Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ice Cream

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I'm determined to find an original Carvell ice cream cake. Old school style with the gel writing. The crunch layers were what made the classic. I swear to find another in all of it's melty goodness.

Anyone remember when there was nothing left in the freezer except generic 'Sherbet'
    I haven't had ice cream cake since my 7th birthday. Hard to believe it has only been 25years- it seems nearly twice that long.
    Wait a minute you said you were trying out for the 50 something Olympics a bodybuilding
    Place your tongue firmly in cheek and read it again. It will make more sense.
    Waith a minuth, you thaid you were thrying outh for the hitty-thomething Olympith.
    That was funny, actually did laugh out loud.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm determined to find an original Carvell ice cream cake. Old school style with the gel writing. The crunch layers were what made the classic. I swear to find another in all of it's melty goodness.

Anyone remember when there was nothing left in the freezer except generic 'Sherbet'
    I haven't had ice cream cake since my 7th birthday. Hard to believe it has only been 25years- it seems nearly twice that long.
    Last 3 or so years I keep saying I will buy an ice cream cake. But for some reason $20+ makes me say...nah...I'll wait till its on sale.

Never on sale man!

BTW, this thread is a winner.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

Last 3 or so years I keep saying I will buy an ice cream cake. But for some reason $20+ makes me say...nah...I'll wait till its on sale.

Never on sale man!

a real Ring-Dinger it is. Now I remember when I was 9, one night after dinner, I went back into the kitchen, opened the freezer, and there was this raspberry sherbert, as lavender as can be, and I got out a big tablespoon, and proceeded to fucking wreck that shit. Atleast half the half gallon, tongue freeze, teeth freeze, lip freeze, nose freeze, and BRAIN FREEZE....... then came the sugar rush. I recall putting it back in the freezer quietly, and then I passed out upstairs near my bed. Red Raspberry, hell it was Red 40 Lake suicide!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never on sale man!

opened the freezer, and there was this raspberry sherbert, as lavender as can be, and I got out a big tablespoon, and proceeded to fucking wreck that shit. Atleast half the half gallon, tongue freeze, teeth freeze, lip freeze, nose freeze, and BRAIN FREEZE....... then came the sugar rush. I recall putting it back in the freezer quietly, and then I passed out upstairs near my bed. Red Raspberry, hell it was Red 40 Lake suicide!
    Spicoli on point asking who else found just sherbert left in freeze...uh...Me! Must be a generational thing, my grandmother either had custard and or sherbert.
    Grandkids wreched the vanilla custard....man... no more vanilla...just sherbert...
    Cool. Polished off last...but it always got polished off!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never on sale man!

opened the freezer, and there was this raspberry sherbert, as lavender as can be, and I got out a big tablespoon, and proceeded to fucking wreck that shit. Atleast half the half gallon, tongue freeze, teeth freeze, lip freeze, nose freeze, and BRAIN FREEZE....... then came the sugar rush. I recall putting it back in the freezer quietly, and then I passed out upstairs near my bed. Red Raspberry, hell it was Red 40 Lake suicide!
    Spicoli on point asking who else found just sherbert left in freeze...uh...Me! Must be a generational thing, my grandmother either had custard and or sherbert.
    Grandkids wreched the vanilla custard....man... no more vanilla...just sherbert...
    any ice cream is good ice cream......... pretty much. Hell even chocolate ice cream I'll eat.........dead last! Love chocolate, can pound 10 kit kats or 5 cadbury bars in 10 minutes flat, just never liked chocolate ice cream, cant figure that shit out! Love chocloate syrup/fudge on ice cream, just dont like choco ice cream.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never on sale man!

any ice cream is good ice cream......... pretty much. Hell even chocolate ice cream I'll eat.........dead last! Love chocolate, can pound 10 kit kats or 5 cadbury bars in 10 minutes flat, just never liked chocolate ice cream, cant figure that shit out! Love chocloate syrup/fudge on ice cream, just dont like choco ice cream.
    LOL, When my mother bought Neapolitan -chocolate was always last- vanilla & strawberry easily. As much as I struggle with overeating chocolate (candy bars)-- never in my lifetime have I bought chocolate ice-cream. Neapolitan was the only way to get me to eat it.

wait... did I just repeat everything U stated?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha yes you did but I can relate! Glad someone else sees it like that. All kids in my class were always "gimme chocolate ice cream!!!" And I never got that, I thought wtf, too thick and doesn't taste like chocolate!

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love Neapolitan ice cream, especially when the mix is heavy on the strawberry. I'm usually not too big on chocolate ice cream; like you guys, I usually only eat it as part of the trio. But that Tillamook Udderly Chocolate changed my mind.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Back in Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina, 2003 in fact......we pull up to an ice cream store. I'll get any damn flavor but never ever chocolate. I go in. I see flavors. Looking for rum raisin or mint choco chip. Then I saw it........Moose Tracks....... been hooked on it since.

homemade-moose-tracks-ice-cream-bowl-155523079.jpg

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Back in Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina, 2003 in fact......we pull up to an ice cream store. I'll get any damn flavor but never ever chocolate. I go in. I see flavors. Looking for rum raisin or mint choco chip. Then I saw it........Moose Tracks....... been hooked on it since.

Moose Tracks is really good. I have had the Chocolate Extreme Moose Tracks twice, but only when it was on sale and we were out of the regular.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Moose Tracks is really good. I have had the Chocolate Extreme Moose Tracks twice, but only when it was on sale and we were out of the regular.
    In 1988 in Phoenix Arizona I remember getting something called Cherries Flambee.
    It was a kind of cherry vanilla and the cherries were not maraschino cherries but they were actual real cherries and they had been thoroughly saturated in rum. The waiter came and lit it on fire. it went out in 2 seconds and the cherries had this really beautiful sort of a smoky flavor and sweet at the same time with a really beautiful rum essence

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In 1988 in Phoenix Arizona I remember getting something called Cherries Flambee.
    It was a kind of cherry vanilla and the cherries were not maraschino cherries but they were actual real cherries and they had been thoroughly saturated in rum. The waiter came and lit it on fire. it went out in 2 seconds and the cherries had this really beautiful sort of a smoky flavor and sweet at the same time with a really beautiful rum essence
    I had that in Chicago a couple years back, for the first and, so far, only time. I liked that, too.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am actually the same too. I like chocolate, but only eat the very dark stuff as I don't want too much sugar with it being a toxin. However, if I occasionally eat ice cream it will never be chocolate as it just doesn't taste right. Other flavors are fine like strawberry, mint chocolate chip, raspberry, banana, vanilla, but chocolate is always a no go. Got to be careful with ice cream though as it is very bad for you.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never on sale man!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the GO-to-spot If ever in Milwaukee Wisconsin. Around 22 seconds they show the burgers I mentioned earlier---burger so big, they look like damn frisbee! And every Friday I think is their special flavor of the day. Something about custard.

Thread Information