Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default three guys you 100% think beat canelo

who are three guys you 100% think beat canelo if they fought in the near future, lightheavyweight & under. no excuses about judging or stipulations. just this guy will if they fight soon
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: three guys you 100% think beat canelo

Bivol
    Beterbiev
    Callum Smith
    All too big and too strong.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Bivol
    Beterbiev
    Callum Smith
    artur could but he is nearing the age where canelo won't receive any credit for beating him. i think his style suits canelo. dmitry has a difficult style but canelo would bust that chin. canelo would knockout callum easy
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Bivol
    Beterbiev
    Callum Smith
    artur could but he is nearing the age where canelo won't receive any credit for beating him. i think his style suits canelo. dmitry has a difficult style but canelo would bust that chin. canelo would knockout callum easy
    Primo has it right for me and Beterbiev would ruin Canelo.

The slick southpaws could cause Canelo problems but do not have the power to trouble Canelo.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't see anyone 100% beating Canelo, he's proven himself against all styles and has a granite chin.

Lightheavy - Beterbiev has the natural size/strength to bash him up and Bivol the size/skill to outpoint him. Whether they can do it is another story. In fact several light-heavyweights give him a challenge.

Supermiddle - Smith gets stopped. Saunders and Plant have funky/slick styles to trouble him but get outpointed. Benavidez outpointed/stopped.

Middle - He's never going back to 160 but Charlo and Andrade have no chance of outpointing him.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He does have a great chin, but I think he has lost to more than 3 already. Decent fighter, but seems a bit rigged.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No Ones mentioned Golovkin?

Golovkin has and can beat him again

The thing with Canelo is you need to either be a rock hard and bigger cunt and just bully him or keep him on the end of a great jab and out box him.

Look what a tiny Amir Khan did for half the fight (he was landing that jab with ease it just had no power to keep Canelo away), Yeah he got put in a temporary coma but we all knew that would happen.

I'd fancy a 100% fully fit Saunders to beat him on points (Saunders has WAY better footwork and speed) and Beterbiev to Be able to bully him around and win that way.

El Kabong Guest

Ah so fighters of today to beat the roided up bastard? I guess a list of All-Timers would get too damn long.

Let's see here
    My A#1 with a bullet is Andre Ward. I don't care how long he's been out of the game I don't care if he ever laces the gloves up again, he'd school Canelo...but seeing how he's retired for the time beign I'll list 3 more.

#1. Artur Beterbiev

#2. Dimitry Bivol

#3. Caleb Plant

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To me it depends on what is meant by "beat". If it means getting the decision, forget it. Only way of getting a "W" on the books against Ginger is by KO..... and then you have a 90% chance.

As for the responses from the rest of the knowledgeable gentlemen.......

Bivol
    Beterbiev
    Callum Smith
    Yes absolutely. But see note above. It would have to be by KO to get the nod.

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Bivol
    Beterbiev
    Callum Smith
    Primo has it right for me and Beterbiev would ruin Canelo.

The slick southpaws could cause Canelo problems but do not have the power to trouble Canelo.

Yes, Beterbiev would certainly ruin Canelo, which is precisely why he'll never get the chance.

Slick southpaws AND.... orthodox fighters cause Canelo problems. He's been outboxed countless times. Power is an issue, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    He does have a great chin, but I think he has lost to more than 3 already. Decent fighter, but seems a bit rigged.

Did you say "rigged"? As in he's a rigged fighter? Pretty sure what you meant, and yes....... everything about Canelo fights screams "RIGGED."

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    No Ones mentioned Golovkin?

Golovkin has and can beat him again

The thing with Canelo is you need to either be a rock hard and bigger cunt and just bully him or keep him on the end of a great jab and out box him.

Look what a tiny Amir Khan did for half the fight (he was landing that jab with ease it just had no power to keep Canelo away), Yeah he got put in a temporary coma but we all knew that would happen.

I'd fancy a 100% fully fit Saunders to beat him on points (Saunders has WAY better footwork and speed) and Beterbiev to Be able to bully him around and win that way.

Absolutely..... Golovkin DID beat Canelo the first time around. But there again that cursed word "beat." He beat Ginger to all us knowledgeable fans..... but didn't get the nod. Weird, huh?

Yes..... Khan was pitching a shutout when he got caught by that "Teofilo Stevenson-like" right hand. Only punch needed from Ginger. Floyd did the same thing, but escaped without getting caught.

