it an exaggeration to point out that direct OR indirect coughing is a way to transfer. Is that not a possibility?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also, Sweden seems to have done it without locking everyone up as did many other countries including here. What are you going to do when you have decimated your economy? It is stupid. People are welcoming their own enslavement. The government does not have the right to make you stay in your home.

They found of the dead here about 97% had existing conditions and the average age was about 77. Just saying. Not many died.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deceptive. Where exactly? You read what you want not what is written. And why is it an exaggeration to point out that direct OR indirect coughing is a way to transfer. Is that not a possibility?
    you say stuff like "No I know how that whole thing works". how what whole thing works? i was asking if you believed the virus can jump from someone else onto you, you admit that you don't really know to what degree they make us sick or what they are exposing us to in actuality & it is proven that just because someone is exposed to a certain disease does not mean they will be infected by it, the household with someone sick & not all getting it as an example, me around sick work mates, ask gandalf if any of his students have ever had a cold around him & if he got sick. i'm saying coughing & sneezing directly on other people is an exaggeration. i'm not sure what sort of people you hang around with but that never happens in my everyday life. people cough & sneeze in my vicinity, most will cover their mouths, not all do, kids are the worst & the disease doesn't transfer to me

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why the contentiousness about this virus, TIC? (and to some extent..... Gandalf)

At the end of the day, isn't my right to wear a mask and keep social distancing if I so choose just as important as your choice not to wear one?

And yet.... if we were in close proximity and I felt uncomfortable with not keeping social distancing.... would you not respect those wishes?

Recent anecdote.....

I was at the Post Office recently, and everyone was cooperating with the wearing of the facemasks and keeping to the lines marked on the floor. Everyone but this one dude who insisted on getting up on people in line. I guess he was kind of in a hurry, and couldn't be bothered with rules. He said he "only needed to buy a stamp" and was quite impatient. He wasn't wearing a mask, either. At one point he coughed. Probably meaningless..... but again..... I choose to follow social distancing guidelines, as is my right to do so. Nobody's keeping me at home..... nobody is keeping me from doing my business. At one point the guy comes up to me to ask a question. Already a bit annoyed at the one fool in every line who doesn't know how to behave, I kindly asked him to keep his distance. Fortunately, the guy realized he was being kind of an ass, and backed off and back into his spot on the line. At one point a guy already at the counter saw what was going on, and mercifully bought a stamp to give to the impatient bloke. He thanked the guy.... and off he went. There was a general sigh of relief from the people in line.

It doesn't matter whether you want to believe in anything or not.

It boils down to your rights versus mine. As long as our rights do not infringe on one another, everything should be cool. As soon as you want to impose your rights on mine...... that's a different story.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Why the contentiousness about this virus, TIC? (and to some extent..... Gandalf)

At the end of the day, isn't my right to wear a mask and keep social distancing if I so choose just as important as your choice not to wear one?

And yet.... if we were in close proximity and I felt uncomfortable with not keeping social distancing.... would you not respect those wishes?

Recent anecdote.....

I was at the Post Office recently, and everyone was cooperating with the wearing of the facemasks and keeping to the lines marked on the floor. Everyone but this one dude who insisted on getting up on people in line. I guess he was kind of in a hurry, and couldn't be bothered with rules. He said he "only needed to buy a stamp" and was quite impatient. He wasn't wearing a mask, either. At one point he coughed. Probably meaningless..... but again..... I choose to follow social distancing guidelines, as is my right to do so. Nobody's keeping me at home..... nobody is keeping me from doing my business. At one point the guy comes up to me to ask a question. Already a bit annoyed at the one fool in every line who doesn't know how to behave, I kindly asked him to keep his distance. Fortunately, the guy realized he was being kind of an ass, and backed off and back into his spot on the line. At one point a guy already at the counter saw what was going on, and mercifully bought a stamp to give to the impatient bloke. He thanked the guy.... and off he went. There was a general sigh of relief from the people in line.

It boils down to your rights versus mine. As long as our rights do not infringe on one another, everything should be cool. As soon as you want to impose your rights on mine...... that's a different story.
    you are free to wear whatever you want, it's when it becomes mandatory that theres a problem. i will live free. if i am standing close to you am i harming you? you would need to prove your belief. if you don't want people near you stay at home. your fears don't over rule other peoples freedoms. order followers are the cause of slavery

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Recent anecdote.....

you are free to wear whatever you want, it's when it becomes mandatory that theres a problem. i will live free. if i am standing close to you am i harming you? you would need to prove your belief. if you don't want people near you stay at home. your fears don't over rule other peoples freedoms. order followers are the cause of slavery

I think if a business owner asks that you wear a mask in his establishment, it is you that can make a choice to either wear one or stay out.

