Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Whyte: I dropped Fury in sparring

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    19,248
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1648
    Cool Clicks

    Default Whyte: I dropped Fury in sparring

    Just saw Dillian saying this on Sky Sports boxing show.
    Johnny Nelson claiming this is why Fury never calls Whyte out.


    Dillian Whyte says Tyson Fury is reluctant to fight him because of past spars between the pair.


    https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...ry-in-sparring

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    1,775
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    42
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Whyte: I dropped Fury in sparring

    It may well be true. Certain sparring partners have had the number so to speak of certain fighters. It could be that whyite's style is just so that he can take fury out

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,366
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    478
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Whyte: I dropped Fury in sparring

    I saw this on Twitter and yeah, it could be true. But if it is true, wouldn’t it be absolutely amazing that we haven’t heard whispers before?
    On another point related to this, has any pro Boxer anywhere in the World done as much fucking talking in this lockdown as Whyte has. Every other day he is chatting shit about someone or other?
    Talk about trying to stay relevant!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,275
    Mentioned
    1533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2766
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Whyte: I dropped Fury in sparring

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I saw this on Twitter and yeah, it could be true. But if it is true, wouldn’t it be absolutely amazing that we haven’t heard whispers before?
    On another point related to this, has any pro Boxer anywhere in the World done as much fucking talking in this lockdown as Whyte has. Every other day he is chatting shit about someone or other?
    Talk about trying to stay relevant!
    Whyte is fighting next so has to stay relevant which is why he has to make the noise.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    40,072
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4784
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Whyte: I dropped Fury in sparring

    Yeh I think a lot of fighters are getting bored. I think Haney and Teo have logged more rounds in online spars than their last couple fights. I get the whole talking it up but honestly it’s a little bit small to boast about sparring accomplishments or rumors to boast yourself up. After all Fury just laid a one way hiding on the biggest biggest biggest puncher since Tyson and walked through everything doing it. In fairness though think Whyte makes a solid run with anyone going now and has more than earned his way back.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Whyte: I dropped Fury in sparring

    Fury has been dropped a few times in his career. Doesn't mean much since he's still undefeated. Deontey Wilder dropped Fury as well, look what happened there.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    8,175
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1600
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Whyte: I dropped Fury in sparring

    For me Fury is the kind of guy who’d admit this anyway so let’s see what he says if asked.

    He’s risen from the canvas and is still undefeated so nothing to hide. His Wilder get up is Up there with Holmes getting up after Shavers lamped him.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    1,775
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    42
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Whyte: I dropped Fury in sparring

    coronavirus boredom is effecting Dillian.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,619
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    434
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Whyte: I dropped Fury in sparring

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Yeh I think a lot of fighters are getting bored. I think Haney and Teo have logged more rounds in online spars than their last couple fights. I get the whole talking it up but honestly it’s a little bit small to boast about sparring accomplishments or rumors to boast yourself up. After all Fury just laid a one way hiding on the biggest biggest biggest puncher since Tyson and walked through everything doing it. In fairness though think Whyte makes a solid run with anyone going now and has more than earned his way back.
    Earned? He’s a multi offense steroid cheat who also used illegal gloves. Keep in mind he’s been caught publicly multiple times and UKAD is willing to keep secrets. So we don’t actually know how many times he’s failed. We just know it’s at least twice.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,275
    Mentioned
    1533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2766
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Whyte: I dropped Fury in sparring

    Whyte should concentrate on himself and not getting dropped by Parker and Rivas than bragging about knocking Fury down multiple times.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    40,072
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4784
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Whyte: I dropped Fury in sparring

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Yeh I think a lot of fighters are getting bored. I think Haney and Teo have logged more rounds in online spars than their last couple fights. I get the whole talking it up but honestly it’s a little bit small to boast about sparring accomplishments or rumors to boast yourself up. After all Fury just laid a one way hiding on the biggest biggest biggest puncher since Tyson and walked through everything doing it. In fairness though think Whyte makes a solid run with anyone going now and has more than earned his way back.
    Earned? He’s a multi offense steroid cheat who also used illegal gloves. Keep in mind he’s been caught publicly multiple times and UKAD is willing to keep secrets. So we don’t actually know how many times he’s failed. We just know it’s at least twice.
    Truth is neither you or I have a clue who's actually using banned or sold over the counter substances anymore and it's a damn shame. Not clear on how much of the last minute glove situation is directly at Whytes feet rather than the commission and promotion. Shady yes. All I know is the guy has beaten some top contenders since falling to AJ and is in a spot for a shot.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,805
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    412
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Whyte: I dropped Fury in sparring

    Quote Originally Posted by zoley View Post
    Fury has been dropped a few times in his career. Doesn't mean much since he's still undefeated. Deontey Wilder dropped Fury as well, look what happened there.
    This!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    19,546
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1549
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Whyte: I dropped Fury in sparring

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Yeh I think a lot of fighters are getting bored. I think Haney and Teo have logged more rounds in online spars than their last couple fights. I get the whole talking it up but honestly it’s a little bit small to boast about sparring accomplishments or rumors to boast yourself up. After all Fury just laid a one way hiding on the biggest biggest biggest puncher since Tyson and walked through everything doing it. In fairness though think Whyte makes a solid run with anyone going now and has more than earned his way back.
    Earned? He’s a multi offense steroid cheat who also used illegal gloves. Keep in mind he’s been caught publicly multiple times and UKAD is willing to keep secrets. So we don’t actually know how many times he’s failed. We just know it’s at least twice.
    The appeal lodged with the WBC regarding the gloves. What happened with that? What secrets have UKAD kept?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

    Charley Burley

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,805
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    412
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Whyte: I dropped Fury in sparring

    If they ever fight, I got the Gypsy.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. FURY vs WHYTE..2020
    By imp in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-24-2020, 12:16 AM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-12-2019, 10:40 PM
  3. Fury, Haye, Ortiz, AJ even Whyte, they ALL beat Deontay
    By brocktonblockbust in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-01-2017, 10:40 AM
  4. Hughie Fury v Dillian Whyte for the British Title!!!
    By Primo Carnera in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-15-2016, 11:47 PM
  5. Will joshua vs whyte match winner faces Fury or Not?
    By jamzmaxwell in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2015, 01:39 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Saddo Boxing - Boxing