Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  37
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 129

Thread: Sky Race Warnings on movies

Share/Bookmark
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,847
    Mentioned
    849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1086
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Do I have to be making a point?

    I was highlighting the warnings sky were putting on their movies if you read the fucking post.

    Did I say you could no longer watch.

    Started down a path that will see more films than not needing a warning
    I read the post but the immediate knee jerk over reaction of most was to assert that everything was being banned. Even you said 'everything has gone to fuck.'

    What is really insane is pointing out people being tortured and imprisoned (including British Citizens) for refusing to censor stories etc and being told to shut up you SJW snowflake, and then those same people bursting into tears and stamping their feet over a warning before a bloody film ffs.

    What a bunch of soft lads. Seriously lame.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,065
    Mentioned
    1518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2758
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Well yeh the standard rating system warnings they do. As long as I can recall there’s been advisories for shows or movies on public air and sure they’ve added in as times change. Like I said I’d rather that than editing out or censoring movies. But that’s also been done for the longest. Studios often rework versions both for ‘public’ aka free commercial network vs an HBO or theater etc. As long as I can get the uncut version than as a consumer that’s where I’ll go. Do they really have warnings for smoking in movies?? Truth is I haven’t been to a theater in years but haven’t seen a warning for it on a Netflix or Hulu etc. I know they prohibit paid product placement for tobacco but unsure of a mandated warning.

    Netflix to introduce smoking warnings to its ratings system
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...atings-system/
    The Man With No Name is about to be slapped with a health warning. Netflix is to add smoking to its online rating system, listing it alongside scenes of sex and violence.

    Classic films that will be branded for their tobacco content include The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, in which Clint Eastwood is rarely seen without a cigarillo between his lips.

    All future films made by Netflix will omit smoking unless the writer and director can prove it is “essential to the creative vision” of the project. A remake of Sergio Leone’s spaghetti western would be unlikely to feature Eastwood drawling: “After a meal, there’s nothing like a good cigar.”

    From Princess Margaret in The Crown to Don Draper in Mad Men, Kristin Scott Thomas in Four Weddings and a Funeral to Renee Zellweger in Bridget Jones’s Diary, some of film and television’s most memorable characters have a cigarette in their hand.

    All will merit smoking warnings under new rules announced yesterday(7/3/19) by the US streaming service, along with a ban on smoking in all new content (a TV-14 or below rating for television, PG-13 or below for film) aimed at young people except “for reasons of historical or factual accuracy”.

    Higher-rated projects will only include smoking if it is “essential to the creative vision of the artist or because it’s character-defining (historically or culturally important).”




    All I'm saying is allow artists to create art.
    Yeh now ya see that’s just dumb. I can see a line affixed to the general rating system as passable but no go at all at omitting content. Isn’t that the whole point of a rating system in the first place, adult material sexual content, gore, blah blah gets slapped with an R rating. It fixes itself it would seem. I highly doubt there will be a stringent follow through of actually chopping content and if their is than better buckle up for some lawsuits as said content was created and distributed under standing laws etc. Censoring a cigar in a scene while gunning down five whiskey swilling hombres seems a little assbackwards and unlikely but we’ll see.
    I noticed that smoking warning on Netflix has been around for a few months unless they are making even a bigger deal about it now.
    I dunno man I had a helluva slow day at work so had a look. Cape Fear, Good the Bad and the Ugly and even something called ‘Rolling Papers’ and there was no sight of a smoking tag. Oddly Fear had a strong violence, language and suspense but nothing else. Clint has his stogies and Rolling Papers just listed ‘substances and language’ but it was rated TV MA. I forgot how sadistic Cape Fear was btw, dude was sick.
    I can’t comment on cape fear as I didn’t watch it on Netflix but I watched a documentary and one of the warnings was smoking. It was a documentary on innocent people who did a bunch a jail time. By the way you should watch the original cape fear if you haven’t yet, good stuff.
    Robert Mitchum was badass!
    And Gregory Peck kicks some serious ass they were both great actors I have to say I prefer the original but I’m partial to the classics anyway
    Robert De Niro did not do a bad job in the remake. Very sinister.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,847
    Mentioned
    849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1086
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Well yeh the standard rating system warnings they do. As long as I can recall there’s been advisories for shows or movies on public air and sure they’ve added in as times change. Like I said I’d rather that than editing out or censoring movies. But that’s also been done for the longest. Studios often rework versions both for ‘public’ aka free commercial network vs an HBO or theater etc. As long as I can get the uncut version than as a consumer that’s where I’ll go. Do they really have warnings for smoking in movies?? Truth is I haven’t been to a theater in years but haven’t seen a warning for it on a Netflix or Hulu etc. I know they prohibit paid product placement for tobacco but unsure of a mandated warning.

