Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshuas racist comments

statues of churchill still standing?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    AJ has lost loads of fans over his racist remarks
    But you still get the job. You still get the loan. You still get the house. You still get the car. You can still travel anywhere in the world and racially speaking you'll have zero problems.

So tell me how is AJs alleged racism affecting whites ?

Plus I find this ironic when race is more important than money to many whites. I'm pretty sure you know that whites will hire whites with a criminal record than black ppl who are clean.

I'm pretty sure you know that.

If black people produced a car, most whites would not buy that car, no matter what. Lets just start talking real.

you only have to look on social media to see that the vast majority are routing for Fury to beat him.
    Most ppl were rooting for Fury anyway.
    Master, why on earth have you liked this post? It is full of nonsense.

Before the 2008 crash plenty of black people and indeed white people, who really should not have been getting loans, did indeed get their loans. And what happened? It crashed the economy. We should not give loans easily to people.

Also, what is this thing about getting a job? Dennis you have said several times that you do well, so who exactly is denying you this mysterious job? Have you lost the job?
    Do you honestly think people think about who made the car? I am sure plenty of black people work in car factories and people still buy the car. If you want a black car company then maybe a black person could set one up. I would buy it if it was affordable and efficient, but please no bling as that is distasteful.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    The weekend of fun coming up. I am not Winston's biggest fan as he made mistakes like any person has, but he also meant that we did not end up with Nazi's as neighbors or even putting us in concentration camps. He must remain regardless. History is history and you can praise or bemoan, but it was and cannot be rewritten because people are triggered by statues. If you cannot handle a statue, then how would you handle a person? As seen with Beanz and Sargon we know how that went.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    The weekend of fun coming up. I am not Winston's biggest fan as he made mistakes like any person has, but he also meant that we did not end up with Nazi's as neighbors or even putting us in concentration camps. He must remain regardless. History is history and you can praise or bemoan, but it was and cannot be rewritten because people are triggered by statues. If you cannot handle a statue, then how would you handle a person? As seen with Beanz and Sargon we know how that went.
    if they are taking down statues of racists then churchill needs to be on the chopping block. just shows how fake it all is
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[
    But you still get the job. You still get the loan. You still get the house. You still get the car. You can still travel anywhere in the world and racially speaking you'll have zero problems.

Plus I find this ironic when race is more important than money to many whites. I'm pretty sure you know that whites will hire whites with a criminal record than black ppl who are clean.

If black people produced a car, most whites would not buy that car, no matter what. Lets just start talking real.

you only have to look on social media to see that the vast majority are routing for Fury to beat him.

Before the 2008 crash plenty of black people and indeed white people, who really should not have been getting loans, did indeed get their loans. And what happened? It crashed the economy. We should not give loans easily to people.

Also, what is this thing about getting a job? Dennis you have said several times that you do well, so who exactly is denying you this mysterious job? Have you lost the job?
    Do you honestly think people think about who made the car? I am sure plenty of black people work in car factories and people still buy the car. If you want a black car company then maybe a black person could set one up. I would buy it if it was affordable and efficient, but please no bling as that is distasteful.
    Master will never admit fault don’t bother he will rationalize and justify to the bitter end

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[

The part about the car was nonsense. The part about the houses and loans is all too real.

You need to re-examine your views, Miles.

Restrictions were put on house ownership in many U.S. cities which kept blacks from owning homes..... and many of these restrictions persevered well into the 20th century.

Why do you think blacks traditionally occupy the worst neighborhoods? Why do you think the percentage of home ownership by blacks is so low as compared to whites?

As much as some would like to bury the past and pretend it never happened....... it's not possible.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    [

The part about the car was nonsense. The part about the houses and loans is all too real.

Restrictions were put on house ownership in many U.S. cities which kept blacks from owning homes..... and many of these restrictions persevered well into the 20th century.

Why do you think blacks traditionally occupy the worst neighborhoods? Why do you think the percentage of home ownership by blacks is so low as compared to whites?

As much as some would like to bury the past and pretend it never happened....... it's not possible.
    No disrespect to Miles, but he doesnt live here and doesnt really know the daily ins and outs and only can get through no fault of his own, his news from online and research, but I PERSONALLY KNOW SEVERAL BLACK FAMILIES WHO WERE KEPT FROM OWNING HOMES IN NEWARK, NEW JERSEY, JERSEY CITY, NEW JERSEY, PATERSON, NEW JERSEY AND EVEN IN A LITTLE TOWN I KNOW ALL-TOO-WELL, EAST ORANGE, NEW JERSEY. Those restrictions were put in major force in 1961 for the most part and persevered well into Y2K Era let us just say. He wouldnt live in one of the areas where blacks occupy, though he think the housing prices are just grand! DOnt think he'd want what they largely have which is rats, mice, bed bugs, cockroaches, silver fish, LOTS of dilapidated real estate which is really old and overpriced, trust me, I lived in EAST ORANGE, NJ FOR 7 YEARS, IT'S 96% BLACK, I SAW IT DAILY, my friends were trying to buy houses, move into a "better neighborhood" and kept getting rejected. YOu cant know that stuff from Asia by researching it, Im talking REAL LIFE EXPERIENCES I HAD. FIRST HAND.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are we defending the predatory subprime lending or am I missing something.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can personally tell you in my own neighborhood a black family was pretty much discouraged by neighbors to not buy a house, via rude welcoming during the property viewing, and being intentionally snubbed that afternoon in a community BBQ by a man named Al Bonwick. I saw it with my own eyes, we were playing stickball on a Saturday afternoon, it was cold, rude, weird and def racist. And he knew it.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[

I am talking about pre 2008, Tito. Many loans were given to people who couldn't really afford them when the tide turned. I don't really approve of loans and only do it myself if I know the risk is tiny. I would have never agreed to the kinds of mortgages people were choosing and banks were preadting with, but that is me.