With BJS it'd be more of the same. Ginger getting a boxing lesson as long as Saunders could avoid getting tagged.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Ah so fighters of today to beat the roided up bastard? I guess a list of All-Timers would get too damn long.

Let's see here
    My A#1 with a bullet is Andre Ward. I don't care how long he's been out of the game I don't care if he ever laces the gloves up again, he'd school Canelo...but seeing how he's retired for the time beign I'll list 3 more.

#1. Artur Beterbiev

#2. Dimitry Bivol

#3. Caleb Plant

Haha! My favorite quip (about the list of All-Timers being too damn long).

On Ward I'm not so sure. He'd get dragged into the most ridiculous catchweight imaginable (something Team Ginger was sure Ward couldn't handle coming from his fat and lazy retired status).

The rest of the deck would be so stacked it would make WWE seem real in comparison.

El Kabong Guest

Well Andre Ward has pull like nobody else Canelo would fight has pull (bar Floyd). The fight would be in California(Oakland) not Vegas, catchweight wouldn't be a thing (not that Ward would agree to).

The others might be facing an uphill battle, but that's why I think Plant is the guy to do it. He's slick and he has pop, he's got quick hands and size. However he is relatively inexperienced which might be something that piques the interest of Canelo's management.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Well Andre Ward has pull like nobody else Canelo would fight has pull (bar Floyd). The fight would be in California(Oakland) not Vegas, catchweight wouldn't be a thing (not that Ward would agree to).

The others might be facing an uphill battle, but that's why I think Plant is the guy to do it. He's slick and he has pop, he's got quick hands and size. However he is relatively inexperienced which might be something that piques the interest of Canelo's management.

Rest assured Team Ginger's Computerized Risk Analytics Program (C.R.A.P.) is currently churning Plant's data through many different scenarios.

Nothing less than a 99.5% win probability will be accepted as the go-ahead to make an offer.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

billy joe would be abused. callum already shat himself. dmitry & artur are vulnerable but artur's power is dangerous. dre would be carried. ggg gets rolled. good call on caleb but he would get hurt against a p4p fighter like canelo. outside of artur we might have to look above lightheavy to find a challenge for canelo

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you’re building Canelo up to be some sort of superhero here. Don’t get me wrong, he’s good, very good, but there’s no doubt he’s been cleverly matched.
    If he fought Beterbiev or Bivol, (which unquestionably he wouldn’t ! “Risk/reward and all that.) it would be the first time that he’s given away the right to any advantages .
    Well second time actually, and when that happened, Floyd beat him.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well saying anyone 100% beats him is a little bit much. The whole point of wanting top fights to happen is because that's never going to be the case. He is fundamentally very sound, has legit power and a granite chin, and unlike many guys you could name here he isn't on the decline. Beterbiev and Ward would be my top two as far as who i would favour to beat him, Bivol also has every chance. I think how effective he is at 175 is still a bit of a question mark, as Kovalev wasn't exactly red hot and still gave him big trouble(I didn't think Kov was winning like many did, but there was room for him to have been, if that makes sense.) Callum Smith does marginally better than his brother did imo, Saunders would need to box out of his skin to capitalize on what advantages he'd have, and GGG is clearly not the same fighter who beat Canelo the first time, regardless of how you scored the second, they are going in different directions. David Benavidez would have the best chance of anyone not mentioned so far, that's a great fight.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think you’re building Canelo up to be some sort of superhero here. Don’t get me wrong, he’s good, very good, but there’s no doubt he’s been cleverly matched.
    If he fought Beterbiev or Bivol, (which unquestionably he wouldn’t ! “Risk/reward and all that.) it would be the first time that he’s given away the right to any advantages .
    Well second time actually, and when that happened, Floyd beat him.

You have GOT to be f**king kidding me....

Canelo gave away his right to any advantages against Floyd??

Ok so for someone who started his pro career at superfeatherweight, and arguably had some of his glory years at 140 and below...... to be cajoled up to 152 for Ginger..... when Ginger was the titlist just two pounds north of that.......

And he "gave away his right to any advantages"?

I'm sorry..... did I miss something here?

By the way, Floyd shut out his ass even WITH the obvious weight and power advantage. It's the only way Ginger agrees to fights.

Thread Information