    Netflix to introduce smoking warnings to its ratings system
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...atings-system/
    The Man With No Name is about to be slapped with a health warning. Netflix is to add smoking to its online rating system, listing it alongside scenes of sex and violence.

    Classic films that will be branded for their tobacco content include The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, in which Clint Eastwood is rarely seen without a cigarillo between his lips.

    All future films made by Netflix will omit smoking unless the writer and director can prove it is “essential to the creative vision” of the project. A remake of Sergio Leone’s spaghetti western would be unlikely to feature Eastwood drawling: “After a meal, there’s nothing like a good cigar.”

    From Princess Margaret in The Crown to Don Draper in Mad Men, Kristin Scott Thomas in Four Weddings and a Funeral to Renee Zellweger in Bridget Jones’s Diary, some of film and television’s most memorable characters have a cigarette in their hand.

    All will merit smoking warnings under new rules announced yesterday(7/3/19) by the US streaming service, along with a ban on smoking in all new content (a TV-14 or below rating for television, PG-13 or below for film) aimed at young people except “for reasons of historical or factual accuracy”.

    Higher-rated projects will only include smoking if it is “essential to the creative vision of the artist or because it’s character-defining (historically or culturally important).”




    All I'm saying is allow artists to create art.
    Yeh now ya see that’s just dumb. I can see a line affixed to the general rating system as passable but no go at all at omitting content. Isn’t that the whole point of a rating system in the first place, adult material sexual content, gore, blah blah gets slapped with an R rating. It fixes itself it would seem. I highly doubt there will be a stringent follow through of actually chopping content and if their is than better buckle up for some lawsuits as said content was created and distributed under standing laws etc. Censoring a cigar in a scene while gunning down five whiskey swilling hombres seems a little assbackwards and unlikely but we’ll see.
    I noticed that smoking warning on Netflix has been around for a few months unless they are making even a bigger deal about it now.
    I dunno man I had a helluva slow day at work so had a look. Cape Fear, Good the Bad and the Ugly and even something called ‘Rolling Papers’ and there was no sight of a smoking tag. Oddly Fear had a strong violence, language and suspense but nothing else. Clint has his stogies and Rolling Papers just listed ‘substances and language’ but it was rated TV MA. I forgot how sadistic Cape Fear was btw, dude was sick.
    I can’t comment on cape fear as I didn’t watch it on Netflix but I watched a documentary and one of the warnings was smoking. It was a documentary on innocent people who did a bunch a jail time. By the way you should watch the original cape fear if you haven’t yet, good stuff.
    Robert Mitchum was badass!
    And Gregory Peck kicks some serious ass they were both great actors I have to say I prefer the original but I’m partial to the classics anyway
    Robert De Niro did not do a bad job in the remake. Very sinister.
    Both great films. Used to have them as a bundled box set. Nick Nolte is hugely underrated and is fantastic in the remake. Check out Scorceses 'Life Lessons' a short with Nolte as a painter.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    19,475
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1543
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Do I have to be making a point?

    I was highlighting the warnings sky were putting on their movies if you read the fucking post.

    Did I say you could no longer watch.

    Started down a path that will see more films than not needing a warning
    I read the post but the immediate knee jerk over reaction of most was to assert that everything was being banned. Even you said 'everything has gone to fuck.'

    What is really insane is pointing out people being tortured and imprisoned (including British Citizens) for refusing to censor stories etc and being told to shut up you SJW snowflake, and then those same people bursting into tears and stamping their feet over a warning before a bloody film ffs.

