Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fights that Continued/Stopped-If You Were The Ref:

As a ref, I think I would've blew it with Gatti-Ward and stopped right around the part where Lamply is pleading with Frank to stop it. I couldn't fathom a need to continue. Boy look at how that turned out! A classic.

I might have stopped Pac/JMM I. That 3rd KD he sure got up gingerly. Way to soft, to think he could contest and turn it around. Thanks to the judge who made the goof and scored it wrong...We got 4 fights. Had he gotten it right, which he admitted he was wrong...we would've been denied those other 3 great fights.

Interesting considering his mistake brought us JMM-Pac 4 times.

I would not have stopped Lennox vs McCall nor Rahman. man gets up, he has the belt and is the HW champ, I woud have at worst...given him a standing 8 afterward, but if I were reffing those fights, it wouldn't have ended right then & there.

I would have allowed one more round for Lennox vs Vitali- It was too clear, these guys were both tired as hell within 6 rounds, Vitali punch output dropped last 2 rounds, while Lennox who threw less, had the same punch ratio. He plopped down on that chair like he was done... I would've allowed the corner to tend to Vitali...then check his cut, bit before hand.

For sure, I would have either DQ'd Floyd Mayweather vs Zab...Not sure of rules, if possible I would've ended it as a Double DQ.
    No way can Uncle Rog storm the ring like that. His steps in the ring before bell? Dq. But considering how it went down, double DQ for the nut and rabbit combo

Any fights you may have stopped when it kept on? Or vice versa?
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fights that Continued/Stopped-If You Were The Ref:

I would have allowed Tyson v Ruddock and Froch v Groves 1 to have continued. They were stopped prematurely.

I am glad the ref did not stop Ward beating Gatti as well as Bowe v Evander 1 although would have been glad if the ref did stop Bowe in their 3rd fight.

I would have stopped Meldrick Taylor v JCC.

I would have made Griffiths get up after he faked being hurt against Roy Jones, Ortiz against Floyd Mayweather and Khan v Crawford.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brilliant thread..and yes Froch/Groves 1 should never have been stopped so prematurely.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    As a ref, I think I would've blew it with Gatti-Ward and stopped right around the part where Lamply is pleading with Frank to stop it. I couldn't fathom a need to continue. Boy look at how that turned out! A classic.

I might have stopped Pac/JMM I. That 3rd KD he sure got up gingerly. Way to soft, to think he could contest and turn it around. Thanks to the judge who made the goof and scored it wrong...We got 4 fights. Had he gotten it right, which he admitted he was wrong...we would've been denied those other 3 great fights.

I would not have stopped Lennox vs McCall nor Rahman. man gets up, he has the belt and is the HW champ, I woud have at worst...given him a standing 8 afterward, but if I were reffing those fights, it wouldn't have ended right then & there.

I would have allowed one more round for Lennox vs Vitali- It was too clear, these guys were both tired as hell within 6 rounds, Vitali punch output dropped last 2 rounds, while Lennox who threw less, had the same punch ratio. He plopped down on that chair like he was done... I would've allowed the corner to tend to Vitali...then check his cut, bit before hand.

For sure, I would have either DQ'd Floyd Mayweather vs Zab...Not sure of rules, if possible I would've ended it as a Double DQ.
    No way can Uncle Rog storm the ring like that. His steps in the ring before bell? Dq. But considering how it went down, double DQ for the nut and rabbit combo

Hey Slim..... good topic.

First fight that comes to mind is Corrales-Castillo. I would've definitely stopped that one earlier and of course denied the boxing public of an age-less classic.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would have disqualified Froch against Bute when Eddie prematurely jumped in the ring.

Barrera gets DQ'd for smashing Naz's boat into the turnbuckle. Yeah, everyone laughs, Joe Cortez and the boys have chucked dudes out for far less.

Wlad gets DQ'd for climbing all over Povetkin.

Tyson gets DQ'd for attacking me after I stop the Lou Saverese fight.

I'd DQ Fury for using illegal gloves against Wilder.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson deserved to really finish Razor Ruddock in the first fight. Razor was rocking and rolling with one arm through the ropes and sagging but fight was waved off. Very unsatisfying. Tyson would have thrown another double right (body then uppercut) and there would've been no need for that rematch. Maybe with the extra time they could even have squeezed in the fight we all wanted to see before he went to jail, vs holyfield.

