Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default BootLeg Foodl?

On Cereal? Kids got it bad today.

When I was young, sugary cereal was authentic. Today? Knock offs.

What's a kid to do, when parents are struggling? Look at the other cart- they got Fruit Loops, while the poor kid has Tasty-O's. WTF? Big ass plastic bag, can't hide it in a cart. Too big.
    Plus Cheaper ingredients, usually chemicals in place of food.

Instead of Sugar Smacks, they got golden puffs. I guess next to Capn Crunch will be Private Crunch. Next to the Alpha Bits Cereal is A thru Z cereal.
    Even the boxes are cheap. A kid knows the deal when they turn it to the back. Capn Crunch would have a maze...help him find the treasure. Oh, what a treat at the breakfast table eating Capn Crunch while following the maze.
    But not wit A thru Z cereal...that maze on the back cover looks like 1/2 an intestine. U see the beginning & end of the maze....all before getting to the checkout line.

Instead of Fruity Pebbles...Fruity crisp rice. Damn...they don't even try to hide the fact they're knockoffs.
    I've tried the raisin bran knock off (bran flakes), and the difference for me is the brans, they soak so quick, that they literally become soggy within a minute. I will not eat soggy cereal.

Anyone ever bought something from a cheap franchise to consume? Dollar Tree has something that looks a LOT like cheese. Problem? It doesn't really say it on the bag, rather words like:
    American shreds, Pizza Shreds. Well once in my life I bought a pack. After 15 minutes in the oven, not ONE SHRED melted. If there were a hundred shreds...when I took it out the oven, there were 100 browned shreds. Not one shred melted.

Video above, the guy sets the cheese looking chemical...on fire! Doesn't melt.
    No longer does it say cheese, just say American Singles...

Ever caught yourself trying to save some money only to realize it really isn't a generic brand as much as a generic brand piggy backing off a brand name hoping people will associate it?
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 06-04-2020 at 07:20 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BootLeg Foodl?

Not Bootleg but Aldi sell cereals that are unbranded but taste just as good as branded ones such as Rice Crisp and weetabix.

Just keep the branded box and put the cheaper alternative in them. The kids do not know the difference.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Not Bootleg but Aldi sell cereals that are unbranded but taste just as good as branded ones such as Rice Crisp and weetabix.

Just keep the branded box and put the cheaper alternative in them. The kids do not know the difference.
    Wow, Aldi's is global. Ive heard some joke and call it All die that eats their food. Ive been there myself, but don't like grocers that make you bag your own stuff as well as pay for the bags.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Wow, Aldi's is global. Ive heard some joke and call it All die that eats their food. Ive been there myself, but don't like grocers that make you bag your own stuff as well as pay for the bags.
    Aldi is actually a German company that was having massive growth up to last year I don’t know if it changed. I agree though worrying about if you will find enough boxes is a pain.

El Kabong Guest

shout out to Hydrox cookies....I mean this list HAS to have them on there

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Most of the big bag cereals are made by Malt-o-Meal and they suck. General Mills is now putting Lucky Charms and Cookie Crisp in bags. The trend is also towards bigger boxes. The small sizes got so small that they stopped selling, even at $1.65 a box. Meanwhile the 18 ounce boxes sell steady at full price.
    You know what is the most horrible product out there? Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls. Check out the nutrition chart on the box; there should be a warning label on them. They go on sale for $1.99 if you buy 5 or more and people stock up. You wouldn't be much worse off if you bought cigarettes and crack instead.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    Most of the big bag cereals are made by Malt-o-Meal and they suck. General Mills is now putting Lucky Charms and Cookie Crisp in bags. The trend is also towards bigger boxes. The small sizes got so small that they stopped selling, even at $1.65 a box. Meanwhile the 18 ounce boxes sell steady at full price.
    You know what is the most horrible product out there? Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls. Check out the nutrition chart on the box; there should be a warning label on them. They go on sale for $1.99 if you buy 5 or more and people stock up. You wouldn't be much worse off if you bought cigarettes and crack instead.
    We used to get loads of them at the homeless shelter for donations, that’s probably why.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    We used to get loads of them at the homeless shelter for donations, that’s probably why.
    The local homeless shelter comes in for our distressed dairy products- I saw them on Monday. The homeless shelter is in Butte, where I live. I see the guy from the Anaconda food bank every day. Croatian guy like me.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The local homeless shelter comes in for our distressed dairy products- I saw them on Monday. The homeless shelter is in Butte, where I live. I see the guy from the Anaconda food bank every day. Croatian guy like me.
    I don’t work at one anymore left a few weeks ago for a new job but I miss it. The homeless get a bad rap but shit listening to their stories all it takes is a couple bad moves or a streak of bad luck and there you are. I had never worked at a homeless shelter before only volunteered it was interesting to see the internal workings and how the community helped. I had a guy stop by and hand me 200 cash as a donation. Other people did 40 or 50 regularly. The cops and fire department would buy dinner for the place and during wuhan lockdown the cook quit local restaurants would cook full course meals every night and deliver them. They sent so much the workers could take a couple dinners home for the family. The supermarkets were great you guys always came through. All I did was keep the order and talk to people it was all that other shit that kept the place going. It’s not the ritz Carlton but they provide a safe place for families or individuals to stay, when I’m acclimated to my current place I want to find a way to to either donate stuff or something. Seriously if you are able feel safe donating or volunteering the homeless shelters do there best to make things pleasant for people and none of us are beyond ending up in one of them.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t work at one anymore left a few weeks ago for a new job but I miss it. The homeless get a bad rap but shit listening to their stories all it takes is a couple bad moves or a streak of bad luck and there you are. I had never worked at a homeless shelter before only volunteered it was interesting to see the internal workings and how the community helped. I had a guy stop by and hand me 200 cash as a donation. Other people did 40 or 50 regularly. The cops and fire department would buy dinner for the place and during wuhan lockdown the cook quit local restaurants would cook full course meals every night and deliver them. They sent so much the workers could take a couple dinners home for the family. The supermarkets were great you guys always came through. All I did was keep the order and talk to people it was all that other shit that kept the place going. It’s not the ritz Carlton but they provide a safe place for families or individuals to stay, when I’m acclimated to my current place I want to find a way to to either donate stuff or something. Seriously if you are able feel safe donating or volunteering the homeless shelters do there best to make things pleasant for people and none of us are beyond ending up in one of them.
    The homeless shelter in Butte was started in 1976, I think it was, by a guy that had been homeless, found himself here. One of the local churches helped him out, and he quit drinking then started the shelter. Way before the state of Montana had social programs, there was a group of businessmen in Butte that collected food and clothing, bought Christmas presents, etc...for people that needed help. A lot of guys got killed in the mines and left their families behind.
    The people that run the Anaconda food bank are wonderful people. I have a ton of respect for them and for what they do.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The homeless shelter in Butte was started in 1976, I think it was, by a guy that had been homeless, found himself here. One of the local churches helped him out, and he quit drinking then started the shelter. Way before the state of Montana had social programs, there was a group of businessmen in Butte that collected food and clothing, bought Christmas presents, etc...for people that needed help. A lot of guys got killed in the mines and left their families behind.
    The people that run the Anaconda food bank are wonderful people. I have a ton of respect for them and for what they do.
    Sorry greyman I meant to hit like

Thread Information