Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  37
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 129

Thread: Sky Race Warnings on movies

Share/Bookmark
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    19,478
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1543
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    He should also apologise for Theophilus P Wildebeeste. Not for any race related matters. Just apologise man.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

    Charley Burley

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,852
    Mentioned
    849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1086
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    You know I just read my opening post again. So should you Beanz.

    I said about the warnings then said ‘fair enough’ but to have a look at some on the list where this might lead withe other films. I then said that the Aliens one was baffling. And here we are.

    When is Lenny Henry going to apologise for True Identity ?
    I already reread it twice mate. I am not accusing you of saying everything is banned or being outraged. There are plenty of posters here though who are outraged by the very idea of anything changing at all.

    This thread demonstrates that stubborn intransigence very clearly. There is a big problem with racism in the UK and the US and this forum reflects that.

    A lot of it is this insistence by many that there is no problem. Flat out denial. Then there is whataboutery and the forum favourite

    'False Equivalence'

    Lenny Henry has spoken for years now about regrets of being used as a political football, worse because he was little more than a child. Being part of the Black and White minstrels, feeling compelled to make jokes parodying himself and his race because he felt he had to do that to be accepted is nothing like equivalent to him playing a character disguising himself to avoid the mob in a film.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    48,969
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    You know I just read my opening post again. So should you Beanz.

    I said about the warnings then said ‘fair enough’ but to have a look at some on the list where this might lead withe other films. I then said that the Aliens one was baffling. And here we are.

    When is Lenny Henry going to apologise for True Identity ?
    I already reread it twice mate. I am not accusing you of saying everything is banned or being outraged. There are plenty of posters here though who are outraged by the very idea of anything changing at all.

    This thread demonstrates that stubborn intransigence very clearly. There is a big problem with racism in the UK and the US and this forum reflects that.

    A lot of it is this insistence by many that there is no problem. Flat out denial. Then there is whataboutery and the forum favourite

    'False Equivalence'

    Lenny Henry has spoken for years now about regrets of being used as a political football, worse because he was little more than a child. Being part of the Black and White minstrels, feeling compelled to make jokes parodying himself and his race because he felt he had to do that to be accepted is nothing like equivalent to him playing a character disguising himself to avoid the mob in a film.
    True.

    Is this a false equivalence? Will trigger warnings stop this?

    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...in-park-attack

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,852
    Mentioned
    849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1086
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    You know I just read my opening post again. So should you Beanz.

    I said about the warnings then said ‘fair enough’ but to have a look at some on the list where this might lead withe other films. I then said that the Aliens one was baffling. And here we are.

    When is Lenny Henry going to apologise for True Identity ?
    I already reread it twice mate. I am not accusing you of saying everything is banned or being outraged. There are plenty of posters here though who are outraged by the very idea of anything changing at all.

    This thread demonstrates that stubborn intransigence very clearly. There is a big problem with racism in the UK and the US and this forum reflects that.

    A lot of it is this insistence by many that there is no problem. Flat out denial. Then there is whataboutery and the forum favourite

    'False Equivalence'

    Lenny Henry has spoken for years now about regrets of being used as a political football, worse because he was little more than a child. Being part of the Black and White minstrels, feeling compelled to make jokes parodying himself and his race because he felt he had to do that to be accepted is nothing like equivalent to him playing a character disguising himself to avoid the mob in a film.
    True.

    Is this a false equivalence? Will trigger warnings stop this?

    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...in-park-attack

    Yes it is a good example of false equivalence and your seeming inability to act like an adult, get your own thoughts and room in order, or hide your own sick agenda driven insanity. There is simply no comparison with warning about portrayals of racism in films, however warranted or misguided, and a clearly mentally ill terrorist/criminal killing people as reported on by the very press you would without blinking lie and pretend never reported it.

    False Equivalence.

    You and El Kabong are among the most triggered people on the forum. It is an uncomfortable truth but you are like a pair of cats jumping in a frozen rigid trance of terror after seeing a cucumber. You do not even live in the UK or USA for fucks sake and yet your ability to be triggered is almost unrivaled.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    8,159
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1594
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Seeing the length of some of these responses to make points make me glad I'm rarely 'triggered'

    I prefer a simple "fuck you shit arse" or "when and where?"
    Type response
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    48,969
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    You know I just read my opening post again. So should you Beanz.

