Thread: Gervonta Davis v Ryan Garcia 4/22

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Ryan Garcia vs Gervonta Davies a megafight?

Let’s get to the important stuff, who has worse tattoos?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gervonta Davis v Ryan Garcia 4/22

This is a good fight
    It also shows that fights can be made when the fighters want it

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nothing beats a good old Black Vs Mexican fight. This is a great fight.

You have to wonder if this fight would have happened if Tank wasn't potentially facing 3 years in Shawshank. A 136 catchweight ? So they're splitting hairs over a pound now ? Tank plays with his food too much and is always looking to set up the KO. That's gonna be his downfall.

I always support the black fighter in big racial fights like this even if I don't like the guy and I'm not big Gervonta fan personally but he's not in with another 126-130 pounder who has been dragged up in weight, a domestic level or a club fighter, a street vendor from the outskirts of Managua, or a shot leprechaun from Guadalajara. He's in with a big punching, rangy, super fast career 135 pounder young hungry lion who can turn his lights out in the blink of an eye if he makes the slightest mistake.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post

You have to wonder if this fight would have happened if Tank wasn't potentially facing 3 years in Shawshank. A 136 catchweight ? So they're splitting hairs over a pound now ? Tank plays with his food too much and is always looking to set up the KO. That's gonna be his downfall.

I always support the black fighter in big racial fights like this even if I don't like the guy and I'm not big Gervonta fan personally but he's not in with another 126-130 pounder who has been dragged up in weight, a domestic level or a club fighter, a street vendor from the outskirts of Managua, or a shot leprechaun from Guadalajara. He's in with a big punching, rangy, super fast career 135 pounder young hungry lion who can turn his lights out in the blink of an eye if he makes the slightest mistake.
    You always support the black fighter?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Congratulations, you are the Biggest racist on the whole forum.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

not read the whole thread but wow - didn't think fights like this got made anymore.........
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Congratulations, you are the Biggest racist on the whole forum.

Not exactly "breaking news" material... but yeah.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Always thought PR vs Mexico had the premier rivalry . Ryan Garcia born in the US resides in the US, didn't speak Spanish as of 2021 and favorite food Italian. Not exactly Whitaker vs Chavez over here . But Mexican heritage sure, not like we're in the 50's.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Always thought PR vs Mexico had the premier rivalry . Ryan Garcia born in the US resides in the US, didn't speak Spanish as of 2021 and favorite food Italian. Not exactly Whitaker vs Chavez over here . But Mexican heritage sure, not like we're in the 50's.

Me too.

But hey... live and learn.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

George Kambosos Jr backs 'explosive' Gervonta Davis to 'have the edge' over Ryan Garcia

"We'll see who is going to be victorious in that fight. I think Tank has the edge. He's been active, and he's explosive, but Ryan is very big, he's rangy, but his footwork isn't the greatest," Kambosos Jr told Fighthype.

"We'll see. It's a great fight, and that's what boxing is about. It's two top guys going at it as well."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...f05eb87&ei=171
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

william 'camaron' zepeda might be on the card
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

live press conference in about eight hours from now
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it was said that there is a rehydration clause for this fight
    Last edited by TIC; 03-09-2023 at 12:38 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2023/03...-garcia-clash/

"Tank Davis Shows Up Fashionably Late For Press Conference For Ryan Garcia Clash"

By Jim Calfa: Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis showed up fashionably late in New York City, wearing a purple fur coat for today’s press conference with Ryan Garcia for their fight on April 22nd. Despite the unprofessional late appearance, Tank (28-0, 26 KOs) conducted himself well, saying mostly nice things to Ryan (23-0, 19 KOs), aside from a caustic remark about him having talked his way into the fight rather than earning it. Ryan did take a verbal shot about Tank by letting him know that he at least was professional about showing up on time and promoting their fight before he arrived. You could tell that Ryan wasn’t happy about Tank being almost two hours late for the press conference. Hopefully, Tank doesn’t do the same thing this Thursday for the Los Angeles press conference. If that happens, you have to assume that Tank is intentionally coming late to be an annoyance. It’s true in a way that Ryan talked his way into the fight with the 28-year-old Gervonta, but when you have 9 million Instagram followers, that puts you at the head of the class in boxing. With that kind of popularity, Ryan doesn’t need to earn the fight the hard way like normal fighters because his popularity outside of the ring is enough.

It’s great that we’re seeing Ryan and Tank fighting while they were in their prime rather than when the two are in their mid-3os and over the hill, as we saw with the Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Manny Pacquiao fight in 2015. Boxing fans have been asking for the Tank Davis vs. Ryan Garcia fight for two years, but Tank’s former promoters at Mayweather Promotions held off for some reason. Now that Tank is no longer with them, he’s finally fighting Ryan, and it should be a massive fight. Ryan Garcia had to agree to stipulations “We came together and conquered the poison that’s been stopping boxing from having the biggest fights,” said Ryan Garcia on Wednesday during the kickoff press conference in New York City with Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis. “To be a champion, you have to beat the best.

“During this whole journey, I definitely put boxing first, and the fans first because I had to accept a lot of stipulations. They know it. Going down in weight, rehydration clause. I don’t want to bring up too much. “I don’t look like I hit hard, but I do hit hard. The punches come quick, but when they hit you, you just down.” “We settle it in the ring; whoever wins holds the crown. Let’s get it,” said Ryan Garcia.

I cut/pasted this because of the bolded part... which is PRECISELY why I don't like Ryan and hope he gets knocked on his Instagram ass.

If this is the blueprint on how to "get to the head of the class" in boxing... the sport is more fukked up than I thought.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    https://www.boxingnews24.com/2023/03...-garcia-clash/

It’s true in a way that Ryan talked his way into the fight with the 28-year-old Gervonta, but when you have 9 million Instagram followers, that puts you at the head of the class in boxing. With that kind of popularity, Ryan doesn’t need to earn the fight the hard way like normal fighters because his popularity outside of the ring is enough.

I cut/pasted this because of the bolded part... which is PRECISELY why I don't like Ryan and hope he gets knocked on his Instagram ass.

If this is the blueprint on how to "get to the head of the class" in boxing... the sport is more fukked up than I thought.
    I thought that would be proved by the Jake Paul/ Tommy Fury circus.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information