Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao v Terence Crawford

Post Kell Brook fight.

Kell should now hope he gets a home town Khan fight and walk away from the sport.

I understand Crawford wanting the Pac fight for money reasons.

Can we just draw a line under all this bullshit.

After Spence potentially beats Garcia, are we going to see Crawford vs Spence March/April 2021

There is no one else to fight?!!

How will they wiggle out of fighting this time!

Spence vs Crawford could be a trilogy!!

Welterweight Champions:- (147 lbs.)

WBO: Terence Crawford

IBF: Errol Spence Jr.

WBC: Errol Spence Jr.

WBA: Manny Pacquiao*

*Yordenis Ugas is the WBA "regular" champion and Jamal James is the WBA interim welterweight champion

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Career wise, it makes a ton of sense for Crawford to fight Pacquiao because I think he just destroys him. If that is the case, Crawford becomes more marketable. Casual sport fans will know him as the guy who ended Pacquiao’s career essentially. So business wise, it’s the best fight for him. As a fan though, Spence is definitely the more interesting fight.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both Crawford & Spence call out Pac more so than each other. So I hold them equally accountable for their encountering not happening thus far. Excluding the car accident, fight should have been made by now.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Both Crawford & Spence call out Pac more so than each other. So I hold them equally accountable for their encountering not happening thus far. Excluding the car accident, fight should have been made by now.
    True, at least Canelo fought Triple G. These guys have not proved there the best at their own weight. Noticed how hard ESPN were selling Crawford as the best p4p fighter in the division now that Loma lost.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny Pacquiao wants Terence Crawford as next fight in £30m deal as 42-year-old plans for ring comeback

MANNY PACQUIAO wants to challenge Terence Crawford to a fight that would net him £30million.

The Filipino icon has not boxed since July 2019 with his comeback to the ring delayed due the coronavirus pandemic.

But he will waste no time upon his return with easy fights, as he called to fight unbeaten WBO welterweight champion Crawford.

And Pacquiao has already laid out his demands to his former promoter Bob Arum, who currently works with Crawford.

He told Daily Tribune: “I’d like to fight somebody who has a title.

“We told Bob I get $40million (£32m) and Crawford gets $10 million (£7m).

"I will fight anybody. You know me, I don’t back away from any challenge. Bring ’em on.”

SunSport revealed in December that Arum had a deal in place for Crawford to fight Pacquiao in Qatar.

But Covid-19 restrictions forced the mega-money fight to be shelved.

Crawford, 33, instead beat Brit Kell Brook, 34, before the end of the year but Arum is hopeful he could now face Pacquiao, 42, or Shawn Porter, 33.

He said on Fighthype: “Shawn’s father, Kenny, came to see us, and we had preliminary discussions, and let’s see if it can happen.

“There’s also Manny Pacquiao, who has said that he wants to fight Terence Crawford.

"Let’s see if that can happen, but as far as Crawford is concerned, he’s in a good position."

Pacquiao is yet to return having won the WBA welterweight title against Keith Thurman, 32, two years ago.

His inactivity even saw him stripped of the belt, with Cuban Yordenis Ugas, 34, elevated to champion.

PacMan was in line to welcome UFC superstar Conor McGregor, 32, back to the ring, where the Irishman lost to Floyd Mayweather, 43, in 2017.

But after he was knocked out by Dustin Poirier, 32, in their rematch, plans for a boxing match have been scrapped, with McGregor instead focusing on a trilogy fight with the US star.

Pacquiao was then linked with a fight against 22-year-old lightweight sensation Ryan Garcia.

But talks with Garcia are yet to progress, leaving PacMan exploring his options.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14052...ight-comeback/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MANNY PACQUIAO VS. TERENCE CRAWFORD: BOB ARUM PLANS OVERSEAS VENUE

https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/boxi...s14j3a53n5nn7m

Cashout fight for Manny? All the pressure will be on Bud. Pac's place long secured. Bud's career began well, but over the past few years, negotiations B.S. promoter/haggling has hampered his career. And with Spence comeback fight, that even took some of the luster off Terrence's career. At least IMO!

If it comes down to this: Filipino senator Pacquiao is reportedly open to fighting Crawford if he could take $40 million from a $50 million purse, with the remainder due to his challenger

No reason for Bud to turn it down, he knows he's the B side regardless of how past prime pac is. 10 mil vs who else to offer that?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cashout fight for Manny? All the pressure will be on Bud. Pac's place long secured. Bud's career began well, but over the past few years, negotiations B.S. promoter/haggling has hampered his career. And with Spence comeback fight, that even took some of the luster off Terrence's career. At least IMO!

If it comes down to this: Filipino senator Pacquiao is reportedly open to fighting Crawford if he could take $40 million from a $50 million purse, with the remainder due to his challenger

No reason for Bud to turn it down, he knows he's the B side regardless of how past prime pac is. 10 mil vs who else to offer that?

Bud will probably turn it down. 40/10 might come across as a slap in the face. I'm all on board with Pac's legacy and all that... but 30/20 would've made it a little more palatable. Who knows? Bud might just surprise me.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Bud will probably turn it down. 40/10 might come across as a slap in the face. I'm all on board with Pac's legacy and all that... but 30/20 would've made it a little more palatable. Who knows? Bud might just surprise me.
    Indeed a slap in the face. I'd rather be slapped with 10 million by an over the hill legend than to be respected for 5 million by a primer!!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Indeed a slap in the face. I'd rather be slapped with 10 million by an over the hill legend than to be respected for 5 million by a primer!!

Well, Bud's "only" made 8 million in his career, so I see your point. And yes, you and I would take the 10 million in a heartbeat. Then again we don't have the ego these elite fighters have.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, Bud's "only" made 8 million in his career, so I see your point. And yes, you and I would take the 10 million in a heartbeat. Then again we don't have the ego these elite fighters have.

Hey Bud!!!

@erics44 (another great band to ask ma & pa' about- I think they in front row groovin' -youngin')
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 02-28-2021 at 09:41 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope the fight gets made and Pac knocks him out.

I’m sure we’re all sick and tired of Bud wasting his prime years away avoiding Spence and constantly making up excuses about other sides of the roads?!

Bud has all the talent in the world but has behaved like a content and happy slave under Bob Arum..he’s a disgrace.

Pac for the KO or decision.

Pac may have many losses on his record but if he pulls this win off he’s a pound for pound superstar at 42!

Thread Information