196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao v Terence Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    If it happens, Crawford actually is in a lose-lose scenario. Pac has done far too much for far too long for this to be seen as anything other than a swan-fight.
    Crawford stops him? Pac is old- Would I buy that? Hell yes- I would even sell it myself!

If Pac goes the distance- but loses, Crawford can be depicted as fizzled, not flame. Young fighter with no fire to match Pac's. He had to go the distance with a 40+ year old fighter JMM stopped?

Only way I can see Bud getting any respect- is if Pac is on fire that night, moving, sticking, but figured out every other round...and if he wins a fire fight where Pac looks good- then we can say- Just imagine if Pac had fought him 3,4 years ago- Oh he would've stopped Bud!

Not sure who could fight Pac & win, that I would give them the credit for beating the Filipino Dream Fighter.

I digress, I would watch it though!
    I disagree. I think beating Pacquiao (especially if he easily wins) boosts him big time with casual fans. That in turn will make him an even bigger draw. And knowledgeable fans know at least that Pacquiao is still a solid fighter and it would be a good win. If Crawford struggles but still wins then it probably looks a little worse.
    Yeah, I gotcha- casual fans!!!
    and if he wins as u say--- and struggles in the process? Powerpuncher is gonna detail it- round by round! he aint gonna miss sh#@!t!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unreal..Crawford is 32 and needs big fights now..sick of this guy not fighting anyone.

https://www.boxingscene.com/terence-...orever--149592

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two fights ago I had hoped Pacquiao would retire for good before 40. Watching him against Thurman, taking a couple of big shots, wow! I don’t think that anymore. I’ve seen him working on his power in training and he looks like he’s matured into weight. Who ever he fights next I’m all in.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arum hopeful over Crawford v Pacquiao showdown

Promoter Bob Arum has revealed a fight between Terence Crawford and Manny Pacquiao could still be on the cards, potentially before the end of 2020.

A bout between the two has long been talked about but has failed to materialise, though Top Rank boss Arum has raised hopes over what would be a lucrative showdown.

WBO welterweight champion Crawford plans to be in action before the end of the year after twice defending his title in 2019, recording stoppage victories over Amir Khan and Egidijus Kavaliauskas.

A unification clash with Pacquiao, who holds the WBA 'Super' title, is a possibility, albeit "nothing is concrete" as negotiations continue amid the coronavirus pandemic.

"The Pacquiao fight, obviously we'd like to do it," Arum – who promotes Crawford – told BoxingScene.com.

"Whether we can do it, how we can do it, that's what we're figuring out now.

"Obviously, if it can happen it'll happen, and if it can't happen, it won't happen. But nothing is concrete on that. We hope we can do it. We're trying, but this is not a usual situation."

Whether it is Pacquiao next remains to be seen, but Crawford has been told to be ready for action in November.

Kell Brook, the former IBF champion, has also been rumoured as a potential option for 'Bud', who boasts an unblemished 36-fight record in the paid ranks.

"We told Terence that he's scheduled to fight in November," Arum added.

"If it can't be Pacquiao for various reasons, then we'll match him with somebody else. But we told Terence to prepare for mid-November, whether it's November 14 or 21."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/aru...163831301.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is just a fight that needs to happen so that Crawford can get a big name on his record. Then if Spence can get it done against Garcia, it will be a huge showdown.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Manny Pacquiao could face Terence Crawford in Bahrain this year, says Bob Arum

Manny Pacquiao is in “serious talks” over a title fight with undefeated WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford, according to Bob Arum.

Pacquiao, 41, currently holds the WBA super welterweight title after defeating Keith Thurman last year.

Crawford meanwhile beat Egidijus Kavaliauskas last time out and has held the WBO strap since stepping up in weight and stopping Jeff Horn in 2018.

Speaking to iFL TV Arum said: “We hope to get [Terence] Crawford and [Manny] Pacquiao in action this year through our friends at MTK.

“We're in serious talks with Bahrain, doing major fights there.”

