Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: George Floyd murdered by cops

Yes even if he was resisting a little bit as they let him over to the car. Or even if he started to get a little bit wild. Let's say he tried to shove an officer. Let's say he tried to hit an officer with his shoulder

whatever he did, racists don't seem to understand the following point: he ended up on his belly with his hands handcuffed behind his back which is a pretty vulnerable position from which a person can not do much not even the greatest UFC athletes whose hands are behind their back laying on their bellies can get up very easily from that...CERTAINLY NOT A 50 SOMETHING YEAR OLD BLACK MAN WHO WAS RATHER FAT AND OUT OF SHAPE.

So what racists don't seem to understand is that once he was on his belly with his hands cuffed behind him, THERE WAS NO NEED TO KNEEL ON HIS NECK FOR 8 MINUTES UNTIL HE DIED.

But racist want to say how he used to hit a woman that was pregnant.....

Yeah okay that's a logical argument, fucking morons

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...out&li=BBnb7Kz

...... and here we go.

If history has shown us anything, it's that this trial will likely end in controversy, disbelief, and an even wider divide between the two polarized sides of America.

It's the only way things get done nowadays.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was watching a channel over here where they were choosing the jury for this court case. It was very interesting. Many did not want to be on the jury and were giving their reasons why they should not be chosen.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I was watching a channel over here where they were choosing the jury for this court case. It was very interesting. Many did not want to be on the jury and were giving their reasons why they should not be chosen.
    People these days in America are very reluctant and even squeamish to be chosen to be on a jury and a high profile case. Things get leaked out as the jury deliberates inevitably and people are seriously scared in these high profile cases of somehow being found out or targeted based on their decisions. Even at a local level for a very low level case in 1991, a friend of mine did not want to be chosen to serve on a jury because he said he was afraid. The case involved a pitbull which had attacked his neighbors 5 year old daughter. He was afraid....

Sometimes the stories sound rational on their surface. "It would be a financial hardship to miss work." They have caretaking obligations with ill or aging family members. They have physical handicaps that would interfere with sitting for long periods or they have difficulty hearing.

I would say citizens who are not at all eager to be on juries, just as those who are OVERLY eager to be on juries, may not be the best people to have deciding your case.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Yes even if he was resisting a little bit as they let him over to the car. Or even if he started to get a little bit wild. Let's say he tried to shove an officer. Let's say he tried to hit an officer with his shoulder

whatever he did, racists don't seem to understand the following point: he ended up on his belly with his hands handcuffed behind his back which is a pretty vulnerable position from which a person can not do much not even the greatest UFC athletes whose hands are behind their back laying on their bellies can get up very easily from that...CERTAINLY NOT A 50 SOMETHING YEAR OLD BLACK MAN WHO WAS RATHER FAT AND OUT OF SHAPE.

So what racists don't seem to understand is that once he was on his belly with his hands cuffed behind him, THERE WAS NO NEED TO KNEEL ON HIS NECK FOR 8 MINUTES UNTIL HE DIED.

But racist want to say how he used to hit a woman that was pregnant.....

Yeah okay that's a logical argument, fucking morons

How did you go from this to

"if there even is such a thing as racism" ?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People these days in America are very reluctant and even squeamish to be chosen to be on a jury and a high profile case. Things get leaked out as the jury deliberates inevitably and people are seriously scared in these high profile cases of somehow being found out or targeted based on their decisions. Even at a local level for a very low level case in 1991, a friend of mine did not want to be chosen to serve on a jury because he said he was afraid. The case involved a pitbull which had attacked his neighbors 5 year old daughter. He was afraid....

Sometimes the stories sound rational on their surface. "It would be a financial hardship to miss work." They have caretaking obligations with ill or aging family members. They have physical handicaps that would interfere with sitting for long periods or they have difficulty hearing.

I would say citizens who are not at all eager to be on juries, just as those who are OVERLY eager to be on juries, may not be the best people to have deciding your case.

Yeah... I myself would probably be reluctant to be chosen for a jury on a case like this. I'd probably be eliminated anyway, for perceived bias.

Having said that, I can't imagine all the hoops the defense will be jumping through in somehow trying to exonerate Chauvin from a murder that was captured by probably half a dozen videos.

I've already seen some of the defense strategies being pulled out of the woodwork.

"Oh... it wasn't Chauvin that killed him. It was the cocktail of drugs Floyd had in his system coupled with his existing medical conditions."

Apparently the "resisting arrest" excuse strategy isn't gonna fly, what with Floyd being handcuffed behind his back and being dragged out of the patrol car onto the street face down and all that.

I caught enough of the opening statements to watch the defense attorney claim Chauvin had only done what he had been "trained to do."

Oops...

Ehhhh... that one could backfire, dude.

Now you're throwing the whole department under the bus.

Unfortunately, I stand by my predictions. Something, somehow, somewhere... is going to fuck up the proceedings and Chauvin will get off easier than he should... and the racial divide will widen even further.

