Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: George Floyd murdered by cops

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I don’t think many will deny there are racial problems in the US. There is plenty of room for improvement in many systems here. Having said that 19 unarmed white people were shot by the cops last year, 9 blacks. I can’t think of anyone who defended the actions of psycho cop and his crew. There is something odd going on though. A week ago it was unpatriotic to go outside and risk spreading the virus according to the NYT. Now they are singing a different tune. Something beyond the norm is up. We should all just shut up and smoke our legal weed
    Then you have Beanz saying why doesn't Trump say black lives matter? They want it to be racial. I happen to think all lives matter and like you point out it goes under the radar when it is particular groups. Same in the UK. Beanz is obsessed with Nazi's, but you have 19000 kids a year raped by gangs of minorities and you are a problem if you speak out and say this is way out of proportion considering the demographics of these groups. Surely people can see that when a minority group carries out the majority of violent crime, then you cannot plead racism indefinitely. There comes a point when a group has to say 'We have a problem and we are part of the problem too'.

All this race, race, race, and blame Trump. What has Trump got to do with it?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just for perspective.
    In 2019, there were 41 unarmed people that were shot by the police. Only 9 were black, 19 were white. That is according to the Washington Post. The majority of all people shot by police in the US are white.
    If you think that only people of color are subjected to the thrill and excitement of no knock raids that hit the wrong address, you are delusional. This technique was developed by cops to take advantage of asset forfeiture laws; a little research will reveal how many affluent white folks have lost their lives in this manner. Cops are greedy and sometimes not so smart.
    If you think that, should Denilson and I hit the West Valley Detention Center at the same time, my experience will be more pleasant than his, that the sheriff's would treat me better, you are clueless.
    We do have a police issue in this country; a bunch of bullies have basically been given privileged person status to do as they please. And they take full advantage of it. I'm not getting my information from propaganda pamphlets trying to manipulate your emotions and make you believe their version of truth.
    I was in my yard one day, watching the cop parked across the street; he parked there for hours every day to watch me. I heard several gunshots from a few blocks away. After a minute the cop said over his PA "We just shot so and so (a friend of mine)and you're next." They treat everybody the same.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I don’t think many will deny there are racial problems in the US. There is plenty of room for improvement in many systems here. Having said that 19 unarmed white people were shot by the cops last year, 9 blacks. I can’t think of anyone who defended the actions of psycho cop and his crew. There is something odd going on though. A week ago it was unpatriotic to go outside and risk spreading the virus according to the NYT. Now they are singing a different tune. Something beyond the norm is up. We should all just shut up and smoke our legal weed
    Then you have Beanz saying why doesn't Trump say black lives matter? They want it to be racial. I happen to think all lives matter and like you point out it goes under the radar when it is particular groups. Same in the UK. Beanz is obsessed with Nazi's, but you have 19000 kids a year raped by gangs of minorities and you are a problem if you speak out and say this is way out of proportion considering the demographics of these groups. Surely people can see that when a minority group carries out the majority of violent crime, then you cannot plead racism indefinitely. There comes a point when a group has to say 'We have a problem and we are part of the problem too'.

All this race, race, race, and blame Trump. What has Trump got to do with it?
    BLM started with good ideas but it’s become hijacked. I love to see protests, stand up for your rights. Get rid of dirty scumbag cops. For those of you who don’t know Minnesota has been run by liberals, shit they voted Al Franken as senator. So is this an evil conservative thing? Why hasn’t the local government cleaned up the police force? That is what I mean by plenty of blame to go around.
    Last edited by walrus; 06-03-2020 at 03:14 AM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    Just for perspective.
    In 2019, there were 41 unarmed people that were shot by the police. Only 9 were black, 19 were white. That is according to the Washington Post. The majority of all people shot by police in the US are white.
    If you think that only people of color are subjected to the thrill and excitement of no knock raids that hit the wrong address, you are delusional. This technique was developed by cops to take advantage of asset forfeiture laws; a little research will reveal how many affluent white folks have lost their lives in this manner. Cops are greedy and sometimes not so smart.
    If you think that, should Denilson and I hit the West Valley Detention Center at the same time, my experience will be more pleasant than his, that the sheriff's would treat me better, you are clueless.
    We do have a police issue in this country; a bunch of bullies have basically been given privileged person status to do as they please. And they take full advantage of it. I'm not getting my information from propaganda pamphlets trying to manipulate your emotions and make you believe their version of truth.
    I was in my yard one day, watching the cop parked across the street; he parked there for hours every day to watch me. I heard several gunshots from a few blocks away. After a minute the cop said over his PA "We just shot so and so (a friend of mine)and you're next." They treat everybody the same.
    Well said.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@greynotsoold this is only meant for you:

you say.....

9 black, 19 white

But The White, non-Hispanic/Latino population makes up 61.3% of the nation's total

and the Black pop makes up an only 12.7% of the population.

There are 5 times more whites in America than Blacks.

So if 9 blacks were shot, you'd expect roughly 5 times that number of whites to be shot, about 45. Yet only 19 were shot.

Therefore FAR MORE BLACKS ARE SHOT IN TERMS OF THEIR SLICE OF THE POPULATION.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You probably lost Gandalf on that one, NotSaving. He only likes skewed numbers that falsely support his point.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

you say.....

9 black, 19 white

But The White, non-Hispanic/Latino population makes up 61.3% of the nation's total

So if 9 blacks were shot, you'd expect roughly 5 times that number of whites to be shot, about 45. Yet only 19 were shot.

Black people do carry out the majority of all violent crime despite being 16% of the populace too. Where is the rioting when they are shooting each other down in Chicago daily? Why not riot over other cases? Why not because of those other whites? Those other blacks? The timing is what matters and it is being used politically.