Talking about the prospect of heading to Bahrain for the fight, Arum added: “Well, let's see what happens. Everybody wants to do these events until the time comes to put up the money.

“But I think with Bahrain we have a good shot to get it done.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/man...092900393.html
    I'll believe this fight will happen only when it's signed.

Arum is being economical with the truth as regards any meaningful "discussions" having taken place about moving this fight forward. After what Arum did to Manny in his fight with Horn in Australia I have my doubts that Manny will want to deal with Arum again.

Why didn't Crawford fight Pacquiao, when they were both signed to Top Stank? Had that happened before Pacquiao's "so-called" lost to Jeff Horn, Crawford would've had way more leverage in the game. Also Manny could make just as much money fighting Mikey Garcia in Dallas or Amir Khan in Saudi Arabia. No one would fault him for either fight because he's 41.

Spence is fighting the Top WWs at PBC. Bud is fighting the Top WWs at Top Rank. Hopefully the money for the fight gets big enough that PBC, TR, FOX/SHO, and ESPN, can all make money, just like Fury vs. Wilder, and May vs. Pac.

Even though I do think Manny and his fans are on a false high over the Thurman fight. The fact is, out of his prime he still beat the most accomplished welterweight in Thurman, that is saying a lot but he still took quite a good deal of damage in that fight

He should've retired after that, he's got nothing else to prove and Manny even at 41 is still better than anything Crawford has ever seen in the ring. He will get to Crawford at some point and do some damage. Crawford likes to mix it up when tagged and he will be right in Pac's wheel house.

Crawford isn't Mayweather. So I don't see him killing Manny. I don't see Bud doing to Pac-man what Pac-Man did Oscar, that is another greedy old boxer getting embarrassed just like all the greedy old boxers before him. I see it more like a Joshua - Wlad fight. There is nothing in it for Crawford beating this fella who should stick to Senating while his brain is still functioning. I seriously think beating a Thurman with ring rust was Manny's last big hurrah.

Should the fight happen This will be the end of a legendary career. I fear for Pacquiao’s long term health but maybe this is the only way he will quit.

Sometimes people (Yeah you Freddie) have to save the fighter from himself.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 08-01-2020 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terence Crawford vs Kell Brook ‘talks underway’ for November showdown, Manny Pacquiao fight remains first choice

Bob Arum has revealed that talks have started for a potential fight between Terence Crawford and Kell Brook in November.

WBO welterweight champion Crawford is rated as one of the top boxers in the world pound-for-pound, but is struggling to secure top opposition due to the politics of the sport.

With top target Errol Spence facing Danny Garcia next, Crawford’s turned his attention to a Manny Pacquiao bout overseas.

However, this is appearing unlikely and so alternative options are now being considered for a US fight behind closed doors.

Promoter Arum told iFL TV: “Terence Crawford, we’re trying to put together a fight with Manny Pacquiao, which would be out of the United States.

“Now, if we’re able to do that, that’s the fight I hope to put together.

“But if we’re not able to do that fight and we have to do it in the ‘bubble’, we are looking at having Terence fight Kell Brook.

“I talked to the Brook people today, they know what the situation is and they’ll be back to us.

“They assure me that Brook has lost a lot of weight and is getting into tremendous condition.”

The Sheffield star won the IBF welterweight world title in 2014, but was dethroned by Errol Spence in 2017.

Since then, Brook has had three bouts all in the weight class above, but is adamant he can get down to 147lbs again.

Arum continued: “I don’t know whether it [the Pacquiao fight] is gonna come to fruition or not come to fruition.

“It’s such conjecture at this point, again, I don’t even have a concrete offer. Nothing at all concrete.

“To do a Crawford vs Brook fight is a lot easier because then it would be a fight that would be in the ‘bubble’ here in Las Vegas.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/7...anny-pacquiao/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

does manny pacquiao remind anyone of alfonso zamora?

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kell?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unbeaten Terence Crawford hoping to fight before year ends

Terence ''Bud'' Crawford is looking for a fight.

