Thread: Cooking the Books on Covid-19?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cooking the Books on Covid-19?

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

Witch hunts = ignorance
    Racism = ignorance

COVID-19 exists. It's reach, contagiousness and mortality might be a matter of debate... but it exists, regardless of your one-man crusade to say otherwise.

The Dallas salon owner, if everything is as you say, suffered an injustice... especially if she was willing to abide by social distancing rules.

No one here is celebrating the millions who have lost their jobs or their livelihoods.

But whereas most of us can see both sides of the coin, you seem hellbent (and then some) on making this crusade of yours your life's mission.

The onus is not on the vast majority of people who believe COVID-19 exists to prove it to the misguided few who don't................. it's the other way around.
    so those in the majority & with force didn't have to prove those people were witches? the majority with force who believed themselves superior didn't need to prove they were? just hung & set up separate areas because it was the accused witches & blacks that needed to prove they weren't witches or weren't inferior. if you believe covid 19 exists, you need to prove it. example bertrand declares that a teapot is, at this very moment, in orbit around the sun between the earth and mars, and that because no one can prove him wrong, his claim is therefore a valid one. no one should be forced against their free will if they are doing nothing wrong. the lockdowns & government is the reason for people losing their jobs & livelihoods not a virus. i'm just asking for proof that covid 19 is real & is the cause of these deaths

Why don't we move from the witch hunt and racism comparisons that do not apply and use a much more similar example....... smoking and secondhand smoke.

Say you smoke and believe secondhand smoke doesn't harm anybody. And you're smoking right next to someone who does not smoke and believes secondhand smoke is harmful.

Is he supposed to have to "prove" to you that secondhand smoke is harmful before you agree to move away from him or put out your cigarette?

Again.... someone with my mindset wouldn't be too agreeable.
    i am not comparing witch hunts & racism, i am comparing unsubstantiated beliefs. putting poisons into your body is bad. are you saying putting poisons into your body is bad is a belief? it would also depend where we were. if we were in my house i'd tell him to get fucked. outside in public, same thing. not forcing anyone to stand near me if i'm smoking. most smokers tend to move away from my experience. if there were signs prohibiting it & i could be under threat of fines or worse i would choose to comply under duress as i would against an other thugs i was unable to avoid, i would still be 100% opposed. has smoking shutdown the world? why don't you use tuberculosis as a comparison? do you wear a mask titofan? & if so do you think they work?

Well we've both made our feeling clear, haven't we. I think the argument has run its course. You won't convince me.... I won't convince you.
    you could convince me with proof of your belief
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

If I feel like wearing a mask and a business owner doesn't want me in his business, that's his prerogative. Like you, I'll go shop elsewhere. We're all free to do what we feel, as long as it doesn't interfere with, or violate, anyone else's rights.

For all you know I might have a compromised immune system. If that were the case, and you stood too close to me without a mask, I would kindly let you know. If it's a public place, I'll move away. If I'm standing in a line clearly marked with social distancing and you persist on being closer than that, you're violating my right to keep social distancing in a line clearly marked for the keeping of social distancing.

If that is somehow unacceptable to you, then I guess we'd have a problem, because I have a right to stand in line comfortably without the fear of being contaminated with the virus I know you don't believe in.

I don't know how much clearer this all needs to be.
    you say we are all free to do what we feel but you are wrong, people are being forced to wear masks & businesses are forced to close or follow social distancing orders. forcing someone to do something against their will is not freedom. if you had a compromised immune system then it would be your responsibility to not expose yourself to situations where you feel you would be at risk. organize food delivery or someone to collect things for you. i wouldn't be doing anything wrong only in your mind. i mentioned that i have no issue respecting social distancing orders for stores but only because i don't won't the threat of fines or force imposed on me & these stores are forced to introduce these orders, it is not their choice, some businesses are not even allowed to operate. your beliefs & fears don't negate peoples rights. i guess when they had clearly marked areas for whites only, it was violating the whites rights if blacks went into those areas because the whites believed they were superior yeh just like you believe there is a virus. and the thought experiment shows that i am doing nothing wrong, because you would have no issue with me standing a foot or two away a year ago, outside your personal space but now your fears rule you. covid 19 is propaganda masquerading a science. propaganda is the only virus that's killing us

Comparing a pandemic to racism is where you crash and burn.

Bottom line is your rights end where mine begin (and vice-versa). If you can't see that, then I hope you never run into someone with my mindset when out shopping and sharing space with others.
    i also compared it to the salem witch trials. your fears don't negate peoples rights & your beliefs are not proof. i clearly said outside your personal space, twice, you have to avoid that because you know i would be doing nothing wrong, only in your fearful mind. & what would you do if i was standing a foot or two away from you, clearly outside your personal space? assault me? encourage thugs to fine me or lock me up, when they are letting actual criminals go free? hang me because you believe something? did you hear about the dallas salon owner who went against the forced lockdown orders & opened her store to try & put food on her children's table? that would be her right yeh? she was even willing to abide by the bullshit social distancing orders & people were willing to support her, that is their right yeh? they put her in jail, just for going against other peoples beliefs. but in big stores & corporations are fine to operate, complete bullshit, there would be more risk in this bigger stores if the bullshit was actually real

Witch hunts = ignorance
    Racism = ignorance

COVID-19 exists. It's reach, contagiousness and mortality might be a matter of debate... but it exists, regardless of your one-man crusade to say otherwise.

