Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 2020 WW Division Head 2 Head With 2012 WW!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 2020 WW Division Head 2 Head With 2012 WW!!

Errol Spence 26-0 vs Floyd Mayweather 36-0

T. Crawford 36-0 vs Miguel Cotto 30-0

M Pacquiao 62-7-2 vs Shane Mosley 44-4

K. Thurman 29-1 vs Antonio Margarito 34-4

Sean Porter 33-3-1 vs Paul Williams 32-0

Danny Garcia 36-2 vs Kermit Cintron 28-1

Yordanis Uegas 25-4 vs Joshua Clottey 30-2

k. abdukorahorov 17-0 vs Luis Collazo 27-2

Sergy lipinets 16-1 vs Oktay Urkal 38-3

Mikey Garcia 40-1 vs Jackson Osei Bonsu 26-1

Pitting each one head to head
    Can be matchup, comparing skill or just rating one division overall as better.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 2020 WW Division Head 2 Head With 2012 WW!!

Those are some good fights would love to see how they get on but Cotto was past his best 2012 and not undefeated.

Spence or Crawford v Floyd would be worth watching.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Errol Spence 26-0 vs Floyd Mayweather 36-0 (Spence is one of the few boxers I think who could use skill to compromise PBF, otherwise I have long held it would've been Paul Williams at WW that could have average 100 punches a round, well out of Floyd's range to counter that could have taken his (0). Plus the fact that Floyd briefly retired as soon as PW got ranked and called him out...makes me think all the more. Overall I could see 1-1 a piece for Spence/PBF.

T. Crawford 36-0 vs Miguel Cotto 30-0 Crawford has to adjust to Cotto infighting- who was pretty good with bodyhunting. Crawford takes control from 8th round and wins a UD.

M Pacquiao 62-7-2 vs Shane Mosley 44-4--- This was when Shane called out Pac..and Arum said...Pac doesn't know what he wants...He had just beatan Rito, so I think this fight- back then would've been very competitive, but since Pac dropped him eventually when they met-I think Shane gets dropped back in 2012- had they met as well- I give this to Pac by decision.

K. Thurman 29-1 vs Antonio Margarito 34-4 Starts off slow, neighter fighter dictating until midrounds which goes to Rito on activity alone. Late rounds Thurman adjusts and wins a Split Decision.

Sean Porter 33-3-1 vs Paul Williams 32-0---Damn this is the best one! Short bulldozer vs long n lanky. I dunno. Serious!

Danny Garcia 36-2 vs Kermit Cintron 28-1---Cintron finds a way to look good early, compromised himself and Garica gets a MD...1 judge gives a draw because the contrast of styles were too difficult to say one truly dominated.

Yordanis Uegas 25-4 vs Joshua Clottey 30-2--Never seen Uegas fight, but if this is Clottey pre-Margarito, I got Clottey by UD.

k. abdukorahorov 17-0 vs Luis Collazo 27-2 Just don't know enough aby abduwhatever this dudes name is. And Collazo could win fights he should lose, and lose fights he should've won, so tossup. Collazo by SD- via guessing.

Sergy lipinets 16-1 vs Oktay Urkal 38-3 Urkal has had a longer career -so I pick him on SD-since I don't know what Lipinets has seen from his short career thus far.

Mikey Garcia 40-1 vs Jackson Osei Bonsu 26-1---I got Garcia on points

If there are any stoppages, I could see a strange stoppage in Garcia vs Cintron in favor of Danny. Could Porter stop Williams with constant inside bodyshots?
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These are top notch.
    Spence v Mayweather...ok this one hurts . But have to go with Mayweather with just too many tools in the gear box for Spence. For all of the brutal two fisted arsenal Spence possesses..and not just power but the way he levels on/off the power on his combos..simply put his head is too high and still for a defensive ringmaster like Mayweather who doesn't mind stinking it out. Mayweather unam

Crawford v Cotto..see it very similar to Slim. He'd catch Crawford underneath can def see that but getting in and staying with Crawfords two way shifting and equally effective combination punching from both would not be kind to Cotto sitting mid to outside range and his flesh would show it. Buuut on the otherhand what the hell has Crawford done at 147 let alone 140 to think he stops playing and admiring the work to think he weathers the inside savagery and hooks of Cotto . Crawford would need that brutal instinct finishing he does. Crawford tko late

Thurman v Margarito...Maybe I'm reverting but honestly I cannot get the memory of Collazo bending Thurman in half with a left to the gut out of my head. Going against the grain I can see Margarito surviving the glaring defensive lapses and really dragging it into the trenches late on while Thurman looks to bicycle and not exactly one to avoid wobbling especially with a Margarito massive volume from both top and uppercut bottom. Margarito split

Porter v Williams...hide ya kids, hide the wife and look out . This could be brutal. Williams had the frame some guys only dream about but fancied himself a relentless inside buzzsaw and wasn't adverse to getting clipped clean. Porter until recent times has literally imitated a runaway semi truck with about 5 flat tires steaming grill first downhill. But he found his toes now. Keeps his head and honestly..Porter can now box a little bit . It didn't work so well with Ugas, but it worked real well with one Spence jr. If Williams ever fought his height and range he does a complete number on both versions of Porter..but he won't. Screw it. War to a draw.

Ugas v Clottey...Interesting. Clottey stiff hitter counter puncher when on but man Ugas has really come up. Clottey at times just seemed 'off' when it came to the mental make up. Can see some ugly spots in this one. Ugas himself has shown different styles, I had him beating Porter. But he could also boil it down and has knows how to use the physicality with some fugly slickness. Yes fugly slickness can be a thing. Clotteys pop and chin could be the difference but I'll go with Ugas spring the close upset.

Abdukorahorov v Collazo. I could see almost the same result unfolding as last Oct but Collazo makes the bell on his hot and cold guile and grit. 2012 in fairness was a flat spell for Collazo who could be very much day and night, but always a quality threat.

Urkal v Lipinets. This one is simple I'd go completely out of my way to sit through another Urkal fight and miss it completely .

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't know Oktay Urkel had no knockouts. lol.. how did he keep dudes off of him? If a guy can't hurt me I'm rolling over them.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information