Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How long is your work commute

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I wouldn't accept that test either.
    you just need to imagine
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anywhere from ten to twenty minutes depending. Sometimes in the morning I actually try to catch the red lights

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Anywhere from ten to twenty minutes depending. Sometimes in the morning I actually try to catch the red lights
    I also don't mind driving in in the morning, they way back is a different story though.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    On a phone, so poor spelling and syntax there. Almost like a Brock to phone job!
    I hear you miles no doubt ones transportation to work is an important factor to take in when accepting a job. In this case the pay and benefits make this tolerable. Actually this job is just two exists on the highway beyond my current work location. Granted when I am doing mechanical work that job is only about 17 minutes away. Anyway this company has sites in a city only about 20 minutes away so I’m thinking opportunities may arise in the future to switch. When I start my orientation it will be in that city about 20 minutes away. I know people who have 3 hour commutes. I know people who have ten minute commutes. When I was growing up my father worked in another state and would be at the airport every Monday morning at 5am.

When I’m at work I get a company car which is good. A lot of these places make you use your own car but pay you mileage for wear and tear. 30 days off plus every federal holiday I took these into consideration and in the US an hour or so commute really isn’t uncommon. Shit my neighbors worked in Manhattan for years, drove 5 days a week, I don’t know how he handled it but he was a successful guy, on his days off he was building a home. I found that impressive. I asked him if the commute bothered him he said “no why would it.”

This new place also pays double time and a half when it snows, I don’t want to get ahead of myself I haven’t even started yet. So anyway I won’t have an exact calculation on travel time until I start but regardless I wasn’t really looking for this position I had my resume online and they contacted me. I’m not going to complain about a long drive when I see these jobless numbers posted. It’s funny how things work though, if I was desperate and looking for work it probably would not have been this easy. Even interviewing is much easier because you don’t really care if you get the position or not. I had an hour and 45 minute zoom interview and I was at peace as either way things were okay. The hard part is saying goodbye to my current place I’m in the middle of several different things and I don’t have the time to complete them all. I hope whoever is taking over these cases follows through and gets these guys and girls the shit they need.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So miles two days in at the new place made it home in 35 minutes. The ride there was longer but it included 15 minutes at Dunkin’ Donuts. Can’t give any rating on the new job yet, I’ll be stuck in an office for a while learning the system I’m not an office person but I gotta get all the BS done before I can hit the road.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well, the average urban resident who cannot afford a car, gas, registration, maintenance, car payments, and car insurance (oh, let's say thats about $700 to $900 per month) in say DC, LA, NYC, Boston, Newark, Jersey City, it can easily take 90 to 120 minutes EACH WAY, and they don't even blink. Gotta be a tough person.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    well, the average urban resident who cannot afford a car, gas, registration, maintenance, car payments, and car insurance (oh, let's say thats about $700 to $900 per month) in say DC, LA, NYC, Boston, Newark, Jersey City, it can easily take 90 to 120 minutes EACH WAY, and they don't even blink. Gotta be a tough person.
    Are you enjoying yourself Brock. Let me know when you want to stop the disliking the posts and commenting on everything I say in a negative way. It’s a bit sick. I’ll just hit you back with the dislikes until you stop. Are things that bad for you now? I’m sorry you are having a tough time but maybe you can find more positive ways to deal with your problems. It’s too late for you to turn things around, that ship had sailed, but you can still try to be a decent human, that it’s never too late for.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles 50 minutes home today. Traffic

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I started this whole commute thread when I was offered a new job. Actually the commute is much less of a concern than I anticipated. I made an error though, one of my coworkers practices Hinduism I assumed she was from India. Today I find she is from Guyana. I didn’t realize so many residents of India were moved to Guyana back in the day. She schooled me today about racism and the current political strife in Guyana, it was interesting to hear as it’s not much reported on. I think it’s a shame there is so many people suffering in various countries but for whatever reason it isn’t deemed news worthy. Her father left Guyana and was homeless in the US for a period of time but he is solid now. This girl is very nice, I look forward to seeing her on Wednesday we became fast friends. She had an interview at Yale yesterday which she said went quite well. I would be sad to see her go but happy to see her make a positive step career wise, I imagine Yale would be a decent place to work.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will also add I was almost late today. My alarms went off but for some reason I thought it was Sunday. I shut my alarms off and went back to sleep. I don’t know why I was convinced it was Sunday I’m guessing it was part of a dream.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do you do on your commute? Listen to music? Catch up on news? Learn via podcasts? Audio books?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do you do on your commute? Listen to music? Catch up on news? Learn via podcasts? Audio books?
    Slightly disappointed there's no option for hanging the head out of the window and making overly enthusiastic motorboat sounds while watching the road.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have serious XM radio which includes the Beatles and Grateful Dead channel but also has 20 or more news channels. Most of the time I catch up on news but on occasion I’ll blast some dead, Beatles, Motown or blues. The jimmy buffet channel is cool as well a lot of reggae but seriously I can make it in a half hour sometimes I was expecting much worse. Now driving around that city is a different story but I use the companies car for that

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since the work from home advisory- my commute is from my bed to my computer desk. about 3-5 steps, depending which foot I start off with. Some people who were commuting 1 1/2 hours- are hoping this last till year's end.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information