Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Gervonta Davis v Ryan Garcia 4/22

Does it confirm who holds the key to becoming the next boxer to crosses over and become a future household name? or is it just a bit too early for all that?

From Insider (I am not even going to go into the ALI comparison made..no...no) -

A 21-year-old American boxer says he's one win away from being this generation's Muhammad Ali.

Ryan Garcia, a fast-rising athlete who is boxing for the Los Angeles-based Golden Boy Promotions fight firm, is competing in the absurdly-competitive lightweight division.
    Backed by Oscar de la Hoya, himself once renowned for being a boxing phenom with fast hands, Garcia is unbeaten in 20 professional fights.

His last victory was so brutal he bounced his opponent's head off the canvas with a left hook knockdown, prompting the industry to say: "A new star is born."
    There are many viable rivals in the 135-pound division for Garcia, as Vasyl Lomachenko, Teofimo Lopez, and Devin Haney all compete at that weight limit.

https://www.insider.com/ryan-garcia-...mad-ali-2020-4
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Ryan Garcia vs Gervonta Davies a megafight?

Ryan's a good kid, but typical of the new generation of young stars whose self-image and talk have already lapped their accomplishments... twice.

Just beginning to make a splash and already comparing himself to Muhammad Ali.

Oh yeah..... Davis vs Garcia would definitely be a huge fight. Which translated into boxing reality means they'll posture... call each other out... and avoid each other for several years until something happens on the way to the bank.... or we just lose interest.

Actually, I'm anxious for someone... anyone... to knock Davis flat.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nowhere near a mega fight, but a fight that would for sure boost Garcia if he wins. If Davis wins, I think most people would just assume that Garcia was a bit of a hype job.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tank hasn’t looked that great in his last few fights. Very hittable. If he doesn’t get back in tip top shape and motivated, someone with a punch will drop him hard.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's hope so.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't blame fighters for saying they are the next this or that, only meant to get the name out there. No fighter ever squandered their career because they self promoted to much.

Obviously a great fight and I think it definitely has the right components to be a mega fight down the line(clash of demographics, styles, personalities etc) but to early to call it one for now I'd guess. Im not one of those "let it marinate " types and would be happy to see this made, but it probably could be a lot bigger. I don't exactly have my finger on the pulse of what's popular or anything, so maybe these guys are both bigger than I realize, just thibking that they could really get some big hype through social media and whatnot.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes it's a mega fight for any "nerd" boxing fan (not fanagers obsessed with whoever makes the most coin). Garcia, Tank, Haney and Teo is the most exciting young quartet in any division.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oscar is now talking teo the takeover & king ry says he's still focused on tank. the hamster wheel keeps turning
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Classic stuff right here.

It's a 9-minute video, but you only need to watch the first 4:40

My favorite part (out of many)....

".... if it only takes one day for you to move on, then you never wanted the fight to begin with..."

But the truth of the matter is... PauperRy and his manager Fishnets want neither (Tank or Lopez).

Maxi (frigging) Hughes... I'll just leave it that.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nothing wrong with wanting to stay active
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Uhh... yeah. Ok.

Actually, this sums up ChickenRy and Fishnets pretty well...

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2022/08...-negotiations/

"Oscar De La Hoya Does A 180 On Gervonta Davis Vs. Ryan Garcia Negotiations"

On multiple occasions, lightweight star Ryan Garcia (23-0, 19 KOs) has been accused of publicly announcing big fights and using the announcements as a way to stay relevant in the public eye. Garcia would reveal he’s fighting a big named boxer in the 135-pound division, and then later down the road; he would fight nobody at all or a lesser opponent.

After his January 2021 win over Luke Campbell, Garcia called out Gervonta “Tank” Davis. A few weeks later, Garcia switched up and declared he would face Manny Pacquiao in an exhibition match. The exhibition turned into an official match, and then the bout didn’t happen at all, as Pacquiao and Garcia never faced each other inside of the ring.

