Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What effect will this break have on boxing and individual boxers?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What effect will this break have on boxing and individual boxers?

A lot of knockouts. Early knockouts too. The first few fights will be sloppy as hell with guys tiring out and getting TKO'd. For sure.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    A lot of knockouts. Early knockouts too. The first few fights will be sloppy as hell with guys tiring out and getting TKO'd. For sure.

That's a good take on things. You're probably right.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think that it will be too much longer until we see boxing in some fashion. Many people that I know are already working hard to be ready when opportunity presents itself.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Robert Garcia facility in Riverside, Calif, is up and running. I suspect that it has been for some time because the Riverside County sheriff was not enforcing the shut down order and the gym is located in an area that used to be patrolled by the sheriff, as opposed to the city police.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Been a long strange trip hasn't it? Seems we have come full circle with the UK being down. I think the lull we have now with some promoters in States is them planning around what were seen as the worst months. One thing that I was wrong on or maybe put to much stock in was having 'needing' massive crowds all the time. It's odd some cards you notice much more than others but largely crowd or not, the atmosphere, a good competitive fight does keep you center focus.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Been a long strange trip hasn't it? Seems we have come full circle with the UK being down. I think the lull we have now with some promoters in States is them planning around what were seen as the worst months. One thing that I was wrong on or maybe put to much stock in was having 'needing' massive crowds all the time. It's odd some cards you notice much more than others but largely crowd or not, the atmosphere, a good competitive fight does keep you center focus.
    Good observation. A decent well matched fight will always entertain but maybe the uneven mandatories and overhyped grudge jobs were somewhat compensated for with a crowd filling in some of those entertainment gaps.

Its easy to forget it has never just been a sport. The circus, the showmen, the flash and bang and the traveling show coming to town has always kept prizefighting special.

Personally I can't wait to get back to shooting and reporting on the small hall shows and trade fights were a lot of friends and colleagues keep that fire burning.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A bad effect on sports overall, sad to say. I don't want to live in a masked society. It can only minimize, not eliminate. Fortunate for boxers, they have a smaller team, unlike baseball, basketball, soccer, American football. NFL is really feeling the effects.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information