Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I am looking forward to Michael Caine's performance in the edited version of - Zulu.
    I love that movie it’s played here on turner classics movies which also has some of these editorial announcements on some older movies I saw Zulu a few months ago it hadn’t been touched yet.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm gonna miss "Trading Places"

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

I love Trading Places too, partly for it's exposure of the racist attitudes of one of the brothers making the bet, Jamie Lee Curtis boobs, and of course Eddie Murphy's timing which is amazing. The thing is it is not banned. It just undermines the legitimacy of real concerns about censorship when people make up stuff to try and justify their own beliefs.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

I love Trading Places too, partly for it's exposure of the racist attitudes of one of the brothers making the bet, Jamie Lee Curtis boobs, and of course Eddie Murphy's timing which is amazing. The thing is it is not banned. It just undermines the legitimacy of real concerns about censorship when people make up stuff to try and justify their own beliefs.

The warnings themselves are arbitrary and make no sense, 'Tropic Thunder' has a warning? WHY? It's a satire of asshole method actors doing blackface and "going full retard" which serious actors have done and faced 0 backlash for.

For example...

Is Sean Penn mentally handicapped? Then why is there no warning label for this movie? What about Rainman? Is Dustin Hoffman mentally handicapped? Why no warning label?

'Trading Places' is a brilliant movie, it's hilarious, and yes one of the brothers is racist but it doesn't need a trigger warning label on it.

How the fuck is 'King Louie' from The Jungle Book racist especially in the cartoon version when he was voiced by Louie fucking Prima?!?!

'Aliens'? Aliens?!?!?!?

The warning labels are fucking dumb

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

The warnings themselves are arbitrary and make no sense, 'Tropic Thunder' has a warning? WHY? It's a satire of asshole method actors doing blackface and "going full retard" which serious actors have done and faced 0 backlash for.

For example...

Is Sean Penn mentally handicapped? Then why is there no warning label for this movie? What about Rainman? Is Dustin Hoffman mentally handicapped? Why no warning label?

'Trading Places' is a brilliant movie, it's hilarious, and yes one of the brothers is racist but it doesn't need a trigger warning label on it.

How the fuck is 'King Louie' from The Jungle Book racist especially in the cartoon version when he was voiced by Louie fucking Prima?!?!

'Aliens'? Aliens?!?!?!?

The warning labels are fucking dumb

Lots of things are fucking dumb if you are outraged by a few words before a movie you are a full on fucking broflake. Get over yourself.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Lots of things are fucking dumb if you are outraged by a few words before a movie you are a full on fucking broflake. Get over yourself.
    As per usual Beanz excuses stupidity.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just for clarification are these flicks, other than Gone with the Wind on a certain platform, actually going anywhere? Sounds like it’s literally a 2-3 line label to viewers almost like warnings that already exist on movies. Yeh def a little hyper sensitive but there’s a difference between chopping or 86ing them outright and a FYI label.

I mean seriously name any movie in the history of Hollywood and at least 1 line or scene can be highlighted as outdated, offensive or racially ‘whitewashed’. You’d literally have to delete the majority of Westerns from the early Century 30’s through 70’s. How many times did Burt Reynolds depict an Indian ffs. Aliens is a head scratcher. I thought it was for ‘Vazquez’. Ironic though as it spawned one of the most badass characters for a female lead over the movies and stood apart.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Just for clarification are these flicks, other than Gone with the Wind on a certain platform, actually going anywhere? Sounds like it’s literally a 2-3 line label to viewers almost like warnings that already exist on movies. Yeh def a little hyper sensitive but there’s a difference between chopping or 86ing them outright and a FYI label.

I mean seriously name any movie in the history of Hollywood and at least 1 line or scene can be highlighted as outdated, offensive or racially ‘whitewashed’. You’d literally have to delete the majority of Westerns from the early Century 30’s through 70’s. How many times did Burt Reynolds depict an Indian ffs. Aliens is a head scratcher. I thought it was for ‘Vazquez’. Ironic though as it spawned one of the most badass characters for a female lead over the movies and stood apart.

No they are not going anywhere. Which is why i have said about a trillion times in this thread already, that people love to exaggerate.

(And manufacture outrage)
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nowhere did i condone or approve your stupidity.

If your idea of censorship is not having the right to demand a private company remove a warning from a product they have paid for the rights to, you probably need to have a little more grit sprinkled in your shoes... softy.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Warnings like what? Don't record this & sell on the black market? Or "This movie contains nudity, profane language, sexual content, etc" .....the warnings have only gotten longer you've got to warn people about smoking these days. Why? Who is the target audience for these warnings? And as you see from the list of films the warnings themselves are arbitrary and lump everything together regardless of if it's satire or a comedy or serious. 'Tropic Thunder' is offensive? Really? To who?