If there's a line at a shop and you're asked to keep social distance and you don't, it is again your choice... just as it's the shop owner's right to ask you to leave.

When you were just complaining about having to stay home, it was more understandable.

If it was just a matter of rights, it would be one thing. But IMO, your attitude borders on rebelliousness and wanting to buck the system. My rights are still just as important as yours.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you say stuff like "No I know how that whole thing works". how what whole thing works? i was asking if you believed the virus can jump from someone else onto you, you admit that you don't really know to what degree they make us sick or what they are exposing us to in actuality & it is proven that just because someone is exposed to a certain disease does not mean they will be infected by it, the household with someone sick & not all getting it as an example, me around sick work mates, ask gandalf if any of his students have ever had a cold around him & if he got sick. i'm saying coughing & sneezing directly on other people is an exaggeration. i'm not sure what sort of people you hang around with but that never happens in my everyday life. people cough & sneeze in my vicinity, most will cover their mouths, not all do, kids are the worst & the disease doesn't transfer to me
    But you don't 'know' either. None of it. What a given individual has been exposed to..what they carry..what their family members carry..the immune systems of them..who was in the exact location prior..none of it. So yeh in this climate it's common sense to take precautions.

If you're gonna throw around deceptive you really do need to have that zeroed in and/or hone up reading comprehension. Given your base question of 'do you wear one? if so do you wear it because you believe the virus can jump from someone else onto you?'

"....yeh I wear one. No I know how that whole thing works. A mask is for others so you don't spritz all over them and common sense to negate or minimize it. Handle money you'll get all the bacteria you want. Someone coughs in your face, on your person..yeh things jump onto you.."

two questions..two yeh answers and explanation why I wear one. No deception fella. Seems pretty clear but down the rabbit hole you run.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Recent anecdote.....

I think if a business owner asks that you wear a mask in his establishment, it is you that can make a choice to either wear one or stay out.

If there's a line at a shop and you're asked to keep social distance and you don't, it is again your choice... just as it's the shop owner's right to ask you to leave.

When you were just complaining about having to stay home, it was more understandable.

If it was just a matter of rights, it would be one thing. But IMO, your attitude borders on rebelliousness and wanting to buck the system. My rights are still just as important as yours.
    a business is private property & if that is their rules to wear a mask i will shop elsewhere, if they require six feet distancing i have no problem with that. what if i'm surfing or at a park with no one else around? should that still apply? no everywhere is the same as where you live. you didn't answer if i would be harming you, because you know you can't prove it & it is just your belief, you just feel because your belief is backed by thugs that is over rules my rights

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But you don't 'know' either. None of it. What a given individual has been exposed to..what they carry..what their family members carry..the immune systems of them..who was in the exact location prior..none of it. So yeh in this climate it's common sense to take precautions.

If you're gonna throw around deceptive you really do need to have that zeroed in and/or hone up reading comprehension. Given your base question of 'do you wear one? if so do you wear it because you believe the virus can jump from someone else onto you?'

"....yeh I wear one. No I know how that whole thing works. A mask is for others so you don't spritz all over them and common sense to negate or minimize it. Handle money you'll get all the bacteria you want. Someone coughs in your face, on your person..yeh things jump onto you.."

two questions..two yeh answers and explanation why I wear one. No deception fella. Seems pretty clear but down the rabbit hole you run.
    i'm not the one saying it's real. you believe it is, then prove it. people get sick because of their weak immune systems. if someone has a compromised immune system they shouldn't be going out, health is the responsibility of the person. so what was it that you know how that whole thing works? so if someone coughs on you & they had the virus it would get on you but the mask can stop it?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not sure what you are referring to me for on the mask issue Tito. I have masks and wear them. I social distance. I respect the rights of anyone around me.

My issue is stopping healthy people from leaving their homes or earning a living. That is going to potentially destroy them far more than a virus that has a 1 in 240 chance of hurting them. It is still in the moment, but there is going to be a very big economic shock and all those who pushed this that rely on health care systems etc that are funded by a productive economy are in for a very big shock when those services inevitably decline and their children are saddled with huge debts.

Tracking devices for instance. That's the back door to a Chinese model and that is to be rejected at all costs. It is a balance between preserving the economy and individual freedoms. This went too far and there will be consequences to that. If as in Sweden it was shown that you did not need to shut down all small service businesses, then the policies of the other countries were by nature poor policies and then you have to ask 'Was it intentional?'

Thread Information