Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Dmitry Bivol Would Move Down To 168 Pounds To Fight Callum Smith

Dmitry Bivol’s preference is to remain at light heavyweight.
    A title unification fight against Artur Beterbiev very much interests the unbeaten Bivol, who owns the WBA 175-pound championship. Bivol obviously would move down to the super middleweight limit of 168 pounds for a lucrative shot at Canelo Alvarez as well.
    But that isn’t the only super middleweight match that could entice Bivol to drop down seven pounds. Bivol (17-0, 11 KOs) also would make that move for a shot at WBA super middleweight champ Callum Smith (27-0, 19 KOs).

Bivol discussed his possible future fights with Chris Lloyd for the most recent episode of “The Lockdown Tapes,” Matchroom Boxing’s podcast.
    “I think it could be a great fight for Britain fans and for Russian fans,” Bivol said of facing England’s Smith. “For boxing, it’s a good fight because he’s a champion at 168 pounds, and I am the champion at 175. I would like to fight against the best fighters in the world, and he’s now one of these guys who’s the best.”
    The 29-year-old Bivol would prefer it if the 6-feet-3 Smith moved up to light heavyweight to fight him, yet he is completely comfortable dropping down a division to make it happen.
    “[It’s] better at 175 because this is my weight,” Bivol said. “But I can move to 168. It’s not a problem for me, I think, because my last fight on the [weigh-in] day, I had breakfast before I weighed in. And I don’t feel thirsty on this day. I think I have a reserve to make [168 pounds].”
    Bivol beat Smith in an amateur match in 2012.
    “It was in Hungary,” Bivol said. “To be honest, I don’t remember this fight at all because when we fight each other, for me it was just a guy from Great Britain, just a tall guy who has good skills. But I have to beat him. Only like that, my memories.”
    Alvarez (53-1-2, 36 KOs) would be Bivol’s first choice if he were to move down to super middleweight. He realizes, of course, that virtually every champion from middleweight to light heavyweight wants a shot at the Mexican icon.
    “Of course, many people wanna fight Canelo,” Bivol said, “because many people see that he is just a man, just a boxer. Yeah, of course he is a good boxer. But you can earn money with him, you can make a good name for you if you [beat] him. It’s a good opportunity to show your boxing skills to the whole world, because he has the biggest fan base.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/dmitry-b...-smith--148832

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dmitry Bivol Would Move Down To 168 Pounds To Fight Callum Smith

Make it them happen please !

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I felt that this is dangerous fight for Callum right now, this man is a beast.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would be chuckle worthy to see him go down and upend a respectable 168 trinket not named Rocky Fielding. I think we're going to see a lot of this division jumping when boxing finds it's legs again. So much time lost it's going to be a scramble and Bivol going on 30 knows he 'needs' a big sort of event.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    I felt that this is dangerous fight for Callum right now, this man is a beast.

I agree Brock.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never move down. Let a man come up. Always. You lose more going down.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He might kill Callum. Callum is not ready for this, and he afterwards will NOT be in any condition to be fighting BJS.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

callum gets slapped around
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    He might kill Callum. Callum is not ready for this, and he afterwards will NOT be in any condition to be fighting BJS.
    You shouldn’t talk shit like that, a fighter could die in any fight. but they have fought before, they’re not Worlds and levels apart.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information