    What a bunch of soft lads. Seriously lame.
    What utter utter bullshit. Literally no one said anything was being banned.

    You're outraged over outrage that doesn't exist. You've invented an argument to make an completely redundant point.

    If you read anything other than 'these warnings are a bit daft' into the opening post then you got it wrong. Intentionally by the sounds of it.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

    Charley Burley

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    8,155
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1594
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    U
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Do I have to be making a point?

    I was highlighting the warnings sky were putting on their movies if you read the fucking post.

    Did I say you could no longer watch.

    Started down a path that will see more films than not needing a warning
    I read the post but the immediate knee jerk over reaction of most was to assert that everything was being banned. Even you said 'everything has gone to fuck.'

    What is really insane is pointing out people being tortured and imprisoned (including British Citizens) for refusing to censor stories etc and being told to shut up you SJW snowflake, and then those same people bursting into tears and stamping their feet over a warning before a bloody film ffs.

    What a bunch of soft lads. Seriously lame.
    Way off the mark Beanz. I was saying how ridiculous it was - warnings when not needed. That some can’t even understand.

    Did you often read an exam question at school then respond to something totally different ?
    Last edited by Mark TKO; 06-23-2020 at 09:54 AM.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    8,155
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1594
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Easy to confuse the word warnings and banned I guess
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    48,969
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Do I have to be making a point?

    I was highlighting the warnings sky were putting on their movies if you read the fucking post.

    Did I say you could no longer watch.

    Started down a path that will see more films than not needing a warning
    I read the post but the immediate knee jerk over reaction of most was to assert that everything was being banned. Even you said 'everything has gone to fuck.'

    What is really insane is pointing out people being tortured and imprisoned (including British Citizens) for refusing to censor stories etc and being told to shut up you SJW snowflake, and then those same people bursting into tears and stamping their feet over a warning before a bloody film ffs.

    What a bunch of soft lads. Seriously lame.
    It is a slippery slope. It starts gentle but with society as it is it can get bad fast.

    My wife likes Breakfast at Tiffany's. I said to her yesterday are you offended by the fake Asian man? She rolled her eyes and said 'Of course not. It is just comedic caricature.' Completely true, but in the West just RACISM! RACISM! Volume down please!

    If nobody is offended then why even bother? And if people are offended then why are they so fragile? It has been fine for 50 years. What happened?

    What are you even moaning about? Aren't you the king of the ignore button and still ranting about things people apologized for yonks ago?

    Crikey.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,847
    Mentioned
    849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1086
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Do I have to be making a point?

    I was highlighting the warnings sky were putting on their movies if you read the fucking post.

    Did I say you could no longer watch.

    Started down a path that will see more films than not needing a warning
    I read the post but the immediate knee jerk over reaction of most was to assert that everything was being banned. Even you said 'everything has gone to fuck.'

    What is really insane is pointing out people being tortured and imprisoned (including British Citizens) for refusing to censor stories etc and being told to shut up you SJW snowflake, and then those same people bursting into tears and stamping their feet over a warning before a bloody film ffs.

    What a bunch of soft lads. Seriously lame.
    What utter utter bullshit. Literally no one said anything was being banned.

    You're outraged over outrage that doesn't exist. You've invented an argument to make an completely redundant point.

    If you read anything other than 'these warnings are a bit daft' into the opening post then you got it wrong. Intentionally by the sounds of it.

    Here we go. I am not outraged. Why would i be outraged by a load of middle aged blokes wanting to cry into their breakfast? You are full of shit mate.



    if you think


    "Burn it all down, just fuck everything" El Kabong

    "Insane... the world is fucked" Mark TKO

    "Movie Massacre" Tittyfan

    "This is what happens when you start censoring free speech"
    Bruce Icke TIC

    "I'm gonna miss "Trading Places" - TittyFan

    "That may not be book burning, but it is certainly tearing out several pages 'for your own good'. This is a Communist/Fascist slippery slope."
    - Gladys



    are examples of nobody being outraged or saying anything is being banned, then it seems you are the one inventing an argument to make a completely redundant point.