The Dallas salon owner, if everything is as you say, suffered an injustice... especially if she was willing to abide by social distancing rules.

No one here is celebrating the millions who have lost their jobs or their livelihoods.

But whereas most of us can see both sides of the coin, you seem hellbent (and then some) on making this crusade of yours your life's mission.

The onus is not on the vast majority of people who believe COVID-19 exists to prove it to the misguided few who don't................. it's the other way around.
    so those in the majority & with force didn't have to prove those people were witches? the majority with force who believed themselves superior didn't need to prove they were? just hung & set up separate areas because it was the accused witches & blacks that needed to prove they weren't witches or weren't inferior. if you believe covid 19 exists, you need to prove it. example bertrand declares that a teapot is, at this very moment, in orbit around the sun between the earth and mars, and that because no one can prove him wrong, his claim is therefore a valid one. no one should be forced against their free will if they are doing nothing wrong. the lockdowns & government is the reason for people losing their jobs & livelihoods not a virus. i'm just asking for proof that covid 19 is real & is the cause of these deaths

Why don't we move from the witch hunt and racism comparisons that do not apply and use a much more similar example....... smoking and secondhand smoke.

Say you smoke and believe secondhand smoke doesn't harm anybody. And you're smoking right next to someone who does not smoke and believes secondhand smoke is harmful.

Is he supposed to have to "prove" to you that secondhand smoke is harmful before you agree to move away from him or put out your cigarette?

i am not comparing witch hunts & racism, i am comparing unsubstantiated beliefs. putting poisons into your body is bad. are you saying putting poisons into your body is bad is a belief? it would also depend where we were. if we were in my house i'd tell him to get fucked. outside in public, same thing. not forcing anyone to stand near me if i'm smoking. most smokers tend to move away from my experience. if there were signs prohibiting it & i could be under threat of fines or worse i would choose to comply under duress as i would against an other thugs i was unable to avoid, i would still be 100% opposed. has smoking shutdown the world? why don't you use tuberculosis as a comparison? do you wear a mask titofan? & if so do you think they work?
    admit who you are, we all know, is walrus still posting for you?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Witch hunts = ignorance
    Racism = ignorance

Well we've both made our feeling clear, haven't we. I think the argument has run its course. You won't convince me.... I won't convince you.

that's assuming I wanted to convince you

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Witch hunts = ignorance
    Racism = ignorance

you don't have to convince me but it is clear that as in history, unsubstantiated beliefs are damaging lives. let's move on, let's imagine covid 19 is real, do you think masks work?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you don't have to convince me but it is clear that as in history, unsubstantiated beliefs are damaging lives. let's move on, let's imagine covid 19 is real, do you think masks work?

Why do you care what I think? We've already established you don't think COVID-19 is real. Everything beyond that is a moot point.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I feel like wearing a mask and a business owner doesn't want me in his business, that's his prerogative. Like you, I'll go shop elsewhere. We're all free to do what we feel, as long as it doesn't interfere with, or violate, anyone else's rights.

For all you know I might have a compromised immune system. If that were the case, and you stood too close to me without a mask, I would kindly let you know. If it's a public place, I'll move away. If I'm standing in a line clearly marked with social distancing and you persist on being closer than that, you're violating my right to keep social distancing in a line clearly marked for the keeping of social distancing.

If that is somehow unacceptable to you, then I guess we'd have a problem, because I have a right to stand in line comfortably without the fear of being contaminated with the virus I know you don't believe in.

you say we are all free to do what we feel but you are wrong, people are being forced to wear masks & businesses are forced to close or follow social distancing orders. forcing someone to do something against their will is not freedom. if you had a compromised immune system then it would be your responsibility to not expose yourself to situations where you feel you would be at risk. organize food delivery or someone to collect things for you. i wouldn't be doing anything wrong only in your mind. i mentioned that i have no issue respecting social distancing orders for stores but only because i don't won't the threat of fines or force imposed on me & these stores are forced to introduce these orders, it is not their choice, some businesses are not even allowed to operate. your beliefs & fears don't negate peoples rights. i guess when they had clearly marked areas for whites only, it was violating the whites rights if blacks went into those areas because the whites believed they were superior yeh just like you believe there is a virus. and the thought experiment shows that i am doing nothing wrong, because you would have no issue with me standing a foot or two away a year ago, outside your personal space but now your fears rule you. covid 19 is propaganda masquerading a science. propaganda is the only virus that's killing us

