Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Last of Us 2 Goes SJW Thread

I am not sure if you have been paying attention to the very Naughty Dog crew, but they appear to have followed up possibly the best game of all time with what appears to be a load of SJW shite. I won't reveal the story, but it sounds very lame. Do the research for yourself as I don't want to do spoilers, but basically The Last of Us ends with The Last of Us for me. Thank you whoever did the leaking for saving me 70 bucks and I will probably buy Streets of Rage 4 and buy a few albums instead.

What are your thoughts on the rather sorry state of The Last of Us 2? I think it is such a shame considering the quality of the last game and the potential they had. Druckman seems to have sold out to the Twitter loonies and Naughty Dog is going to lose a lot of money. You sensed it with the last couple of releases really.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Last of Us 2 Goes SJW Thread

I guess you chaps are more your TV watching crowd. I am quite disturbed by what they have done to this game. I am sure it will be a technical joy, but you need to respect your characters, especially when the last game had, in my view, one of the most affecting stories I have ever seen in a game. Those were characters you had grown with.

The lesbian stuff is not an issue. I played Assassin's Creed Odyssey and chose to be an obviously lesbian woman. I have no issues with that, I heard her path was more interesting and went in that direction and flirted with a few characters. However, it is obviously somewhat forced considering a woman typically would not be a lesbian. I played Tomb Raider, again no issues, but no fanny fever there. Ellie gay? We knew that already, though to be fair in the first game they avoided that and she was just a troubled kid and thus it did seem rather forced in the additional content. The agenda was to be driven from that point on. There was a gay character in TLOU who was excellently drawn too, but it never seemed forced. Nobody has any issues with the first game.

The sequel however is something a lot of people have issues with and it is not just the SJW angle, but the weird story they are trying to push. All I will say is butch and you can do your own research. Tito would be interested in this one. Why they have to go down this strange path is beyond me, but then I do not spend time on Twitter like some heads of game production companies do. Christian cults? There are online cults too, Mr Druckmann.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'm not really up on the sequel but i'm interested to hear your thoughts, put it in a spoiler if you care to share. i just brought a ps4 before my leave started, the naughty dog nathan drake collection, three games are available for free download
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The original for me was something special in gaming. It was a story that puts most films to shame in terms of how it was structured and the adult nuanced way in which it portrayed themes of guilt, grief, loss of innocence in a world that was so beautifully put together. You were on a journey with them and it was the story of Joel and Ellie, two characters that you really feel for by the end. Such a great game. In many ways it should have ended there, but there was still the potential to build on that world and develop those characters, to see them over time, but what they have done here is basically spat on the entire premise that they had created in the name of contortion and spinning it from another angle. Fine, you can do that, but don't pretend it is a continuation of that world. Now, I could be wrong and I have not even watched cut scenes or of course played the whole game to see how they have done this, but if what those who have seen these things are to be believed they have contorted the world into something that was never asked for.

I won't spoil anything for anyone except to say that I am disappointed by this. The game will probably be such fun, but the story is not what anyone expected or probably even wanted.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the...thread.192597/

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No idea what you are on about.

What have they done.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Check out the thread I linked to in my last post Mark and admire the utter stupidity of it all. How the story ever got into development is beyond me. Utterly stupid.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am torn on this. I know the game will have great mechanics, I know it will be visually beautiful, Naughty Dog never really fails on the story front, so those leaks are confusing. The new trailer of the game looks great, but it is showing it as the story of Ellie and Joel and barely glances at Abbie. Have the leaks put a distorted take on it? But then they have not only dismantled comments but also the likes button. It suggests a degree of damage control as does that awful video of Druckmann avoiding and slipping and sliding in a new video. He is being hit hard with the dislikes.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a bunch of entitled lame sad fucks. An entire army of Incels mobilized to protest a game based on it's politics. It is beyond hilarious how broflakes wet their beds over a game ffs.

Ha!

It s a game. Play another one you wet fish.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah honestly to be honest I just don't get the fascination with all that game stuff.

In 2014 a co-teacher of mine showed me a lot about PlayStation 3, Grand theft Auto and all that.....I just don't see what the big fascination is.

video games do absolutely nothing for me I cannot imagine what the big fascination is

El Kabong Guest

In this day and age I think Video Games should be seen on par with Film & TV and IMO I'm all for "art for art's sake" as in the game/movie/show doesn't HAVE to have a special political opinion or deeper meaning or a this or a that, you can just enjoy something because it's enjoyable to play or look at or listen to.

The creators of 'Last of Us 2' are free to make whatever kind of game they like and the marketplace will dictate if overall it's a success or not and individually people will decide for themselves if it's good, bad, indifferent.

Either people will enjoy the game and therefore the game makes the creators money or people won't enjoy the game and the creators will lose money.

Some works of art take time to be fully appreciated and some games may find out likewise.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My friend is playing now and says it looks beautiful and plays like the first. Not affected by the story yet.

The first game, certainly in terms of storytelling, was my favorite game. It was such a well constructed narrative and was a really spooky fun game to play too with wonderful post apocalyptic settings to play among.

Knowing what I know I am torn. It is clear that Druckmann has little respect for gamers or the characters and is pushing agendas and I am not sure why he chose to create a poor narrative with characters you do not grow with or care for. It is leaving players cold. In saying that many games have shit stories but the gameplay makes up for it. It is just that here they made such a great story for the first one. A timeless story with real depth, rmotion and nuance. You felt a part of Joel and Ellie and grew with them over that 20 hours which a film cannot do. Only a book can really grow characters to that level.

Naughty Dog clearly has a lot of issues these days. For a period their content was beyond all other gamimg content, but when you start falling to the woke mob you lose. I am going to wait and see, but might and might not play. Depends on the fun factor at this stage and the artistry will of course be amazing.

Thread Information