Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tank-Teo-Haney-Garcia - Who comes out on top?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tank-Teo-Haney-Garcia - Who comes out on top?

This is the best little quartet/rivalry in boxing. Four unbeaten, fearless kids full of piss and spunk. I'd much prefer they start a little round robin type comp whilst Loma goes find someone else to fight (obviously that won't happen, they'll all swerve each other claiming "low ball" offers and "liar" promoters but hey, that's the modern era. Shame.).

Based purely on their oppostion so far I rate them in this order:-

1. Teo
    2. Tank
    3. Garcia
    4. Haney

However, I think Haney might prove to be no.1. I thought Garcia was a hype job until recent times too but it appears not. I was surprised Teo ironed out Commey in such impressive fashion and Tank still hasn't morphed into a full blown Broner. Thankfully. For now.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Fenster; 05-16-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tank-Teo-Haney-Garcia - Who comes out on top?

These guys are pretty young, impressive, there's some good boxers out there.. Garcia seems so quick and powerful but I think he'll grow out of this weight class fairly quick and might not be quite as impressive as he goes up. Haney seems very good and pretty young too, he talks well in pre taped stuff(he's still quite nervous on live TV) so I think he has some brain activity compared to some others :S.. I think he could well end up the best out of those four, he seems to be a well rounded talent (although all of them are really), great KO v Moran a few fights back too...
    Lopez looked has been looking very good too but seems like an angry chap I think he and Davis will struggle if they get beat, which could happen pretty soon for Lopez...

I like Davis though, he's my pick as to who will end up the best out of those guys... But obviously my two favourites are the bottom two for opposition faced... And of course potential stars never have a hard time when the competition steps up :S...

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    This is the best little quartet/rivalry in boxing. Four unbeaten, fearless kids full of piss and spunk. I'd much prefer they start a little round robin type comp whilst Loma goes find someone else to fight (obviously that won't happen, they'll all swerve each other claiming "low ball" offers and "liar" promoters but hey, that's the modern era. Shame.).

1. Teo
    2. Tank
    3. Garcia
    4. Haney

However, I think Haney might prove to be no.1. I thought Garcia was a hype job until recent times too but it appears not. I was surprised Teo ironed out Commey in such impressive fashion and Tank still hasn't morphed into a full blown Broner. Thankfully. For now.

Thoughts?
    See, now I don’t think they’ll swerve each other. I reckon there’s gonna be a lot of changes after this pandemic. I don’t reckon the money will be as easy to come by for sub standard match ups.
    Also , they’ve all lost a year of their earning potential.
    I reckon big fights are gonna have to happen if you wanna make money.
    As for these 4, again I might be wrong, but I think the up and comers like Teo and Garcia will push on more. Haney, I’m not so sure, and Tank, well how disciplined has he been in this lockdown?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For some reason at this point it feels like Davis is the old guy in his 3rd year of Senior class here . Assuming they all come back in form a couple are already scrambling for big gigs right off, Linares for Garcia and a supposed 'agreement' for Davis v Santa Cruz in the fall on ppv. Btw who's buying or pitching ppv in this economy? But yeh..there are 101 different directions fights can unfold at this point.

Davis is still a massive question mark to me. More potential than payout still at this point and I think 135 is his plateau with that compact frame, dependence on reflex and repeated run ins outside of the ring. This extended layoff following that near one dimensional patchy showing with a one stilt Gamboa did him zero favors. Maybe that's a bit unfair but Davis really needs to screw his head on straight ASAP and be the phenom Mayweather held the stage for.

Teo is who'd I put with the most momentum and pure fire in the belly but as with Davis I'm not sure about the weight between action. The guy reeks of the explosive legit package and seems to be growing up a bit mentally. Big on Loma and not to long ago that was laughed off and then he detonated Commey like sweaty dynamite. Loma needs a big deal and in a way Teo has the early fanfare and 'it' to carry some promotion. This one is going to be fun to watch unfold

Ryan Garcia has done very well. Admittedly I found him pretty cringy but his speed and confidence in self are extremely helpful assets. Of all four though I think he has the most to answer in terms of consistent natural defense and taking a brick on the beard. He stands tall and late on that head stays still, but of course he's ripping off 5,6 punch volleys. Big flair big frame and surely Oscar will push to work him through bigger weight so like to see him step up, the Linares show at 135 (?) is the right route and they're banking on the highlight reel KO.