Corona + Riots in an election year where the opponent has Alzheimer's? Are you kidding me? A wrong carried out by an individual does not merit burning down a city. That is terrorism.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    You probably lost Gandalf on that one, NotSaving. He only likes skewed numbers that falsely support his point.
    No, because Brock is skewing the numbers there by basing it on population which is a misnomer. Less white people are involved in violent crime than black people by a very significant degree. Thus you cannot use population as a metric. You have to use those involved in the violent crime as a metric instead and by doing that then you see there is no mass agenda against blacks. How do you explain police brutality against whites if it is all racism? It isn't, it is typically just heavy handed police behavior against whoever is in their sight. You are on this racist crusade, but you have not provided any evidence that this was because of racism and furthermore the guy died from a heart attack while high. He was treated badly, but there is likely more to it than just 'racism' and that is why we have a trial.

The response has been hysterical and I don't mean 'funny'. The way it is being orchestrated makes me very curious considering the last 4 years and how every trick has been tried and now it has ended up with the torching of cities. It is a very strange response and I am not sure what they are hoping to get beyond a free TV. I mean Trump has been more than fair with his comments about the tragic situation.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perhaps I shouldn’t brought up any numbers. I was just pointing out innocent whites have and do get killed at the hands of police. That was not meant to justify anything just making a point. I think racial profiling goes on, I think there are racist cops. I think their is a lot inequality in the US and the world at large, certainly race is part of that but in all honesty I think the bigger inequality is class. Race is good to use to distract from that. One of the founders of BLM has spoken of such things and how BLM was politically manipulated to go after the right. Do you think a rich black guy deals with the bullshit those living high crime areas deal with? Do you think the white guy living in a trailer park getting his SSDI checks is covered in privilege. Yes there are problems. I know police abuse exists I’ve experienced it and statistically a minority is more likely to experience it.

I still say these riots are not a proper way to deal with this. They are making the issue worse. There are plenty of good cops, when I was 8 I got hit by a car and cop performed cpr on me until the medics arrived. I tend to get negative on cops but I need to look at the whole picture.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Meanwhile, people continue to die including this man who did not need to die at the hands of domestic terrorists on a looting spree.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...rdered-looters

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Meanwhile, people continue to die including this man who did not need to die at the hands of domestic terrorists on a looting spree.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...rdered-looters
    And this is why it’s very difficult to watch the news right now. Still people in the media find ways to justify or even praise the riots. I understand why people get conspiracy ideas from these things. Sad shit to see, as an American it saddens me. The fact that some take joy in this astounds me. When it does end who do you think will suffer more so than most. It’s not the news reporters praising it or the politicians supporting it I know that. If you are struggling in the US now this will only compound it. It will add more to the role certainly. Do you think the decent cops are going to be rushing to calls in tough neighborhoods? Some groups involved in this actually have a defund the police platform. So who do they want providing law and order? Social workers. In actuality it will be those roving gangs. I hope many of you in the US don’t need to call 911 for a sick family member, you may be waiting a while. One dudes death is terrible, responding to that with more death and destruction IMHO is counterproductive.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Speaking of cops I wanted to relate briefly something I experienced. I saw a terrible accident on a major highway in my state. One of the drivers involved was pinned in his car as it was on fire. Several cars including myself were behind the accident so we pulled over not only due to the pile up but to see if we could help. Fortunately a state trooper was in that group of cars. He had a couple small fire extinguishers at the time I had one small one in my car I gave him. He kept trying to put out the fire in the car of the guy who was trapped but the extinguishers were not big enough the flames would die down and kick back up. The pinned guy was actually begging for the cop to shoot him. He was pinned as I said and the flames were burning him. The cop got 18 wheelers with extinguishers to pull over and give him extinguishers. I saw tears coming from the troopers eyes but he was in high gear doing everything he could. It seemed like a long time before the fire department arrived, they had the jaws of life and proper extinguishers to save the guy. A few of us who witnessed the accident gave statements and went on our way.

Shit like that you don’t forget. Yeah there are asshole cops but many deal with situations like that frequently and thank god they do.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

you say.....

9 black, 19 white

Crime rates and the number of crimes committed by African American males is also disproportionately higher. And if you are involved in crime you have more police contact and the more police contact that you have the greater the chances of that contact turning violent.
    I saw something this morning, that a cop is twenty something times more likely to be shot by a black man than vice versa. Whether or not that is true, I don't know, but it makes the situation very interesting, if cops believe it.
    Because that would mean that, in situations involving a cop and a black man, there is a good chance that each party believes that the other guy is out to kill him. Volatile situation.
    Years ago I was sitting around with my uncle and one of the other older guys from the neighborhood and this dingbat junkie girl started on about how the police were arresting people then killing them and dumping the bodies, which was not true. The guy, and he was murdered about 4 years ago, told her to shut up.
    He explained that it was understood that criminals run from cops and that cops use violence against criminals; that was part of the game. But if the cops started killing people like that, then he said that the convicts would start hunting cops in the streets and that there was no way the police could win. He told her to stop telling stories because you never know who will believe it or what it will lead to.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You couldn't make this up. A week ago anyone going outside is a selfish horrible cunt, killing grandma and grandpop. This week you're a hero for #BLM. Every white person there, vast majority, will bend the knee. Fact. Hilarious.

Last edited by Fenster; 06-03-2020 at 02:29 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    You couldn't make this up. A week ago anyone going outside is a selfish horrible cunt, killing grandma and grandpop. This week you're a hero for #BLM. Every white person there, vast majority, will bend the knee. Fact. Hilarious.

Fenald a couple weeks ago radical trump supporters were bastardized for holding signs protesting the lock down.

Thread Information