Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Stocks

Damn about a year and a half, maybe two years ago I bought a (new to me) used car. I ended up renting a car and driving to another state to buy one as it was several thousand difference in price. While I was car shopping I checked out carvana, the online car dealership. You pick the car out online, review all the pictures and specs, they deliver and you have a certain number of days to drive the car around and if you don’t like it you can return it. Anyway I thought it was a cool idea, there were a lot of fees added on during the process so I didn’t end up purchasing anything from them but I never forgot the idea. I said to my wife, “we should buy stock in this company.” I think it was trading around 12 bucks at the time. I looked at the financials and the ratings at the time and they were generally pretty bad. So we passed, it’s not like you can buy every stock you want. Anyway I just saw on the financial channel the stock is around 235 bucks a share. It has a 52 week low of 22 dollars a share so most of those gains are in the last year. A COVID friendly stock if you will. Had I bought it back then it obviously would have worked out well.

I also screwed up on peloton. That company that sells workout equipment and everyone is working out online. My wife bought some shares. I got a little mad (showed her the fundamentals they were losing 20 cents a share) suggested she sell some ASAP. Well she sold most at a profit but now. Because of covid, the stock just keeps pumping. She held on to a few shares. Mind you this is just a side hustle we are into. We just play around with it no earth shattering amounts are flowing through our accounts.

Individual stocks are risky anyway. I had a talk with someone recently. Someone much more into the market than I. He has been nailing it, especially on down days. He moves quick and often. But this dude did it professionally for a number of years and now just does it on his own. He was saying it’s hard to really enjoy market gains with so much suffering going on. It really is. The financial impact of Covid, the shutdown, the fear, it really is hurting many more millions than the disease itself is. That’s not a political statement just a fact.

So anyway just one of those things. I babbled on a bit but really I was just thinking about carvana. I think that’s another thing that makes the market fun, all the what if’s.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now Disney lays off 28,000 and the airlines another 30,000.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great market down over 400 in pre hours, I’m not mentioning stocks again jinxed myself

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing I can tell you is here is what matters to crypto: Bitcoin prices have been let's say ~buoyed~ this year as investors bet that trillions of dollars of government and central bank spending around the world in response to the coronavirus-induced economic slowdown will inevitably result in inflation, and therefore be positive for the cryptocurrency.

As such, if a stimulus deal is reached, BTC may rise further.

Where the fuck is the $2,400 BTW, BTC? repukers better agree to $2 trill or BTC may take a hit, the likes of which have never, ever been seen before.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t know how many years I have had bitcoin but it’s very hard to track its performance tied to the economy at large or the market itself. It often seems to have its own mind. I’m not even sure of its price now, I think it’s around 11,400 a coin but don’t quote me on that. It is a very bad investment, I hold it because of the anti federal reserve independent thing. The whole concept still interests me I just let it ride.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bitcoin is at 11,745 dollars per coin. Well short of it’s high of course but damn not even ten years ago they were less that 1 cent per coin. Crazy to think about. First time I checked it price in months. I actually told bffbeaner about a coin, different coin when it was 2cents a share. Shortly after it went up to .75 cents a coin. Looks like it’s around 8 cents now. Wouldn’t make you rich unless you dropped a shitload on it but at least if buddybeaner did end up buying it he wouldn’t have lost it all and been cursing me, well he curses me anyway but you know what I mean.
    Last edited by walrus; 10-20-2020 at 02:27 AM.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok wtf now bitcoin is 12,340 per coin. I haven’t even been thinking about it, it gets mentioned and now it is doing a bull run

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shit now bitcoin is 12,863 dollars we call this mooning certainly lambos n shitz are in my near future it obviously isn’t going to stop

Ha!

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way this can go tits up this time

Ha!

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stonks and bitcoin only go up

Ha!

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bitcoin about to break 13,000. Wtf this idiot Brocktonballbuster mentions it and it moves up 2k? That is screwed up.

Ha?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok bitcoin at 13,500. Wtf. It ran up to over 13,700 first time since 2018. Wtf is going on. Should we all sell our bitcoin and buy back at the crash?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One bitcoin now 15,300. Wtf that’s a 4K+ move since broctonballbuster mentioned it. Is Brockton a bitcoin whale manipulating the price

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I been devising an alogorhythm using the GMMA comboned with a great indicator INHO called the RSI, which removes the lagging aspects of the Guppy Moving Average Method, if youre doing spot or arbitrage. Next trade I'm using GOLDEN CROSS: let me break down the GMMA for amateurs here:
    BREAKING DOWN ‘GUPPY MULTIPLE MOVING AVERAGE – GMMA’
    The relationship between the two sets of moving averages is used by traders to determine if the outlook of short-term traders aligns with investors who have a longer-term outlook. I often use the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (or MACD) which is a trend-following indicator but not for long-term movements.
    I have been successfully identifying Changing trends when the two groups of moving averages intersect. A bullish trend is present when the short-term moving averages are above the long-term averages. Conversely, a bearish trend occurs when the short-term averages are below the long-term averages.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry I forgot to illuminate what RSI is: The relative strength index (RSI) is a momentum indicator used in technical analysis that measures the magnitude of recent price changes to evaluate overbought or oversold conditions in the price of a stock or other asset. The RSI is displayed as an oscillator (a line graph that moves between two extremes) and can have a reading from 0 to 100. The indicator was originally developed by J. Welles Wilder Jr. and introduced in his seminal 1978 book, "New Concepts in Technical Trading Systems."

Although "Traditional" interpretation and usage of the RSI are that values of 70 or above (yeah, right 0 indicate that a security is becoming overbought or overvalued, I have been using it in conjunction with the Guppy Method so I can be primed for a trend reversal or corrective pullback in price. An RSI reading of 30 or below indicates an oversold or undervalued condition. But you cant use it in isolation. Unless you have money to burn!

Thread Information