Instead of fighting Manny Pacquiao, Garcia had scheduled a clash between he and Javier Fortuna, but Garcia withdrew from the match in order to deal with his mental health issues. In October 2021, Ryan Garcia and JoJo Diaz were scheduled to face each other, but a week later, Garcia suffered a hand injury, and the fight was postponed.

Two months later, Garcia once again called out Gervonta Davis and accused Davis of fighting a C-Level fighter. After his victory over Isaac Cruz, Davis addressed Garcia’s challenge during his post-fight press conference. “He’s an Instagram fighter. We don’t worry about him. He’s a pretty girl. He just likes to talk.”

Fast forward to the present day, and once again, Ryan Garcia is publicly challenging Gervonta Davis, but Davis, Devin Haney, and Teofimo Lopez have given Garcia the label of a person who is all talk and no action. Garcia’s rivals have caught on to his tactics, and they have vowed to disregard anything Garcia verbally says or posts on social media.

Garcia seems adamant about finally fighting Gervonta Davis, but it appears another member of Golden Boy is pulling the switch-up maneuver. After the Vergil Ortiz vs. Michael McKinson weigh-in, Oscar De La Hoya did an interview with FightHub TV to give an update on the Davis vs. Garcia negotiations.

“Everybody is eager about that fight. That’s the only fight that Ryan wants. Umm… that’s the only fight that Tank wants. Look, we’re talking. We’re talking, so it’s a great start. To get to talk to the other side is a great start, so we want the fight,” De La Hoya stated.

Approximately twenty-four hours later, De La Hoya switched up like an NFL quarterback calling an audible. After Ortiz knocked out McKinson, De La Hoya did an interview with ESNews and addressed the status of the negotiations. “Hey, we are trying to get a hold of Tank’s side. We don’t know who to talk to. Nobody picks up their phone; nobody calls back. I feel they are playing games, so I’m moving on, and I’m going to Teofimo’s fight next week.”

Boxing fans have witnessed the callouts and bold predictions, but we have yet to see Ryan Garcia step into the ring to battle any of the elite fighters. Garcia has expressed his desire to fight once again in 2022. With five months left to go in the calendar year, hopefully, Garcia and Golden Boy can send out a contract instead of sending out guarantees and public challenges.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

“Everybody is eager about that fight. That’s the only fight that Ryan wants. Umm… that’s the only fight that Tank wants. Look, we’re talking. We’re talking, so it’s a great start. To get to talk to the other side is a great start, so we want the fight,” De La Hoya stated.

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ryan is a self absorbed little tart but should Tank and Garcia make a fight..they won't..not gonna happen..I'd pay under 40 bucks and a cheese sandwich for it. Pretty clear Tank isn't interested in the highschool hijinks and doesn't count social media followers as actual friends, but Tank needs a huge fight. Huge in decent threat, huge in familiar name (familiar for what is debatable) and another that would sell-push the buy rates up. Forget that clowny Rolly Romero stuff. That was a step backwards for Tank who is already 28 and ten years in. Shit or get off the pot son. That said I think Tank would smoke Ryan before the late rounds. Davis would feast on his defensive lapses. But alas..that fight isn't happening.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 08-13-2022 at 02:38 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    nothing wrong with wanting to stay active
    Nothing says breaking onto the championship scene like daring to challenge for the ibo trinket v a guy nowhere in the top 15 . Time for Ryan to aim higher.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Ryan is a self absorbed little tart but should Tank and Garcia make a fight..they won't..not gonna happen..I'd pay under 40 bucks and a cheese sandwich for it. Pretty clear Tank isn't interested in the highschool hijinks and doesn't count social media followers as actual friends, but Tank needs a huge fight. Huge in decent threat, huge in familiar name (familiar for what is debatable) and another that would sell-push the buy rates up. Forget that clowny Rolly Romero stuff. That was a step backwards for Tank who is already 28 and ten years in. Shit or get off the pot son. That said I think Tank would smoke Ryan before the late rounds. Davis would feast on his defensive lapses. But alas..that fight isn't happening.
    i doubt the fight happens either, both guys are just using each other for promotion. if the fight happens great, if not tank needs to give isaac a rematch, ryan has options at one forty & one thirty five

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information