The undefeated WBO welterweight champion has never fought less than twice in a calendar year as a professional. He faces the possibility of being idle all of 2020.

Has Crawford, in the prime of his career at 32, gotten antsy?

''Actually, no,'' he said in an interview with The Associated Press. ''I've been using this time for resting my body. I'm getting to spend more time with my kids and am just taking the good with the bad.''

He continues to train every day. Shortly after coming through the door to his Omaha gym, a shouting Crawford asked manager-trainer Brian ''BoMac'' McIntyre for the day's plan and immediately changed into sweat clothes. Crawford has been helping WBO 130-pound champion Jamel Herring and unbeaten 168-pound contender Steven Nelson prepare for fights in Las Vegas this weekend.

''I get in here and work out with the fighters that have fight dates,'' Crawford said. ''Normally, I'm running with them, doing strength and conditioning, sparring.''

Crawford (36-0, 27 KOs) hasn't had a fight since he stopped Egidijus Kavaliauskas in the ninth round at Madison Square Garden on Dec. 14.

Regarded as one of the world's top pound-for-pound fighters and a winner of belts in three divisions, Crawford has long wanted a shot at eight-division champion and current WBA welterweight super title-holder Manny Pacquiao. Top Rank CEO Bob Arum has been unable to make that fight so far.

Negotiations are underway to get Crawford a November date with the Kell Brook (39-2, 27 KOs). Brook is a former IBF welterweight champ who now is the WBO No. 10 at 154 pounds. He would have to come down a weight class to face Crawford.

Meanwhile, Crawford is on the outside looking in as top welterweights handled by Top Rank's rival promoter, Premier Boxing Champions, have been able to fight during the coronavirus pandemic.

Shawn Porter won a unanimous decision against Sebastian Formella on Aug. 23 in a WBC/IBF world title eliminator. WBC/IBF champion Errol Spence Jr. has a Fox pay-per-view fight against Danny Garcia on Nov. 21.

Jamal James won a unanimous decision over Thomas Dulorme to get in line to face Pacquiao or the winner of Sunday's Yordenis Ugas-Abel Ramos bout.

Former unified welterweight champ Keith Thurman, also a PBC fighter and the No. 4 WBC contender, has called on Crawford to be his first opponent after a layoff of more than a year following his loss to Pacquiao.

''It all comes down to money,'' Crawford said of crossing over to face one of the PBC boxers. ''If the money was put up, those fights would be made.''

Purses have taken a hit because of the pandemic, with many venues not yet open to fans. Plus, Arum and PBC founder Al Haymon have had a cold relationship, though media outlets have reported the two are more willing to do business with each other since a federal anti-trust lawsuit brought by Arum was settled in the spring.

Crawford said he can afford to be patient, noting that his best money-making years are still ahead of him.

''I don't feel like I'm about to be 33,'' he said. ''I never drank, never smoked. I took care of my body. Only thing a person can actually say about me is that I ate a lot of sweets. That's it. My body is very preserved.''

As impressive as his record is, Crawford hasn't garnered the respect he believes he's due. Critics say his resume is missing a career-defining fight.

''The only reason they say that is because of how dominant I've been,'' he said.

Crawford rolled off a list of opponents he's beaten: Amir Khan, Viktor Postol, Yuriokis Gamboa, John Molina Jr., Ricky Burns, Raymundo Beltran.

''Ricky Burns, he became champion after (fighting) me. Beltran, he became champion after me. A lot of people discredit those types of fighters,'' Crawford said. ''Then everybody gets their credit for beating those types of fighters. But me, being on the pedestal that I am, they look at me and say, 'Oh, well, those are just steppingstone fights.' ''

Winning a unified championship at 147 would go a long way in accomplishing his long-held goal of going down as one of the sport's all-time greats. He already has been an undisputed light welterweight champion and the WBO lightweight title-holder.

''They'll give me my credit when I retire,'' Crawford said. ''Muhammad Ali, a lot of people didn't like him. He was the villain. A lot of people didn't like Mike Tyson, they just knew he was going to knock somebody out. A lot of people say Mike Tyson didn't fight nobody. A lot of people don't like Floyd Mayweather, but they respect him because of how talented he is.

