Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Longest Combination/Volley Of Unanswered Punches Ever Thrown!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Longest Combination/Volley Of Unanswered Punches Ever Thrown!

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    wowo Katsidis and Earl holy--- here's 2 for you all: I saw this live btw --- starts right after a knockdown at 5:00 minute mark in the vid

81 unanswered punches and a felonious refereee to boot

lolol... man what the fuck was that? lolol... I never saw anything so negligent like that since the Alex Garcia vs Bernard Benton fiasco. lolol.... Padilla had to have been paid to let dude stay on his feet.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wowo Katsidis and Earl holy--- here's 2 for you all: I saw this live btw --- starts right after a knockdown at 5:00 minute mark in the vid

1st time seeing this. I concur, this fight wont be seen again by me unless it is like that Williams vs Jack Rare- by @powerpuncher posted. I 4got their names, or I wouldn't have watched it a 2nd time to remember such negligence from an official whose job is to protect the fighters from themselves!
    Man, Padilla was off his game, he looked green/rookieish, like he didn't know how to position himself.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Horrific shit. Sickening.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

1st time seeing this. I concur, this fight wont be seen again by me unless it is like that Williams vs Jack Rare- by @powerpuncher posted. I 4got their names, or I wouldn't have watched it a 2nd time to remember such negligence from an official whose job is to protect the fighters from themselves!
    Man, Padilla was off his game, he looked green/rookieish, like he didn't know how to position himself.
    Apparently the guy getting his ass kicked was Carlos De Leon. He was the champ. And how you KNOW it was full of shit and went off script because they had a rematch as this is ST Gordon vs Carlos De Leon 1. lol... De Leon won the rematch.

Padilla was paid to let De Leon- the champ- stay on his feet at all cost to keep the title. What a shame.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good call. I had not thought of that. I sometimes think the referee wants to see a guy get killed for some reason when they act in this irresponsible Manner.

Now that I think about it you are correct. The referee was giving Carlos Deleon every possible way to keep his title

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

Apparently the guy getting his ass kicked was Carlos De Leon. He was the champ. And how you KNOW it was full of shit and went off script because they had a rematch as this is ST Gordon vs Carlos De Leon 1. lol... De Leon won the rematch.

Padilla was paid to let De Leon- the champ- stay on his feet at all cost to keep the title. What a shame.
    I remembered the name De leon, but totally forgot who he was/looked like. There was another cruiser I used to confuse with him, something like Massimiliano Duran?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember Carlos De Leon getting destroyed systematically by Evander Holyfield when he unified the titles.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I remember Carlos De Leon getting destroyed systematically by Evander Holyfield when he unified the titles.
    some saw it as a curse on cruisers. I do remember back then not too many people felt the division needed to exist, then comes Holy & train wrecked the whole crew....leaving some to say - we told you the cruisers sucked. Thanks to U guys over there you helped it limp to crawl and walk! Usyk is what cruisers needed a long time ago! Haye @ Heavy made me forget what he did at cruiser...his fault. All his!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    some saw it as a curse on cruisers. I do remember back then not too many people felt the division needed to exist, then comes Holy & train wrecked the whole crew....leaving some to say - we told you the cruisers sucked. Thanks to U guys over there you helped it limp to crawl and walk! Usyk is what cruisers needed a long time ago! Haye @ Heavy made me forget what he did at cruiser...his fault. All his!
    Holyfield, Haye and Usyk have been the best at the weight but imagine if they had to take on Rocky or Louis. What brilliant contests they would have made.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was just thinking of Rocky Marciano versus evander holyfield at like 186 lb for example

I think holyfield would never get tired and that would be a really bad thing for Rocky Marciano because he used to win his fights because he never got tired

Now you have two guys who never get tired and who like to throw a lot of punches

God knows what would happen in that fight but the evander holyfield seems a lot bigger than Marciano

Holyfield is about 6 ft 2 I think but Marciano was only about 5 foot 11

Holyfield has an iron chin and it's hard to picture Marciano hurting him

holyfield took some bombs from Mike Tyson and did not even flinch

That would be one hell of a fight

Thread Information