Haney I just don't know. Of the four the one with the least plates on the table for me. He knocks on about greatness and somehow he's technically a two time champ in some circles but still feels like he is still a lighter shade of green. Clearly huge athleticism and pedigree with self promotion. If Fortuna and Campbell settle things for a trinket love to see Haney try to shine with winner.

Will so much lost time and revenue promoters may very well need to make hard calls, go with quantity or quality building 'big' matches up? Resources, staff venues fan revenue etc will all be short..maybe this Twilight Zone we're in actually forces big round robin fights up front for once.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tank I think has the most talent and potential, but he seems to have the least motivation and the worst mindset. Because of that, I just don’t think that he will ever reach the top where I think he could get to.

I have been big on Teofimo for a while. He has an awkward style and seems to be very athletic. I’m afraid that Loma might take something from him mentally if they fight at this stage, but we will see.

Haney has the tools to be very good. I think he has the best head on his shoulders out of the 4 so I have the most confidence in him that he have a good career even if he has setbacks.

Garcia has proven to be able to beat some decent fighters, but he still looks like one of those fighters that look great against lesser competition but proves to not be elite once he steps up. I could be wrong for sure, but I have just always gotten that vibe from him.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Teofimo's the real deal for me, and when the smoke clears, he should be the one on top.

Davis would be second for me, as much as have grown to dislike him. But we're talking results... so Davis to me is second. His power is undeniable, even if he DID take until the 12th round to get rid of a gimpy Gamboa.

I'd put Garcia over Haney, although for sheer hype Garcia's got them ALL beat. Geez... when the media decides to fawn all over someone... all bets are off. Let's see if the reality lives up to the hype.

Haney unfortunately comes in fourth in this particular race, as I think he gets blown out by any of the top three.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Tank I think has the most talent and potential, but he seems to have the least motivation and the worst mindset. Because of that, I just don’t think that he will ever reach the top where I think he could get to.

I have been big on Teofimo for a while. He has an awkward style and seems to be very athletic. I’m afraid that Loma might take something from him mentally if they fight at this stage, but we will see.

Haney has the tools to be very good. I think he has the best head on his shoulders out of the 4 so I have the most confidence in him that he have a good career even if he has setbacks.

Garcia has proven to be able to beat some decent fighters, but he still looks like one of those fighters that look great against lesser competition but proves to not be elite once he steps up. I could be wrong for sure, but I have just always gotten that vibe from him.
    I feel exactly the same about Teo, Haney and Garcia and I have nothing to add to your comments, I'm not so sure what to think about Tank, he could be the next Broner, or Berto, or the next leader of the division, even a top p4p fighter.
    Based on their resume I agree with Fenster rating, but for the future my money are on Davis, or if he blow it, I'l pick Haney.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

king ry is training with team canelo & eddy, could have all the backing to come out on top
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

I agree with your assessment, except I’ll add I don’t think Teo does well when he meets his own talent level. Nakatani was very good, I don’t begrudge Teo for struggling. I just didn’t like the way he struggled. He got very obvious when things weren’t working. He was trying things rather than making things happen.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No one knows who'll come out on top.

But as an assessment.

Teo has the best win and resume in taken out a very solid champion in 2 like Commey

Garcia has looked the most spectacular and eye catching.

Haney visually looks the best from a stylistic point of view.

Tank looks the most solid and durable.

I honestly don't know who will come out on top and it could be any of the four.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

devin haney is tight as a drum. he'd fight much better if he'd just let himself relax a little, i'm sure of that. but out of all the new guys i think he's the best.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Teo
    2. Tank
    3. Garcia
    4. Haney

Thoughts?
    Garcia is the better boxer. I'm not sure Tank hurts Garcia at any time. So I would say Garcia over all. Haney ain't doin' it for me. I'm sorry!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

1. Teo
    2. Tank
    3. Garcia
    4. Haney

Thoughts?
    Garcia is the better boxer. I'm not sure Tank hurts Garcia at any time. So I would say Garcia over all. Haney ain't doin' it for me. I'm sorry!
    devin's power lets him down
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Devin Haney beat Garcia 2 times in Junior and Youth Nationals. 138-8 in amateurs. But even with Eddie in his corner KingRy still can't beat him.
    Last edited by zoley; 05-22-2020 at 03:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When it's all said and done we'll see Garcia come out as the best of the bunch
    The wicked shall die by there own wickedness.

Thread Information