Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rare Full Color HD + Rare Commentary of Roland La Starza vs Rocky Marciano II

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Rare Full Color HD + Rare Commentary of Roland La Starza vs Rocky Marciano II

unfortunately, that video cuts off at Round 7

here is the ending of the fight: not in HD Color and with different narration:

Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 06-03-2020 at 03:53 AM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rare Full Color HD + Rare Commentary of Roland La Starza vs Rocky Marciano II

Never realized Roland La Starza was a Hall Of Famer, here is his induction:

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rare Full Color HD + Rare Commentary of Roland La Starza vs Rocky Marciano II

That was fun watching Rocky commentating on his own fight. I like the fact that he was very self-critical about how poor he was fighting, not landing enough body shots and missing wildly. He said he may have over trained and been stale in the fight. The colour commentary repeats the same 7 rounds.

The black and white version has the commentator saying Rock was winning the majority of the later rounds on the score cards. Rocky was a powerful puncher and that was a great finish against La Starza sending him through the ropes before the referee stopping it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great points there Master. What a humble person he was. He was really criticizing himself. He criticized the distance that he was fighting from then he also criticized his speed. He said that Roland lastarza was always two steps ahead of him. He realized he was missing a lot of punches and he said he was stale. There is no surviving video of their first encounter in which Roland lastarza may indeed have won. What strikes you is the humility of the commentary. Remarks like "what's wrong with me?" and "I better get in there", are just so personal and amazing to hear.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You a fan of Marciano’s are you? We used to have another guy on here that was a fan of Marciano’s, but he was a bit of a twat, nothing like you!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just noticing the array of cameras actually in the ring. Wonder when that began to go away.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think those cameras were in the ring like that until about the mid-1960s I didn't see that kind of a camera array anymore after about 1967 or 1968. Whatever that guy primo carnera is talking about all I can say is people are different just because two people like the same boxer doesn't mean they have the same personalities

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

rocko is overrated, liston scared him into retirement
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    I think those cameras were in the ring like that until about the mid-1960s I didn't see that kind of a camera array anymore after about 1967 or 1968. Whatever that guy primo carnera is talking about all I can say is people are different just because two people like the same boxer doesn't mean they have the same personalities
    Well that’s exactly what I said ! I said you both like Marciano, but he was a bit of a twat, whereas you’re not. In my book , that’s a compliment. Maybe it was lost in translation and you never quite understood, because if I recall is French your main language? Or have I got that wrong. Maybe I’m the one who’s confused??
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh compliment was definitely well taken! I was just saying like some for example Tyson fans are like Tyson but other Tyson fans are more gentle in nature. It's weird how they BOTH would admire him, with only one of them with a similar disposition. Well tbh Farsi is my first language and English second. French, not so much.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great points there Master. What a humble person he was. He was really criticizing himself. He criticized the distance that he was fighting from then he also criticized his speed. He said that Roland lastarza was always two steps ahead of him. He realized he was missing a lot of punches and he said he was stale. There is no surviving video of their first encounter in which Roland lastarza may indeed have won. What strikes you is the humility of the commentary. Remarks like "what's wrong with me?" and "I better get in there", are just so personal and amazing to hear.
    Praised the outgoing Joe Louis as well as the incoming Cassius Clay. Interesting how one of the toughest hombres showed humility and respect to all his opponents. He must be able to turn off and on the mean streak one needs to have in order to throw volley shots of death like Rock did!
    Great video as always!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@SlimTrae this video has JUST BECOME AVAILABLE. I mean literally JUST discovered April 2020.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys may really like this short clip.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For all you connoisseura out there, here is a very rare High Definition film shot from ringside by a private photographer, with The Champ narrating again. Little did anyone know this would be the final 2 and a half rounds of his career. This angle has hardly ever been seen. And wow, very very clear, better than most broadcasts officially shown.

Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 06-04-2020 at 05:54 AM.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For all you connoisseura out there, here is a very rare High Definition film shot from ringside by a private photographer, with The Champ narrating again. Little did anyone know this would be the final 2 and a half rounds of his career. This angle has hardly ever been seen. And wow, very very clear, better than most broadcasts officially shown.

Rocky sure knew how to get low, underneath those shots. Seem like his head was almost -by the belt line of Moore-wonder if modern day refs would call him out for it. The KD itself came across as a workman like stoppage. just forward march, forcing Moore backwards.

That previous video with all the champs is a gem as well.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information