    I said about the warnings then said ‘fair enough’ but to have a look at some on the list where this might lead withe other films. I then said that the Aliens one was baffling. And here we are.

    When is Lenny Henry going to apologise for True Identity ?
    I already reread it twice mate. I am not accusing you of saying everything is banned or being outraged. There are plenty of posters here though who are outraged by the very idea of anything changing at all.

    This thread demonstrates that stubborn intransigence very clearly. There is a big problem with racism in the UK and the US and this forum reflects that.

    A lot of it is this insistence by many that there is no problem. Flat out denial. Then there is whataboutery and the forum favourite

    'False Equivalence'

    Lenny Henry has spoken for years now about regrets of being used as a political football, worse because he was little more than a child. Being part of the Black and White minstrels, feeling compelled to make jokes parodying himself and his race because he felt he had to do that to be accepted is nothing like equivalent to him playing a character disguising himself to avoid the mob in a film.
    True.

    Is this a false equivalence? Will trigger warnings stop this?

    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...in-park-attack

    Yes it is a good example of false equivalence and your seeming inability to act like an adult, get your own thoughts and room in order, or hide your own sick agenda driven insanity. There is simply no comparison with warning about portrayals of racism in films, however warranted or misguided, and a clearly mentally ill terrorist/criminal killing people as reported on by the very press you would without blinking lie and pretend never reported it.

    False Equivalence.

    You and El Kabong are among the most triggered people on the forum. It is an uncomfortable truth but you are like a pair of cats jumping in a frozen rigid trance of terror after seeing a cucumber. You do not even live in the UK or USA for fucks sake and yet your ability to be triggered is almost unrivaled.
    White people killed in England is not like Black people killed in America. I am glad we agree.

    So why are you so into statues being toppled in the UK over crimes in America?

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    48,969
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    I am getting hip to it. Yeah, only 'Black Lives Matter'. Of course it is different whence the different response. 🤯

    All Lives Matter.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    22,069
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1702
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    The Ultimate Insult (in Saddo Land)


    Guy #1: You're dumb.
    Guy #2: Oh yeah? Well... you're stupid.

    Guy #1: You're narrow-minded.
    Guy #2: Oh yeah? Well... you're inflexible and inconsiderate.

    Guy #1: You're naive.
    Guy #2: Oh yeah? Well... you're deluded.

    Guy #1: YDKSAB.
    Guy #2: Oh yeah? Well... you know even less.

    Guy #1: You're gay.
    Guy #2: Oh yeah? Well... you're trans.

    Guy #1: You're angry.
    Guy #2: (gasp) Wha.. uhh.. well... (sob, sniffle) C'mon man... why did you have to go there?

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    19,478
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1543
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    You mad bro?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

    Charley Burley

  10. #115
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    22,069
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1702
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies


  11. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,852
    Mentioned
    849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1086
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I am getting hip to it. Yeah, only 'Black Lives Matter'. Of course it is different whence the different response. ������

    All Lives Matter.
    Don't be so fallacious. You are using a both a strawman argument and a false dilemma to weasel out of tidying your room.

    I have never claimed that ONLY Black Lives Matter or that All Lives DO NOT matter. That is just a very dumb strawman argument you can pretend is my position.Purely because i presume you cannot bring yourself to agree with the statement, and not that you only posses marginally more debating power than that present in Worzel Gummidges 'thinking head'.

    You are presenting it as a false dilemma to hide your own blatant racism. There is nothing inherently dangerous or anti white in agreeing that Black Lives Matter.


    It is the same false Dilemma that El Kabong presents when claiming that everything is fucked based on Sky putting a warning before a film. As though not agreeing with his very elastic and moveable goalposts as to what he claims is permissible and not, and declining to waste energy on something so trivial, means one is an enemy of art, or not a punk, or somehow a supporter of actual censorship. and that the result is the fall of Western Civilization.