People could get loans but they were unfavorable. Now there I would point out what I would call racism, but blacks could indeed get loans, but they wouldn't be good one's. I am not sure why an income of 200 grand a year would even need a loan, but again that is my mentality as I am good with money. I would just save for a few years and buy within my price range, but people and their 20 year mortgages.

It was a factor for sure and the issue was people taking on loans that were not good loans. You need to read the small print. Banks were very naughty. Not just homes but many kinds of loan. Not a fan of loan culture myself.

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2013/...ing-boom/6559/

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Are we defending the predatory subprime lending or am I missing something.
    I am certainly not. It was too many loans and they were predatory. I don't approve.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    [

No disrespect to Miles, but he doesnt live here and doesnt really know the daily ins and outs and only can get through no fault of his own, his news from online and research, but I PERSONALLY KNOW SEVERAL BLACK FAMILIES WHO WERE KEPT FROM OWNING HOMES IN NEWARK, NEW JERSEY, JERSEY CITY, NEW JERSEY, PATERSON, NEW JERSEY AND EVEN IN A LITTLE TOWN I KNOW ALL-TOO-WELL, EAST ORANGE, NEW JERSEY. Those restrictions were put in major force in 1961 for the most part and persevered well into Y2K Era let us just say. He wouldnt live in one of the areas where blacks occupy, though he think the housing prices are just grand! DOnt think he'd want what they largely have which is rats, mice, bed bugs, cockroaches, silver fish, LOTS of dilapidated real estate which is really old and overpriced, trust me, I lived in EAST ORANGE, NJ FOR 7 YEARS, IT'S 96% BLACK, I SAW IT DAILY, my friends were trying to buy houses, move into a "better neighborhood" and kept getting rejected. YOu cant know that stuff from Asia by researching it, Im talking REAL LIFE EXPERIENCES I HAD. FIRST HAND.
    The data shows many were given bad loans, including blacks, in the run up to 2008. This was predatory lending and I would argue even at times racist too.

Don't start with the personal stuff when you have never even bought a home. You know full well black people have mortgages and homes. It isn't India.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[

I am talking about pre 2008, Tito. Many loans were given to people who couldn't really afford them when the tide turned. I don't really approve of loans and only do it myself if I know the risk is tiny. I would have never agreed to the kinds of mortgages people were choosing and banks were preadting with, but that is me.

People could get loans but they were unfavorable. Now there I would point out what I would call racism, but blacks could indeed get loans, but they wouldn't be good one's. I am not sure why an income of 200 grand a year would even need a loan, but again that is my mentality as I am good with money. I would just save for a few years and buy within my price range, but people and their 20 year mortgages.

It was a factor for sure and the issue was people taking on loans that were not good loans. You need to read the small print. Banks were very naughty. Not just homes but many kinds of loan. Not a fan of loan culture myself.

I think we're going off on a tangent here. Denilson's point was the historical disparities in home ownership between blacks and whites. Much of this is due to restrictions on deeds which existed in the books until well into the 20th century. This is a major factor in the horrific disparities we see today. Much of the segregation still existing in U.S. cities is due to factors such as these. This has nothing to do with favorable and unfavorable loans and banks being naughty. "Blacks could indeed get loans"? Sorry... history doesn't back you on that.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[

I think we're going off on a tangent here. Denilson's point was the historical disparities in home ownership between blacks and whites. Much of this is due to restrictions on deeds which existed in the books until well into the 20th century. This is a major factor in the horrific disparities we see today. Much of the segregation still existing in U.S. cities is due to factors such as these. This has nothing to do with favorable and unfavorable loans and banks being naughty. "Blacks could indeed get loans"? Sorry... history doesn't back you on that.
    Emily Badger shows that blacks were indeed getting loans and they were not very good loans in the run up to 2008. They were more likely to be denied than whites and to be subprime, but blacks have been able to get mortgages and don't forget a mortgage is only one form of loan. There are MANY types of loan be it a car loan, credit card, pay day lender, pawn shop.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[

Emily Badger shows that blacks were indeed getting loans and they were not very good loans in the run up to 2008. They were more likely to be denied than whites and to be subprime, but blacks have been able to get mortgages and don't forget a mortgage is only one form of loan. There are MANY types of loan be it a car loan, credit card, pay day lender, pawn shop.

Why are we still talking about 2008, Miles?

Frankly (and I don't care what Emily Badger whoever she is says)...... it's like we're talking two different languages right now. I'm struggling to maintain a cordial tone, but it's mind-boggling how I keep mentioning discrimination against blacks in home ownership going all the way up to the mid to late 20th century......... and you keep on talking about 2008 and good loans and bad loans.

History shows that blacks were denied home ownership in many cities well into the 20th century and this has caused the wide disparity we see today.

Can we get off types of loans, credit cards, and pawn shops already?

Thread Information