If your idea of censorship is not having the right to demand a private company remove a warning from a product they have paid for the rights to, you probably need to have a little more grit sprinkled in your shoes... softy.
    Ironic how Mr. Photographer, Mr. Punk Rock is ok with warning labels on art. I guess you wouldn't remember Tipper Gore and the PMRC who slapped a warning label on Frank Zappa's entirely INSTRUMENTAL album, Danzig skirted the PMRC with the lyrics in 'Mother', Dee Snider of 'Twisted Sister' railed against Tipper Gore in front of Congress, NOFX wrote 'The PMRC Can Suck on This'......and yet here you are defending this warning label. How very punk of you

It ain't my place to speak over the artist's meaning or crowd their style. I can have an opinion on art, but I don't require a warning Grandma.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warnings like what? Don't record this & sell on the black market? Or "This movie contains nudity, profane language, sexual content, etc" .....the warnings have only gotten longer you've got to warn people about smoking these days. Why? Who is the target audience for these warnings? And as you see from the list of films the warnings themselves are arbitrary and lump everything together regardless of if it's satire or a comedy or serious. 'Tropic Thunder' is offensive? Really? To who?

Ironic how Mr. Photographer, Mr. Punk Rock is ok with warning labels on art. I guess you wouldn't remember Tipper Gore and the PMRC who slapped a warning label on Frank Zappa's entirely INSTRUMENTAL album, Danzig skirted the PMRC with the lyrics in 'Mother', Dee Snider of 'Twisted Sister' railed against Tipper Gore in front of Congress, NOFX wrote 'The PMRC Can Suck on This'......and yet here you are defending this warning label. How very punk of you

It ain't my place to speak over the artist's meaning or crowd their style. I can have an opinion on art, but I don't require a warning Grandma.

Unlike you, i don't suck Murdoch's cock so i don't have to read any warnings.

This is just you stamping your feet and demanding that people be outraged like the Politically Correct Corporate boot licking arsehole you have always been.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

This is just you stamping your feet and demanding that people be outraged like the Politically Correct Corporate boot licking arsehole you have always been.
    Thought you said the warning labels were Murdoch's idea so he wouldn't be sued?

Ha!

So they are still showing them but including a legal disclaimer because Murdoch doesn't want to be sued or something?

If I support Political Correctness why would I oppose the warning labels?

Are you having trouble comprehending this Beanz?

I believe in what Mark Twain said “Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.”

El Kabong Guest

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thought you said the warning labels were Murdoch's idea so he wouldn't be sued?

Ha!

So they are still showing them but including a legal disclaimer because Murdoch doesn't want to be sued or something?

If I support Political Correctness why would I oppose the warning labels?

Are you having trouble comprehending this Beanz?

I believe in what Mark Twain said “Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.”
    Unlike you I don't buy the Sun, watch Fox or subscribe to Sky. So I don't have to read the bloke you supports warnings. The fact remains though that the films are still available unedited. Nobody is telling you that you can't deep throat as much prime beefcake as you want.

And still you seem to be forgetting that being politically correct is not just something misused by people on the left. Right Wing prissy nutjobs like you are just as bad. Here you are in all seriousness as a staunch defender of decidedly anti Christian hyper capitalism insisting that a private subscription company should be prevented from deciding to include a warning before an unedited film, purely because you personally are so pathetic, you are offended by some words on screen.

The irony is delicious.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Unlike you I don't buy the Sun, watch Fox or subscribe to Sky.
    I don't buy The Sun, I have watched both Fox & FoxNews but I no longer have cable, and I've never watched Sky. However, the warnings aren't only being placed on Sky. HBO/Max has provided a lecture for 'Gone With The Wind'. One that I do not need or want to see as I know of the historical context of both the Civil War and era around 1939 when the movie was produced.

So I don't have to read the bloke you supports warnings. The fact remains though that the films are still available unedited. Nobody is telling you that you can't deep throat as much prime beefcake as you want.

And still you seem to be forgetting that being politically correct is not just something misused by people on the left. Right Wing prissy nutjobs like you are just as bad. Here you are in all seriousness as a staunch defender of decidedly anti Christian hyper capitalism insisting that a private subscription company should be prevented from deciding to include a warning before an unedited film, purely because you personally are so pathetic, you are offended by some words on screen.

The irony is delicious.
    Again, I don't pretend to speak for the artists and I don't care if it's "Piss Christ" or "The Greatest Story Ever Told" artists should have their say and nobody should step in front of them to attempt to explain their art to their audience.

But I guess Mr. Punk Rock feels differently about that.....indeed, delicious irony, on that we can agree.

Thread Information