    You both know it isn't, but it is something you constantly argue for, with your primary school understanding of what you mistakenly think cultural Marxism is, trotted out as a way to shut down discussion and discredit anyone who is not as unquestioning and easily placated as you.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,852
    Mentioned
    849 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1086
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    You know I just read my opening post again. So should you Beanz.

    I said about the warnings then said ‘fair enough’ but to have a look at some on the list where this might lead withe other films. I then said that the Aliens one was baffling. And here we are.

    When is Lenny Henry going to apologise for True Identity ?
    I already reread it twice mate. I am not accusing you of saying everything is banned or being outraged. There are plenty of posters here though who are outraged by the very idea of anything changing at all.

    This thread demonstrates that stubborn intransigence very clearly. There is a big problem with racism in the UK and the US and this forum reflects that.

    A lot of it is this insistence by many that there is no problem. Flat out denial. Then there is whataboutery and the forum favourite

    'False Equivalence'

    Lenny Henry has spoken for years now about regrets of being used as a political football, worse because he was little more than a child. Being part of the Black and White minstrels, feeling compelled to make jokes parodying himself and his race because he felt he had to do that to be accepted is nothing like equivalent to him playing a character disguising himself to avoid the mob in a film.
    True.

    Is this a false equivalence? Will trigger warnings stop this?

    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...in-park-attack

    Yes it is a good example of false equivalence and your seeming inability to act like an adult, get your own thoughts and room in order, or hide your own sick agenda driven insanity. There is simply no comparison with warning about portrayals of racism in films, however warranted or misguided, and a clearly mentally ill terrorist/criminal killing people as reported on by the very press you would without blinking lie and pretend never reported it.

    False Equivalence.

    You and El Kabong are among the most triggered people on the forum. It is an uncomfortable truth but you are like a pair of cats jumping in a frozen rigid trance of terror after seeing a cucumber. You do not even live in the UK or USA for fucks sake and yet your ability to be triggered is almost unrivaled.
    White people killed in England is not like Black people killed in America. I am glad we agree.

    So why are you so into statues being toppled in the UK over crimes in America?
    Who said i am so into statues being toppled? I am not an ideologue like yourself, though of course you would like me to be. The toppling of Colston was fantastic and long overdue, but that does not make every statue fair game, or even suggest that all those toppling it even knew why they were doing it. It made a very good point. It exposed the hypocrites like you who for so long have tried to pretend that Empire as all sunlit uplands and giving things like civilization to the world. If you think paying compensation to the descendants of slave owners in the House of Lords or kicking down doors and deporting Brits who have been here for 50+ years , and the deaths of Black Brits at the hands of your mates in the Neo Nazi far right etc had nothing to do with why the BLM demonstrations resonated with decent Brits here, then you are even more deluded than we all thought.

    It is primarily about solidarity and empathy and a respect for very basic decent human values, like the respect for life. That is what makes you and El Kabong attitudes so objectionable, and quite honestly disgusting, to myself and i am sure many others. There are many i am sure who would not touch these forums with a barge pole because of how accepted such sick thinking is here.

    This forum is a hostile environment.

    Look at how furious and angry you both were with the idea of me working with refugees and migrants as though that made me a terrorist sympathizer. Look at how you both try and define who you even consider British despite neither of you living here. So of course you are not going to understand how when other people saw George Floyd being killed they were far more concerned and justifiably outraged with the manner and callousness of his death then what country he lived in or what country through accident of birth he was born in. To you such solidarity is an anathema, and so it is no surprise why you are perplexed by peoples genuine outrage when yours is saved for bullshit that does not really matter.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,367
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    You know I just read my opening post again. So should you Beanz.

    I said about the warnings then said ‘fair enough’ but to have a look at some on the list where this might lead withe other films. I then said that the Aliens one was baffling. And here we are.

    When is Lenny Henry going to apologise for True Identity ?
    I already reread it twice mate. I am not accusing you of saying everything is banned or being outraged. There are plenty of posters here though who are outraged by the very idea of anything changing at all.

    This thread demonstrates that stubborn intransigence very clearly. There is a big problem with racism in the UK and the US and this forum reflects that.