Would not have stopped Chavez/Taylor. 2 seconds left. No.

I would have stopped Cooney/Norton and Ruddock/Dokes.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I would have allowed Tyson v Ruddock and Froch v Groves 1 to have continued. They were stopped prematurely.

I am glad the ref did not stop Ward beating Gatti as well as Bowe v Evander 1 although would have been glad if the ref did stop Bowe in their 3rd fight.

I would have stopped Meldrick Taylor v JCC.

I would have made Griffiths get up after he faked being hurt against Roy Jones,(me too!) Ortiz against Floyd Mayweather (I was cool with that stoppage) and Khan v Crawford.
    Agree on Ruddock, he actually looked like he was smiling/laughing as he got smashed to the ropes.

What do you think about Khan vs Barerra?

I would've stopped in probably the 3rd round, even though the cut was a gash, bleeding profusely from round 1 until.
    What irked me about the stoppage was the timing.

4th round one minute in, at 1:45 left ref breaks it up then at 1:31...between that time I counted 1 shot landed, so why now? So the ref & doctor talk to him....while blood is gushing...no wiping,....just talk to him, why?

I'm convinced the ref wanted it to go past 4 so he wouldn't have to give a no contest for a cut caused by a butt.

Let MAB be treated like a warrior. Why let him bleed for 4 1/2 rounds? just to call a break when there was absolutely no punishment being administered.

I would've called that bout before 4, cause nothing occurred worse for me to say...now in the 5th round where there are no mean exchanges occurring, blood flowing no more than before. But that's my take.

In the post-fight interview, Barrera said that he felt the fight should have been stopped in the opening round as the cut was as bad at that point as it would get. The 1st round gash required 33 stitches. I would've gone past 1st round, but not past 4 rounds.
    MAB is a warrior and deserved to be treated as such, but they used him IMO as a notch on Khan's belt. So in a sinister way..Thank U Crawford for doing that Khan...on MAB's behalf: THANK YOU! bwaahahahaaa

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I definitely would've stopped Holmes-Ali end of 9...the way they pushed Ali out there was like watching a lamb being told to run through a field of wolves. I was so pissed. But I didn't know, how angry Dundee was when he finally stopped it ging into the 11th...
    Right emotions...2 or 3 rounds too late.

Holmes from getgo came out to whoop ass. Nothing about his shots were meant to take it easy.

around 9:18 is did Dundee say (F) you!!! to Boudini Brown? It looks like Brown wants Ali to continue, Angelo hits or grabbed him by the arm...or pushing him away from Ali?

I'M THE CHIEF SECOND...ITS OVER!
    2 ROUNDS TOO LATE DUNDEE.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would have stopped the Hearns v Andries fight much earlier, Dennis took so many punches.

I also think Khan v Prescott was stopped early.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I would have stopped the Hearns v Andries fight much earlier, Dennis took so many punches.

I also think Khan v Prescott was stopped early.
    Good mention on Hearns-Andries, damn I totally forgot about that one!! I just remember Tommy dominated.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearns was frightening. Andries got a knock down that was not counted.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

lol... dude, Lennox was spark out on his feet both times. The ref saved him from brain damage against McCall. The Rahman one was kinda iffy, but Lennox was probably gonna get bludgeoned for a few more rounds in any event.

But with Vitali vs Lennox, you must have wanted Vitali to lose an eye man. lol....
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would have stopped Cooney vs Norton. Norton was helpless on the rope taking bomb after bomb. Tyson vs Carl the truth Williams was stop too soon.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    Would have stopped Cooney vs Norton. Norton was helpless on the rope taking bomb after bomb. Tyson vs Carl the truth Williams was stop too soon.
    Agree with the Tyson v Williams, but Carl first responded very confused and by the time the ref stopped it he was protesting wildly. Watch 3.28 of the video.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    Agree with the Tyson v Williams, but Carl first responded very confused and by the time the ref stopped it he was protesting wildly. Watch 3.28 of the video.

Thread Information