    I did not misread Mark's Opening post. I just assume it was a given that most people would agree a lot of the warnings were unnecessary or misguided. I try to think the best of my fellow man but i log on here and it is like a time machine of grumpy old farts from the 70's. Don't tell me that Blazing Saddles and Zulu were brought by Al with perfectly innocent intentions...ha! and then look at the outrage in some of the other replies, both Spicoli and Tittyfan were under the mistaken impression that some of the films were actually banned.

    If anything it is funny for me to read El Kabong get on his moral high horse when the bloke would shoot you for using certain words, and has a least a thousand threads with bullet points explaining who and what he would liked banned in mind numbingly boring detail. Gladys the same. Those two are so proud of their anti-wokeness worn as a badge of pride, it makes you worry that they might be seriously dangerous if there was not some issue for them to express counter-outrage over every day.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    48,969
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Yes, not even showing Little Britain which is soft stuff is the same as book burning. It hurts nobody and many more enjoy than are bothered by it. Always give people choice over nannying.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    8,155
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1594
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Amazing how threads turn out.

    The world is fucked - my opinion. And when threads like this go this way thats even more evidence it is.

    I'm offended
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    19,475
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1543
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Do I have to be making a point?

    I was highlighting the warnings sky were putting on their movies if you read the fucking post.

    Did I say you could no longer watch.

    Started down a path that will see more films than not needing a warning
    I read the post but the immediate knee jerk over reaction of most was to assert that everything was being banned. Even you said 'everything has gone to fuck.'

    What is really insane is pointing out people being tortured and imprisoned (including British Citizens) for refusing to censor stories etc and being told to shut up you SJW snowflake, and then those same people bursting into tears and stamping their feet over a warning before a bloody film ffs.

    What a bunch of soft lads. Seriously lame.
    What utter utter bullshit. Literally no one said anything was being banned.

    You're outraged over outrage that doesn't exist. You've invented an argument to make an completely redundant point.

    If you read anything other than 'these warnings are a bit daft' into the opening post then you got it wrong. Intentionally by the sounds of it.

    Here we go. I am not outraged. Why would i be outraged by a load of middle aged blokes wanting to cry into their breakfast? You are full of shit mate.



    if you think


    "Burn it all down, just fuck everything" El Kabong

    "Insane... the world is fucked" Mark TKO

    "Movie Massacre" Tittyfan

    "This is what happens when you start censoring free speech"
    Bruce Icke TIC

    "I'm gonna miss "Trading Places" - TittyFan

    "That may not be book burning, but it is certainly tearing out several pages 'for your own good'. This is a Communist/Fascist slippery slope."
    - Gladys



    are examples of nobody being outraged or saying anything is being banned, then it seems you are the one inventing an argument to make a completely redundant point.


    I did not misread Mark's Opening post. I just assume it was a given that most people would agree a lot of the warnings were unnecessary or misguided. I try to think the best of my fellow man but i log on here and it is like a time machine of grumpy old farts from the 70's. Don't tell me that Blazing Saddles and Zulu were brought by Al with perfectly innocent intentions...ha! and then look at the outrage in some of the other replies, both Spicoli and Tittyfan were under the mistaken impression that some of the films were actually banned.

    If anything it is funny for me to read El Kabong get on his moral high horse when the bloke would shoot you for using certain words, and has a least a thousand threads with bullet points explaining who and what he would liked banned in mind numbingly boring detail. Gladys the same. Those two are so proud of their anti-wokeness worn as a badge of pride, it makes you worry that they might be seriously dangerous if there was not some issue for them to express counter-outrage over every day.
    And yet you seemingly get to decide who is outraged? But god forbid anyone accuse you of the same? No one is crying into anything beanz. You invented the whole thing out of sheer arrogance.

    You've taken a completely harmless thread and handful of comments and turned it into something it never was, based on a lie.

