Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Upped my miles, now up to 4m plus.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Upped my miles, now up to 4m plus.

I came from maxing out a 2 miles a morning, 5 times a week. To now I'm looking at an average of 4 miles a morning. Of course, and this is not an advertisement, these Ripped Fuel pills are making me beast out. The only thing I'm missing now is he gym work where I can lift weights with it.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Upped my miles, now up to 4m plus.

Good for you. Exercise is great soul medicine. I do a combo of weights, stretches and indoor cycling. 30'C daily here so you get off the bike dripping. You know you have worked.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That’s good and I admire the dedication but do you worry about the impact to your knees etc? Just asking. A few joggers I knew needed knee replacements but they were also military or fire department so that kind of work could have played a part. I’ve been on eastern herbal shit for years, I don’t knock it I’m sure it does some good but as I mentioned elsewhere these studies on beet supplements are showing it increases oxygen to our blood cells and I really do think it helps with energy. Good on you though, I know people really get into running, I only run if I’m being chased, besides that I power walk. Power walking looks very effeminate but I want to save my knees

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    I came from maxing out a 2 miles a morning, 5 times a week. To now I'm looking at an average of 4 miles a morning. Of course, and this is not an advertisement, these Ripped Fuel pills are making me beast out. The only thing I'm missing now is he gym work where I can lift weights with it.
    I think the lockdown has either made people fitter or fatter, you my friend are fitter, I fall into the latter

Bravo.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    On the RJJ stuff are we? I got some creatin and whey protein, hasn't given me muscle...but then again I guess I am supposed to be consistent using it- will consider ripped fuel it works for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Good for you. Exercise is great soul medicine. I do a combo of weights, stretches and indoor cycling. 30'C daily here so you get off the bike dripping. You know you have worked.
    Correction dear fellow - it is good great health medicine- natural.
    Vagina is soul medicine.
    Every man I ever met who gets his dose of vagina is either confident, bold , cocky or all the above. Never met a shy guy, docile or weak-souled individual unsure of himself, yet swimming in vagina.
    Poo-nani can make a soft man strong. A kind guy, assertive and vagina can turn an assertive man into a dog ass man.
    True medicine for the Soul my boxing brother!
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 06-18-2020 at 08:30 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am definitely fitter during the lock down. I normally train 4 times per week but it is 5 because I have the time. I am like Carl Froch and record everything since 2006 and I am hitting some good times. It is mainly cardio work but doing more strength work on the cross trainer and indoor bike. I am also skipping with the boys who find it very easy doing the criss cross and other tricks.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So I am the undisciplined one then. Working at home, I just knocked off the rest of the moose track ice cream. And its 6:45 am.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    So I am the undisciplined one then. Working at home, I just knocked off the rest of the moose track ice cream. And its 6:45 am.
    If you powered walked to the freezer you are ok.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good work on the running. I fucking hate running. Stick a bat and ball into the mix and I've no problem doing a bit of running. But just running......

I've still got a bit of an itch to do one decent run, half marathon or summat. Not even sure why to be honest. Maybe 2021 is the year.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    That’s good and I admire the dedication but do you worry about the impact to your knees etc? Just asking. A few joggers I knew needed knee replacements but they were also military or fire department so that kind of work could have played a part. I’ve been on eastern herbal shit for years, I don’t knock it I’m sure it does some good but as I mentioned elsewhere these studies on beet supplements are showing it increases oxygen to our blood cells and I really do think it helps with energy. Good on you though, I know people really get into running, I only run if I’m being chased, besides that I power walk. Power walking looks very effeminate but I want to save my knees
    No. I more worry about crippled old people that cannot do it any longer, or fat people who have lost the will and are unhealthy and dying slowly in pain and misery.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Good work on the running. I fucking hate running. Stick a bat and ball into the mix and I've no problem doing a bit of running. But just running......

I've still got a bit of an itch to do one decent run, half marathon or summat. Not even sure why to be honest. Maybe 2021 is the year.
    I can't wait on baseball to restart. But I'm glad I went to the prep and highschool I did, because for physical education they preached the virtues of running a mile before we started. So my mind was used to it. lol..

But when I used to box in the am's, well, you saw the benefits of running when you hit the ring. Plus, I like the peace it gives me after I finish. The crisp, clear, mental state and focus is addicting. You REALLY feel good and energised. Brain working good and your skin and body feels radiant.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2014: Didn't jog

2015: Didn't jog

2016: Didn't jog

2017: Didn’t jog

2018: Didn’t jog

2019: Didn’t jog

2020: Still haven’t jogged

This is a running joke.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its 40 degrees Celsius here daily,. At 2 p.m. I've been running 2 miles a day on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays, followed by 60 push-ups, 60 crunches, 60 squats and truck tire flips from one end zone to the other on a football field. The truck tire weighs 160 lbs. Finish with 12 sprints at 50 yards each. This is 3 times a week.

Lost 14 pounds since March, now weigh 178 lbs.

Thread Information