Any wider, and not even binoculars are going to help people see the other side.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Yeah... I myself would probably be reluctant to be chosen for a jury on a case like this. I'd probably be eliminated anyway, for perceived bias.

Having said that, I can't imagine all the hoops the defense will be jumping through in somehow trying to exonerate Chauvin from a murder that was captured by probably half a dozen videos.

I've already seen some of the defense strategies being pulled out of the woodwork.

"Oh... it wasn't Chauvin that killed him. It was the cocktail of drugs Floyd had in his system coupled with his existing medical conditions."

Apparently the "resisting arrest" excuse strategy isn't gonna fly, what with Floyd being handcuffed behind his back and being dragged out of the patrol car onto the street face down and all that.

I caught enough of the opening statements to watch the defense attorney claim Chauvin had only done what he had been "trained to do."

Oops...

Ehhhh... that one could backfire, dude.

Now you're throwing the whole department under the bus.

Unfortunately, I stand by my predictions. Something, somehow, somewhere... is going to fuck up the proceedings and Chauvin will get off easier than he should... and the racial divide will widen even further.

Any wider, and not even binoculars are going to help people see the other side.
    I agree I think he's going to get off pretty easy. I can't imagine what the reasoning would be though and how it is going to fly. There could be some pretty bad riots after this decision. It's just straight manslaughter. Right on film. I have never really been a big proponent of the death penalty, but obviously in certain cases like murder, torture, etc... I always wanted that the victim's family mete out the punishment they feel is deserved.
    ..but in this case, if he doesn't get at the very minimum 20 years to life, then it is a travesty of Justice.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My bad if this vid was posted already.

Cop:I will send this dog on you.
    Driver: I will shoot you if you do.

20 seconds later

cop: will you quit yelling, so I can talk to you

Driver: You have a gun pointed at me, I will shoot you and you have no bodycam

1min 45 seconds later, the cop...damn... puts his gun in the holster while the other cop is singing "Please...please..."

cop 1: we can figure this out.
    cop 2: we can talk about this

driver: you pulled a gun on me first, i pulled mines out in response ....I'm just gonna drive away.

and he did.

Cops like these, are people first. Point is- most juries, have similar thinking people thus would see this driver standing up to the system.

Those same jurors will see in George Floyd or anyone black killed-without weapon in hand; What they want to see. They didnt respect the law, should have obeyed or they would still be alive
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 03-30-2021 at 12:41 PM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got home earlier than expected and caught some of the testimony. Said it at the time and believe it even more now, that coward intentionally killed the man. Hearing the complete audio in conjunction with the vid of Chauvin looking right into the camera at the small group of bystanders, clearly adjusting his backfoot over and over for leverage and screwing the knee in. He took the small crowd of vocal witnesses personal and killed him point blank. There ain't no mystery in this one it's all there. All they're doing now is trying to tear down the bystanders credibility.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lawyers will do what lawyers will do.

I could never understand a lawyer taking a case that he or she knows is definitely riddled with bullshit. Just for the money or just to fulfill the constitutional obligation that everybody is entitled to an attorney to represent them in court.

You can't get any better evidence than the video tape.

He knew that the victim was dying as well as bystanders said you are killing him man you are killing him man he's going to die.

George may have fucked Chauvin's wife up the ass and given her multiple orgasms -- it's the only thing that I can possibly imagine that would cause so much hatred and so much malice on the part of the officer.

If he doesn't get 20 years to life at the bare minimum there are going to be some really really terrible uprisings all across the country.

The death penalty is appropriate like 50/50 in my opinion.

Let George's family mete it out

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

did tony timpa get a thread?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Make one?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't watched much of the trial... but from what I can gather from the news... these are some of the defense arguments presented so far, and sure to be expanded upon after the prosecution rests its case:

1. Floyd died from pre-existing health conditions.
    2. The knee wasn't on the neck the whole time. Sometimes is was on the shoulder.
    3. It was the bystanders who agitated and confused Chauvin, resulting in Floyd's death.
    4. Floyd initially resisted in the squad car.
    5. Floyd's a big, black man and was sort of scary looking.
    6. Chauvin was only doing what he was trained to do in however many fucking years he had been on the force.
    7. It was the drugs. Floyd had drug use issues.

I gotta say... somehow, I'm not impressed.

Let's see what the defense pulls out of its ass in the coming days.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oops... my bad. The defense did have another excuse strategy up its sleeve. Damn... you couldn't pay me enough to be a defense lawyer.

8. The prone position is not risky to a person's health.

https://apnews.com/article/trials-us...87262ad6ea8e34

This one is also pretty piss poor and should be easily swatted down by the prosecution, in a trial that by now has been predictably reduced to the defense lawyers grasping at straws.

How much longer will this charade go on?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will recent events of the cop who could not tell the difference between a taser and a gun impact on the case?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information