    This, is a lie

    I read the post but the immediate knee jerk over reaction of most was to assert that everything was being banned
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

    Charley Burley

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,367
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Well yeh the standard rating system warnings they do. As long as I can recall there’s been advisories for shows or movies on public air and sure they’ve added in as times change. Like I said I’d rather that than editing out or censoring movies. But that’s also been done for the longest. Studios often rework versions both for ‘public’ aka free commercial network vs an HBO or theater etc. As long as I can get the uncut version than as a consumer that’s where I’ll go. Do they really have warnings for smoking in movies?? Truth is I haven’t been to a theater in years but haven’t seen a warning for it on a Netflix or Hulu etc. I know they prohibit paid product placement for tobacco but unsure of a mandated warning.

    Netflix to introduce smoking warnings to its ratings system
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...atings-system/
    The Man With No Name is about to be slapped with a health warning. Netflix is to add smoking to its online rating system, listing it alongside scenes of sex and violence.

    Classic films that will be branded for their tobacco content include The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, in which Clint Eastwood is rarely seen without a cigarillo between his lips.

    All future films made by Netflix will omit smoking unless the writer and director can prove it is “essential to the creative vision” of the project. A remake of Sergio Leone’s spaghetti western would be unlikely to feature Eastwood drawling: “After a meal, there’s nothing like a good cigar.”

    From Princess Margaret in The Crown to Don Draper in Mad Men, Kristin Scott Thomas in Four Weddings and a Funeral to Renee Zellweger in Bridget Jones’s Diary, some of film and television’s most memorable characters have a cigarette in their hand.

    All will merit smoking warnings under new rules announced yesterday(7/3/19) by the US streaming service, along with a ban on smoking in all new content (a TV-14 or below rating for television, PG-13 or below for film) aimed at young people except “for reasons of historical or factual accuracy”.

    Higher-rated projects will only include smoking if it is “essential to the creative vision of the artist or because it’s character-defining (historically or culturally important).”




    All I'm saying is allow artists to create art.
    Yeh now ya see that’s just dumb. I can see a line affixed to the general rating system as passable but no go at all at omitting content. Isn’t that the whole point of a rating system in the first place, adult material sexual content, gore, blah blah gets slapped with an R rating. It fixes itself it would seem. I highly doubt there will be a stringent follow through of actually chopping content and if their is than better buckle up for some lawsuits as said content was created and distributed under standing laws etc. Censoring a cigar in a scene while gunning down five whiskey swilling hombres seems a little assbackwards and unlikely but we’ll see.
    I noticed that smoking warning on Netflix has been around for a few months unless they are making even a bigger deal about it now.
    I dunno man I had a helluva slow day at work so had a look. Cape Fear, Good the Bad and the Ugly and even something called ‘Rolling Papers’ and there was no sight of a smoking tag. Oddly Fear had a strong violence, language and suspense but nothing else. Clint has his stogies and Rolling Papers just listed ‘substances and language’ but it was rated TV MA. I forgot how sadistic Cape Fear was btw, dude was sick.
    I can’t comment on cape fear as I didn’t watch it on Netflix but I watched a documentary and one of the warnings was smoking. It was a documentary on innocent people who did a bunch a jail time. By the way you should watch the original cape fear if you haven’t yet, good stuff.
    Robert Mitchum was badass!
    And Gregory Peck kicks some serious ass they were both great actors I have to say I prefer the original but I’m partial to the classics anyway
    Robert De Niro did not do a bad job in the remake. Very sinister.
    Didn’t mean to imply to remake is no good. Deniro and Nolte did excellent I’m just a bit more partial to the original. By the way Lawrence of Arabia was on Sunday here, what a great film. I missed the first hour or so didn’t see the warnings if they were added yet

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,847
    Mentioned
    849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1086
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Do I have to be making a point?

    I was highlighting the warnings sky were putting on their movies if you read the fucking post.

    Did I say you could no longer watch.

    Started down a path that will see more films than not needing a warning
    I read the post but the immediate knee jerk over reaction of most was to assert that everything was being banned. Even you said 'everything has gone to fuck.'

    What is really insane is pointing out people being tortured and imprisoned (including British Citizens) for refusing to censor stories etc and being told to shut up you SJW snowflake, and then those same people bursting into tears and stamping their feet over a warning before a bloody film ffs.

    What a bunch of soft lads. Seriously lame.
    What utter utter bullshit. Literally no one said anything was being banned.