''So when I look at it, I'm never going to get the just due. Just continue to keep winning. That's it.''

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/unbeaten...7316--box.html

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funny how people view things, if Thurman v Pac man hadn't happens and crawford beat Thurman then it'd be a great victory for crawford... But if he Beats the guy who beat Thurman the crawford just beat up an old git :S... Looks like crawford is just going to be cursed with asterixes, seems harsh the git is good and has proved it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Funny how people view things, if Thurman v Pac man hadn't happens and crawford beat Thurman then it'd be a great victory for crawford... But if he Beats the guy who beat Thurman the crawford just beat up an old git :S... Looks like crawford is just going to be cursed with asterixes, seems harsh the git is good and has proved it.
    Fans can be harsh like that, but maybe it was a case of the ol git beating Thurman who wasn't all he cracked himself up to be. Crawford is one of the most talented fighters going..the thing is it's on him to remove the 'ifs' for fear that it's already becoming a case of the past tense. Woulda coulda shoulda always catches up if a guy sits on the outside looking if for to long. He's a bit stuck. His mandatory is now signed to face division biggest threat in Spence. His number 3 has already been shut out by the same Spence. Sitting in between is one Vergil Ortiz Jr. Either way it's Manny or crossing over with PBC or Oscar to make a big showdown.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Sad but true. Never thought I'd grow old enough to read of retired All-time greats who were once called overhyped when they were active!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Preparing to host the 2022 World Cup, Qatar is now looking to attract big-name boxing.

Promoter Bob Arum has been in talks with Qatari officials about bringing a welterweight unification bout between Manny Pacquiao and Terence Crawford to the energy-rich Gulf nation. The coronavirus pandemic prevented it from taking place this weekend but the Top Rank CEO hopes it goes ahead there next year.

“We had closed the deal,” Arum, who represents Crawford, told The Associated Press. “They were very good people, big government people, and then the minister of health said, ‘I’m not going to approve spectators at the fight.’”

No fans means millions of dollars in lost revenue. Instead Crawford, the undefeated WBO welterweight champion, will fight Kell Brook, the former IBF welterweight title holder, in a lower-profile bout Saturday in Las Vegas.

“If Terence is successful in this fight, I will then go back to them and I believe by March or April, it’ll be an all clear with the vaccine and so forth, and we could put the fight on then,” Arum said in a video call ahead of Saturday's bout. "They were keen to do it and ... we were at the highest level of the government.

“So I’m optimistic that if Terence wins, we can put the fight on and if Terrence doesn’t win and Kell Brook wins, maybe I’ll make Kell Brook with Manny.”

Among the Qatari officials Arum has been talking to is Hassan Al-Thawadi, the chief organizer of the World Cup.

“He’s a big fight fan,” Arum said. “He really is very enthusiastic.”

Bringing a major fight to Qatar could attract the type of scrutiny of worker rights that led to World Cup organizers raising standards and conditions under pressure from human rights activists.

Saudi Arabia last December staged the first-ever heavyweight title fight in the Middle East, with Anthony Joshua's victory over Andy Ruiz Jr. shrouded in controversy over the kingdom's human rights violations.

“Is there repression to some extent in certain countries in the Middle East? Yeah, probably, yes,” Arum said. “But by coming and doing a big international event, we begin to ease that repression. I really believe that ... to change incrementally, the culture.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/qat...152948565.html

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao is just a fighter to the core, isn't he?

He is a bit like Roberto Duran (not inside the ropes). Fighting is all he knows, it's all he has done really. Forget all that politics stuff, that's just a byproduct.

At 41, he is still a formidable opponent. I can't see him stopping fighting anytime soon (like Duran, he doesn't hang on to his money for long).

He has never been frightened of losing, he will fight anybody and - just like Duran - I can see him fighting on and on and on. At least he always turns up in shape.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information