Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shakur Stevenson v Felix Caraballo ESPN! Boxing is back..sort of.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Shakur Stevenson v Felix Caraballo ESPN! Boxing is back..sort of.

Two schools of though I'm finding. Hey these are meaningless sparring matches just for the sake of putting out some fights, OR hey..it's live boxing and a first step back to get things rolling to bigger and better. It's not going to happen over night. Frankly I'm interested to see the adjustments and considering we have not seen LIVE matches in months I'm the last guy to go all diva and deem them not worthy of my interest. Or boxing is crack and I have no shame about wanting to watch these . Main event tonight is Stevenson in non title fight with a replacement out of Puerto Rico 'Felix Caraballo'. No idea why Stevenson has to be 130 here and sure we'd much rather see a Warrington v Stevenson. Is what it is right now.

Random thought it's actually more lively than the fan-less wwe and ufc bouts I've seen.

Refs are much much more audible and noticeable. Especially when they're already named Jay Nady

Less distraction for judges and they are literally made to sit solo. Maybe just maybe they'll focus and cards will reflect less bs.

I can see scenarios where the announcers become doubly annoying if the action and tempo of certain style match ups wane. Maybe they'll overcompensate for lack of live crowd and feel the need to act the voice.

They can no longer do in ring interviews. Again I just don't get that. Just as no reason they cannot have a handful of associated 'fans' spaced about. Much of this will be dictated and determined by post bout test results and functionality. It's a process.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shakur Stevenson v Felix Caraballo ESPN! Boxing is back..sort of.

Why do most of these guys on the mic set up in what looks to be the smallest closet in their homes or office. If I was doing a remote announce I'd blow out the living room, deck that fooker out for the live feed. Apparently Ward keeps all of his belts on a dark corner book shelf in his walk in closet.

They're really pushing this 3-0 6'4 heavyweight Jared Anderson. But do we really need yet another American heavy nicknamed "Big Baby" . That is a bigger statement on this Countries current state than we may be ready to admit.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Cash vs Metcalf fight was stopped due to a cut when it looked like Metcalf was closing the gap on the cards. The judges cards were terribly wide.

60-55
    60-54
    59-55

UD Cash.

Ramirez scored a 1st round KO.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big fella Guido Vianello in at 6'6 and he's Italian. Still looks on the lean side, good movement v a Don Haynes..and down ol Don goes. Flat on his back but he's up and Nady waves it off. Nice chopping right hand did him in.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The Cash vs Metcalf fight was stopped due to a cut when it looked like Metcalf was closing the gap on the cards. The judges cards were terribly wide.

60-55
    60-54
    59-55

UD Cash.

Good to see ya around bud. Been a while yeh. Let's hope this 'new world' for the sport works out

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

60-55
    60-54
    59-55

UD Cash.

Good to see ya around bud. Been a while yeh. Let's hope this 'new world' for the sport works out
    Been busy with work and around my property. Back to back Heavyweight bouts coming up.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's up with that stoppage?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vianello KO1.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh he was up and aware. But I have a feeling we're going to see much more of that is these 'assumed' heavy underdog matches. Just hope the playing up KO excitement or network time restraints will not factor in..well factor in that much .

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh he was up and aware. But I have a feeling we're going to see much more of that is these 'assumed' heavy underdog matches. Just hope the playing up KO excitement or network time restraints will not factor in..well factor in that much .
    Haynesworth shouldn't have got up so quick. I don't think it was going much longer tho.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's pretty interesting. They're using an app to add in fan reaction on the sound system? Hate to be the guy who has to edit that .

Dunno about Anderson, seems a little to loose. Langston built like a bulky guy who will be sucking wind in no time.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anderson 1-0.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's pretty interesting. They're using an app to add in fan reaction on the sound system? Hate to be the guy who has to edit that .

Dunno about Anderson, seems a little to loose. Langston built like a bulky guy who will be sucking wind in no time.
    He's still young. Not much head movement but I like the bodywork.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anderson 2-0.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has to be just a matter of time before they wink n nod this '6 feet distancing' away in any sporting event. The participants aside it's just not realistic or enforceable, photographers side by side, cornermen and other announce crews .

Anderson is fluid but he's wide and catching some silly throw away shots.

Thread Information