Thread: Gervonta Davis v Ryan Garcia 4/22

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Ryan Garcia vs Gervonta Davies a megafight?

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    nothing wrong with wanting to stay active
    Nothing says breaking onto the championship scene like daring to challenge for the ibo trinket v a guy nowhere in the top 15 . Time for Ryan to aim higher.
    if it was a stay busy leading into a tank fight in december i can understand, would have been three fights for this year with tank to come at the end of the year. i miss that sort of activity
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nothing says breaking onto the championship scene like daring to challenge for the ibo trinket v a guy nowhere in the top 15 . Time for Ryan to aim higher.
    if it was a stay busy leading into a tank fight in december i can understand, would have been three fights for this year with tank to come at the end of the year. i miss that sort of activity
    Yeh totally see that too. I just like quality over quantity. I mean fight prior to Fortuna was literally his stay busy but guess Hearn tends to lean heavy with guys across the pond to come get pounded out.

Different promotions so another that won't happen but stylistically he and Michel Rivera would be nice imo

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.boxingscene.com/haney-i-...fought--166948

"Haney: I Don't Really Take Ryan Garcia Too Serious; Was My Mandatory & We Never Fought"

In fact, Haney doesn’t expect Garcia to follow through on any of the challenges he has issued publicly. The undefeated, fully unified lightweight champion considers Garcia’s talk on social media and elsewhere to be just that – talk.
    “I don’t really take Garcia too serious,” Haney told BoxingScene.com. “He says a lot. The guy said he was fighting Pacquiao, and that never happened. So, I can’t really take him too serious.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/gervonta...l-done--167830

"Gervonta Davis: Garcia's Not A Man Of His Word, Fight Is Possible – I’ll Stay Quiet Till Deal Is Done"

“I haven’t been going back and forth with Ryan because we all know he’s not a man of his word, but I do know it’s a possibility of the fight happening. So I rather stay quiet till the deal is locked. Nothing means anything now,” Davis wrote on social media.
    “Yea, we can make it happen to say the least. It’s already locked in if people do what’s right, ya know.”
    In a more cryptic statement, the Baltimore-bred Davis (27-0, 25 KOs) wrote: “And another thing – tell homie to stop talking for me.”

Haney, Tank, Teofimo Lopez....

They all concur. ChickenRy is nothing but an Instagram hype job. He talks a lot of shit... but nothing happens. Ever since he babbled about fighting Pacquaio in an exhibition, I knew this kid was soft and fragile. Fishnets says he's "moving on" from Tank because he doesn't want to see ChickenRy get starched like Santa Cruz was. Fishnets knows as soon as he puts ChickenRy in with any of the above mentioned three... the hype train is over and ChickenRy's gonna have to find himself another line of work. Which shouldn't be too hard, because he's already got a million fawning, casual fan followers on social media.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

king ry fought guys like vergil ortiz, devin haney & shakur in the amateurs, i think if it was purely down to the fighters they would have no issue fighting. unfortunately there is too much business & posturing involved these days, a side b side nonsense, promoter politics, networks. promoters are too scared of their fighters losing their zero & having to rebuild, while some fans are quick to squawk about a fighter being exposed after taking a loss. i don't mind fighters taking a loss if they are attempting to challenge themselves, how they come back is how i tend to assess them
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh totally see that too. I just like quality over quantity. I mean fight prior to Fortuna was literally his stay busy but guess Hearn tends to lean heavy with guys across the pond to come get pounded out.

Different promotions so another that won't happen but stylistically he and Michel Rivera would be nice imo
    unfortunately with some fighters fighting once or twice a year it doesn't leave a lot of room for either quality or quantity. if ryan can't get tank this year then i'd like to see his team try to revisit isaac cruz, if a fight of that level can't be made then take a maxi hughes level guy, who is on a little win streak, with the intention of fighting the jo jo v camaron winner in the early part of next year

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While I agree KingRy is a punk declining his mandatory spot against Haney we have to be fair and say that Tank and Loma have also declined to activate their mandatory positions. Just saying the fact

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Nowhere near a mega fight, but a fight that would for sure boost Garcia if he wins. If Davis wins, I think most people would just assume that Garcia was a bit of a hype job.
    Yup. And I still believe Garcia is more hype than fight. However, I do realize he has an amazing check-left hook moving backward that is TO DIE FOR!!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    While I agree KingRy is a punk declining his mandatory spot against Haney we have to be fair and say that Tank and Loma have also declined to activate their mandatory positions. Just saying the fact
    i think ryan & devin were split evenly in the amateurs, i'd like to see them fight as pro's. i remember after the luke campbell fight, with devin in the crowd & ryan bringing up devin & asking the audience who he should fight next & the crowd was yelling we want tank. unfortunately neither fight has emerged. i credit devin for doing everything possible to unify the undisputed title & george who could have milked a voluntary defense or two at home first. since the luke campbell fight ryan has had his mental health issues & is now two fights back in to it, hopefully he can continue his momentum going forward. some people just have tunnel vision for certain fighters & neglect others who have done or are doing the same thing

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is that really what the Ring looks like now . Holy balls. Remember when matchmakers dream was along the lines of Duran v Whitaker and Toney v Monzon etc? Now we just settle on cover hypotheticals about current top guys who should already be fighting in the first place.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ironically and almost ominously, the big bold letters on the cover say "State of the Game."

Yeah.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2022/08...or-tank-davis/

Somebody shut this little punk up... please.

I swear I've never seen any fighter get as much mileage out of so few accomplishments as this little twerp.

But that's how it goes today. Have Instagram, will travel...

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

tank posed another tweet that he has deleted saying he was just fucking around

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It never was a megafight. No one was talking about Garcia at anytime until he and Golden Boy started to jump on Tank's hype.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information