    You're outraged over outrage that doesn't exist. You've invented an argument to make an completely redundant point.

    If you read anything other than 'these warnings are a bit daft' into the opening post then you got it wrong. Intentionally by the sounds of it.

    Here we go. I am not outraged. Why would i be outraged by a load of middle aged blokes wanting to cry into their breakfast? You are full of shit mate.



    if you think


    "Burn it all down, just fuck everything" El Kabong

    "Insane... the world is fucked" Mark TKO

    "Movie Massacre" Tittyfan

    "This is what happens when you start censoring free speech"
    Bruce Icke TIC

    "I'm gonna miss "Trading Places" - TittyFan

    "That may not be book burning, but it is certainly tearing out several pages 'for your own good'. This is a Communist/Fascist slippery slope."
    - Gladys



    are examples of nobody being outraged or saying anything is being banned, then it seems you are the one inventing an argument to make a completely redundant point.


    I did not misread Mark's Opening post. I just assume it was a given that most people would agree a lot of the warnings were unnecessary or misguided. I try to think the best of my fellow man but i log on here and it is like a time machine of grumpy old farts from the 70's. Don't tell me that Blazing Saddles and Zulu were brought by Al with perfectly innocent intentions...ha! and then look at the outrage in some of the other replies, both Spicoli and Tittyfan were under the mistaken impression that some of the films were actually banned.

    If anything it is funny for me to read El Kabong get on his moral high horse when the bloke would shoot you for using certain words, and has a least a thousand threads with bullet points explaining who and what he would liked banned in mind numbingly boring detail. Gladys the same. Those two are so proud of their anti-wokeness worn as a badge of pride, it makes you worry that they might be seriously dangerous if there was not some issue for them to express counter-outrage over every day.
    And yet you seemingly get to decide who is outraged? But god forbid anyone accuse you of the same? No one is crying into anything beanz. You invented the whole thing out of sheer arrogance.

    You've taken a completely harmless thread and handful of comments and turned it into something it never was, based on a lie.

    This, is a lie

    I read the post but the immediate knee jerk over reaction of most was to assert that everything was being banned

    Most? was that your issue? Surely you can't read the replies contained and not see that is what was being inferred. It's not court mate, its a forum.


    I am personally judged to be outraged and angry in every post that i make (So much so, even you fall for it. ) so i can uinderstand why one should not jump to those conclusion.



    But don't pretend that all these fellas quotes were just invented. That is literally what they said in order to either express their outrage, or the fact that they thought films were being banned.

    So you have people saying 'I'm going to miss this film' and 'are any of these films actually banned?' and you are now pretending that i made it up?


    You are just employing the very pendantry you are accusing me of.

    I am not going to say 'Take a chill pill you furious outraged angry mad bastard' because that would be utter and complete bollocks but it is what you are doing now.


    Are you seriously telling me you did not think any outrage was implied from GlamRolf and El Kabong comparing it to buck burning and claiming like Vivien Leigh "Burn it all down, just fuck everything"


    You could hardly express outrage any more succinctly.


    They should be on the stage.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,847
    Mentioned
    849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1086
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Dread to think what 'Buck Burning' is
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    60,105
    Mentioned
    533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3041
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    @Beanz I would like to apologize personally to you, I'm sorry.


    I'm sorry that I feel as though people are developed enough to enjoy entertainment without extra warnings added onto other warnings. I'm sorry I feel as though art (film included) should be allowed to be viewed without preparing people to brace for an assumed emotional impact. I apologize because I can understand and even appreciate satire and comedy. I was unaware that humorless bureaucrats knew better than me. You have truly opened my eyes to this, thank you.


    May we all one day have the emotional intelligence quotient of Beanz here. We should be so lucky to open our eyes every morning and see naught but Nazis and Racists.


    Sincerely,


    El Kabong
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-26-2014, 08:35 PM
  2. live flood warnings for uk
    By ruthless rocco in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 07:34 PM
  3. People who use the Race Card and Race Baiters
    By generalbulldog in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 11:29 PM
  4. No. 1 P4P race between PBF and Pac
    By spine_buster in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-23-2006, 03:55 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing