Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Verdict has been reached, will be read in around 30 mins... Didn't take too long.
    I would guess guilty if it’s that quick
    You are correct, guilty of everything.
    Ya, not surprising, just wanted the court to do its thing. Tbh it’s unfortunate we are probably going to see this again as there are some very valid reasons for appeal, those words aren’t from my mouth, they are from the judges mouth.
    Far as yesterday I don't see anything coming on the Waters front. A politician with a big mouth who doesn't know when to shut up. She's a dope, has been all along. But if anything a shifty defense lawyer would have made a case when they seated the juror who said they were "afraid" of the BLM stuff. Hmm so afraid you cannot make an independent decision .
    Maybe not. Just the judge bringing it up I think gives it weight. Can’t say for sure of course not a lawyer. Now what is this dude facing time wise? I know I stirred up some doo doo saying I wanted the jury to decide. I said long back in the thread the dude looked guilty by his actions but I don’t feel comfortable declaring guilt by media story these days. Just my take on things.
    Yeh it's literally all in his hands within sentencing guidelines. I think this is a case of the actuality and literal factual video-audio almost making any traditional media stir up, right left, an afterthought. We see that more and more now with literal eye witnesses on live stream and vid by the dozen. These old school networks go chasing them as a reactor. The rhetoric and network productions surrounding many of these recent incidents and shootings is proving to be very careless and pre judged. They literally have to be and are case by case if people can take their narrative blinders off and take a long hard look and listen to what the facts are whether one agrees or not.

With all the deserved flak social media gets (as well as smartphones, selfies, etc.).... one positive aspect is the immediate and unmistakable evidence that is now readily available in cases where in the past, abusing cops would've gotten off scot-free based on their own little protective society. It's called ACCOUNTABILITY. Body cams were a step in the right direction... but too often they can be "oops" turned off or mysteriously defective at the time of the transgression. Either that or not offer a good enough vantage point.

So hooray for all those millions of paparazzi wannabes.

As well as all the videos of actual crimes like the George Floyd video all of the hundreds of videos of police battering protestors last summer turned millions of suburban Americans into social justice warriors and entirely changed public opinion on these kind of issues. The team of people who invented the iPhone have done more for racial justice than anybody since MLK.

And how do Republicans respond to this?

https://sports.yahoo.com/gop-pushes-...l?guccounter=1

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/21/u...test-laws.html

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...publicans.html

There were half a dozen examples of people so furious with the protests last summer that they drove their car deliberately through crowds of protestors. People were killed. It's a fucking Isis terrorist tactic. Now with these new bills you can do it and not even face charges.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: George Floyd murdered by cops

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    @Master it’s not always a unanimous decision required it’s not always even 12 jurors. It can vary by state but 12 and unanimous is the standard. The bar was meant to be set high. I think it was James Madison who said “I’d rather see 10 guilty men go free than one innocent man go to jail” that is paraphrased and I’m not sure it was Madison, too lazy to look it up right now. One can also request just a judge hear the case and make a decision. In this case think of the jurors position. Let’s just say they consider a not guilty verdict. They live in the area and aware that shit will burn if they don’t convict. Mind you I’m not saying the dude is innocent. I wasn’t at the trial. I don’t think Maxine waters comments were helpful to the case, it is grounds for a possible appeal.

The Supreme Court have ruled that in cases involving serious crimes that the verdict has to be unanimous. This applies to every case in America, all federal and state cases. Every state.
    Look a little deeper. What Is your definition of “serious crime” I’m just saying some cases differ. There are differences in the way cases are handled, or are you just terrified of being wrong again and need to cover. My point was it’s not always unanimous and it’s not always 12 wasn’t mentioning the crime.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the constitutional guarantee of trial by jury requires a unanimous verdict for serious crimes, siding with a Louisiana man convicted of murder and paving the way for potentially hundreds of defendants found guilty by divided juries to receive new trials.

Only two of the 50 states, Louisiana and Oregon, have permitted non-unanimous verdicts. Writing for the court in the 6-3 ruling, conservative Justice Neil Gorsuch noted that the non-unanimous verdict requirement in both states traced back to past racist policies intended to reduce the power of non-white jurors to influence the outcome of trials...................

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2221YS

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Verdict has been reached, will be read in around 30 mins... Didn't take too long.
    Ya, not surprising, just wanted the court to do its thing. Tbh it’s unfortunate we are probably going to see this again as there are some very valid reasons for appeal, those words aren’t from my mouth, they are from the judges mouth.
    Far as yesterday I don't see anything coming on the Waters front. A politician with a big mouth who doesn't know when to shut up. She's a dope, has been all along. But if anything a shifty defense lawyer would have made a case when they seated the juror who said they were "afraid" of the BLM stuff. Hmm so afraid you cannot make an independent decision .
    Maybe not. Just the judge bringing it up I think gives it weight. Can’t say for sure of course not a lawyer. Now what is this dude facing time wise? I know I stirred up some doo doo saying I wanted the jury to decide. I said long back in the thread the dude looked guilty by his actions but I don’t feel comfortable declaring guilt by media story these days. Just my take on things.

This is where you could benefit by getting some of your information from.........twitter. There are dozens of appelate lawyers on there and there's basically unanimous agreement that there's no chance of a successful appeal. Long story short, if there's either video evidence of the crime or the trial itslef was filmed or there's overwhelming evidence of the crime then forget a successful appeal. In this case you've got all three. It's doubtful that an appelate court will even hear it past watching the video.

An example from twitter of somebody who knows what they're talking about:

https://twitter.com/ryanlocke/status...24207062093828

This is all academic anyway as Chauvin will get shanked in prison sooner rather than later. And I would expect his family to start taking casualties even before somebody manages to get to Chauvin.
    FYI he will in PC in prison. Most high profile cases are. Of course I’ve worked in US prisons you probably know better

It's amazing how many personal responsibility anti big government free market private enterprise pull yourself up by your bootstrap conservatives work for the government.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is where you could benefit by getting some of your information from.........twitter. There are dozens of appelate lawyers on there and there's basically unanimous agreement that there's no chance of a successful appeal. Long story short, if there's either video evidence of the crime or the trial itslef was filmed or there's overwhelming evidence of the crime then forget a successful appeal. In this case you've got all three. It's doubtful that an appelate court will even hear it past watching the video.

An example from twitter of somebody who knows what they're talking about:

https://twitter.com/ryanlocke/status...24207062093828

This is all academic anyway as Chauvin will get shanked in prison sooner rather than later. And I would expect his family to start taking casualties even before somebody manages to get to Chauvin.
    I don’t like Twitter due to its censorship and algorithm feeding people news they only agree with. Very divisive. It leads to people being close minded like yourself. The judge has leeway in sentencing. I find too much reporting too biased. But l live here and hear it everyday. Probably different for people who rely on twatter everyday feeding there own bias and making them feel secure and right 100% of the time.

Yes, getting your information directly from dozens of actual experts who work doing the stuff being discussed every day of their professional lives is obviously going to mean you end up with a whole bunch of biased, incorrect information. That's why I'm always wrong about everything. Getting your news from Fox News and talk radio idiots is far superior as you demonstrate on a regular basis.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power