Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: DNA Tests for both Paternal and Maternal Lineages - anybody have one done?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default DNA Tests for both Paternal and Maternal Lineages - anybody have one done?

DNA is totally fascinating, I was always sure that my genetic homeland is Mesopotamia, so I shelled out a few hundred (cost me $229 but was worth it) in January to have specific Y- and mtDNA tests done (saliva, cheek cells from a swab, hair, and paid extra for toe nail DNA sample) My results came back a heavy J1 y-DNA predominance with minor T and E3b substratums. On my Y-DNA minor T substratum report: "Very highly likely at 73.9% a mix of Akkadian, Iranian, Armenian, and Assyrian origin." Means my father's FATHER'S lineage. "While the most prevalent four lineages observed in the combined dataset were J1 (17.98%), R1b (12.81%), R1a (12.40%) and J2a1b (22.19%), predominately markers for Syriac were indicated." The remaining 35% was distributed between the subsets "Anatolian/Broadly Middle Eastern/Elazig Province/Hakkari Province".

On my mother's side, besides indicating very highly likely 48.7% Sicilian, the Sicilian mitochondrial mtDNA contribution (average number of pairwise nucleotide differences) was 4.04, indicating I have a North African admixture of about 5.5%, Coptic Egyptian of 4.4%, as well as Lebanese 3.8%, Cypriot 2.6% and sub Saharan African ancestry 0%.

The shocker (and really I was not shocked at all as I have always suspected this):

"NORTHWESTERN EUROPEAN: 0.6%
    FRENCH & GERMAN 0.2%
    BROADLY NORTHWESTERN EUROPEAN 0.4%
    EASTERN EUROPEAN 0.0%
    SOUTHEASTERN EUROPEAN 0.0%
    BROADLY EUROPEAN 0.9%
    BROADLY IBERIAN 2.2%
    BROADLY BALKAN 0.2%
    MALTESE 4.3%"

What a beautiful thing to scientifically know your paternal AND maternal genetic origins.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: DNA Tests for both Paternal and Maternal Lineages - anybody have one done?

why would you willing provide your dna?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: DNA Tests for both Paternal and Maternal Lineages - anybody have one done?

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    That's a good question TIC. I know some people are hesitant to do that, I guess theye are thinking someone can use your DNA to do some illegal or immoral things? I can't really think of anything someone could do. I'm not worried about that. Maybe you know of some stuff that can happen, if you could go into it a bit.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    That's a good question TIC. I know some people are hesitant to do that, I guess theye are thinking someone can use your DNA to do some illegal or immoral things? I can't really think of anything someone could do. I'm not worried about that. Maybe you know of some stuff that can happen, if you could go into it a bit.
    please stop liking my posts, it's creepy. i wonder what they could use dna for?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    please stop liking my posts, it's creepy. i wonder what they could use dna for?
    if you give me another like i'll give you my address & we can be friends

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TIC I wonder a sample of his DNA why bother we all know he's a CUNT.🤪

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To all the white kids on this board with curly hair...I am your father.

To all the black kids here who don't know who their daddy is..

All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's funny. But anyway, is anyone on this fo rum ever had a genetic test done to determine their ancestry?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DNA testing is by and large up to 99.99% accurate for most of the tests. This is possible due to modern technology and rules for DNA analysis. Most DNA tests are carried out at least two times, independently of each other. This ensures that there is no wrong data used in the first test or that no incorrect marker analysis in the first test. Such a procedure also helps the credibility of the test. If, by any chance, there is a discrepancy between the two tests, then fresh samples could be collected and the entire process carried out again. That poster named walrus is just misinformed because maternal and paternal haplogroup testing can trace lineage further back (20-100 generations) than microarray-based autosomal DNA testing (around 10 generations). DNA testing companies like 23andMe are working to improve their ability to provide detailed results for customers with non-European ancestry thanks to their Global Genetics Project initiative. By providing testing kits to people with four grandparents from one of over 50 underrepresented countries, this will help pave the way for more accurate findings.

In fact, encouraging more people around the world to undertake ancestry DNA tests can give the process a huge boost when it comes to accuracy. The more extensive the databases become, the more reliable test results will be in the future.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thanks for going back to disliking my posts. i feel safer now

Thread Information