Bottom line is your rights end where mine begin (and vice-versa). If you can't see that, then I hope you never run into someone with my mindset when out shopping and sharing space with others.
    i also compared it to the salem witch trials. your fears don't negate peoples rights & your beliefs are not proof. i clearly said outside your personal space, twice, you have to avoid that because you know i would be doing nothing wrong, only in your fearful mind. & what would you do if i was standing a foot or two away from you, clearly outside your personal space? assault me? encourage thugs to fine me or lock me up, when they are letting actual criminals go free? hang me because you believe something? did you hear about the dallas salon owner who went against the forced lockdown orders & opened her store to try & put food on her children's table? that would be her right yeh? she was even willing to abide by the bullshit social distancing orders & people were willing to support her, that is their right yeh? they put her in jail, just for going against other peoples beliefs. but in big stores & corporations are fine to operate, complete bullshit, there would be more risk in this bigger stores if the bullshit was actually real

Witch hunts = ignorance
    Racism = ignorance

Hey, listen, I’m not really sure what you’re talking about. Sure, your radical thinking puts you at odds with the establishment and might not get you elected in the end, but you're not looking for external scapegoats. Yeah, it’s you vs the establishment and that includes being at odds with moderates (what moderates? you're not a moderate). You could fault for being at odds with progressives like you, sure. But all in all, that’s the price of being consistent with your principles. SAying mysterious things like you're saying and you have spread rumours around trying to blacklist myself, why blackball new posters from the get-go?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Witch hunts = ignorance
    Racism = ignorance

Hey, listen, I’m not really sure what you’re talking about. Sure, your radical thinking puts you at odds with the establishment and might not get you elected in the end, but you're not looking for external scapegoats. Yeah, it’s you vs the establishment and that includes being at odds with moderates (what moderates? you're not a moderate). You could fault for being at odds with progressives like you, sure. But all in all, that’s the price of being consistent with your principles. SAying mysterious things like you're saying and you have spread rumours around trying to blacklist myself, why blackball new posters from the get-go?
    you are not a new poster

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why do you care what I think? We've already established you don't think COVID-19 is real. Everything beyond that is a moot point.
    i can't know it's real until it's proven to me yeh? but i was trying to find some common ground & see if you agree with some of the inconsistencies & some of the random stuff like dancing nurses, locking up surfers or those at parks & beaches & those trying to support their families. or if you felt it strange that big businesses were able to remain open like supermarkets but smaller businesses were not, when some smaller places could enforce social distancing better. or if you think reopening will lead to a second phase. i think a second phase is already planned. just because i don't believe the virus is real doesn't mean the actions being taken are not serious. but yeh, let's drop it

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i can't know it's real until it's proven to me yeh? but i was trying to find some common ground & see if you agree with some of the inconsistencies & some of the random stuff like dancing nurses, locking up surfers or those at parks & beaches & those trying to support their families. or if you felt it strange that big businesses were able to remain open like supermarkets but smaller businesses were not, when some smaller places could enforce social distancing better. or if you think reopening will lead to a second phase. i think a second phase is already planned. just because i don't believe the virus is real doesn't mean the actions being taken are not serious. but yeh, let's drop it

TIC, please don't think I'm unsympathetic with the examples you posted above. Unlike you, I do believe there's a virus pandemic. But I don't agree with the arresting of surfers, those in wide open spaces posing a danger to no one, etc. I also feel the restrictions are being unfairly meted out. Business is business and, if you can enforce social distancing measures in supermarkets, you should be able to do so as well in small businesses while allowing them to open. Common sense, logic, empathy, are all very big with me. But as usual, laws are put together haphazardly without the attention to detail that requires rolling up your sleeves and actually giving everything careful planning and thought. We may not agree on the virus being real, but that doesn't mean this automatic polarization of ideas that usually occurs in here, has to take place now. Many of us "virus-believers" are quite reasonable.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Witch hunts = ignorance
    Racism = ignorance

you are not a new poster
    Notice how the writing style has gone through a few variations

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

Witch hunts = ignorance
    Racism = ignorance

you are not a new poster
    Notice how the writing style has gone through a few variations
    certainly did

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Please don't do the long quote thing, guys. It is very difficult to read. I want to enjoy your posts.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Please don't do the long quote thing, guys. It is very difficult to read. I want to enjoy your posts.

Damn..... now you've done it.

Not Walrus will (in jest) call you a Mod, and someone to remain unnamed will barge in here out of the blue, saying you're a piece of shit and could never, ever, ever, ever be Mod.

Oh wait....... you're being "ignored."

Never mind.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

Damn..... now you've done it.

Not Walrus will (in jest) call you a Mod, and someone to remain unnamed will barge in here out of the blue, saying you're a piece of shit and could never, ever, ever, ever be Mod.

Oh wait....... you're being "ignored."

Never mind.
    Ha, I didn’t catch on that the comments were quoted so many times.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

they should say don king has covid 19, he'll promote the shit out of it

Thread Information