    A lot of it is this insistence by many that there is no problem. Flat out denial. Then there is whataboutery and the forum favourite

    'False Equivalence'

    Lenny Henry has spoken for years now about regrets of being used as a political football, worse because he was little more than a child. Being part of the Black and White minstrels, feeling compelled to make jokes parodying himself and his race because he felt he had to do that to be accepted is nothing like equivalent to him playing a character disguising himself to avoid the mob in a film.
    True.

    Is this a false equivalence? Will trigger warnings stop this?

    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...in-park-attack

    Yes it is a good example of false equivalence and your seeming inability to act like an adult, get your own thoughts and room in order, or hide your own sick agenda driven insanity. There is simply no comparison with warning about portrayals of racism in films, however warranted or misguided, and a clearly mentally ill terrorist/criminal killing people as reported on by the very press you would without blinking lie and pretend never reported it.

    False Equivalence.

    You and El Kabong are among the most triggered people on the forum. It is an uncomfortable truth but you are like a pair of cats jumping in a frozen rigid trance of terror after seeing a cucumber. You do not even live in the UK or USA for fucks sake and yet your ability to be triggered is almost unrivaled.
    White people killed in England is not like Black people killed in America. I am glad we agree.

    So why are you so into statues being toppled in the UK over crimes in America?
    Who said i am so into statues being toppled? I am not an ideologue like yourself, though of course you would like me to be. The toppling of Colston was fantastic and long overdue, but that does not make every statue fair game, or even suggest that all those toppling it even knew why they were doing it. It made a very good point. It exposed the hypocrites like you who for so long have tried to pretend that Empire as all sunlit uplands and giving things like civilization to the world. If you think paying compensation to the descendants of slave owners in the House of Lords or kicking down doors and deporting Brits who have been here for 50+ years , and the deaths of Black Brits at the hands of your mates in the Neo Nazi far right etc had nothing to do with why the BLM demonstrations resonated with decent Brits here, then you are even more deluded than we all thought.

    It is primarily about solidarity and empathy and a respect for very basic decent human values, like the respect for life. That is what makes you and El Kabong attitudes so objectionable, and quite honestly disgusting, to myself and i am sure many others. There are many i am sure who would not touch these forums with a barge pole because of how accepted such sick thinking is here.

    This forum is a hostile environment.

    Look at how furious and angry you both were with the idea of me working with refugees and migrants as though that made me a terrorist sympathizer. Look at how you both try and define who you even consider British despite neither of you living here. So of course you are not going to understand how when other people saw George Floyd being killed they were far more concerned and justifiably outraged with the manner and callousness of his death then what country he lived in or what country through accident of birth he was born in. To you such solidarity is an anathema, and so it is no surprise why you are perplexed by peoples genuine outrage when yours is saved for bullshit that does not really matter.
    Fuck me I work with refugees but I’m a Nazi. By the way when you group people together please include @TitoFan he gets very angry when he is left out. I like to use “you people” etc when quoting him but people like you or group or crew seems to satisfy him.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,830
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    91
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Do I have to be making a point?

    I was highlighting the warnings sky were putting on their movies if you read the fucking post.

    Did I say you could no longer watch.

    Started down a path that will see more films than not needing a warning
    I read the post but the immediate knee jerk over reaction of most was to assert that everything was being banned. Even you said 'everything has gone to fuck.'

    What is really insane is pointing out people being tortured and imprisoned (including British Citizens) for refusing to censor stories etc and being told to shut up you SJW snowflake, and then those same people bursting into tears and stamping their feet over a warning before a bloody film ffs.

    What a bunch of soft lads. Seriously lame.
    What utter utter bullshit. Literally no one said anything was being banned.

    You're outraged over outrage that doesn't exist. You've invented an argument to make an completely redundant point.

    If you read anything other than 'these warnings are a bit daft' into the opening post then you got it wrong. Intentionally by the sounds of it.
    take a bow big guy
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    39,943
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4776
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Seeing the length of some of these responses to make points make me glad I'm rarely 'triggered'

    I prefer a simple "fuck you shit arse" or "when and where?"
    Type response
    Pretty much this

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-26-2014, 08:35 PM
  2. live flood warnings for uk
    By ruthless rocco in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 07:34 PM
  3. People who use the Race Card and Race Baiters
    By generalbulldog in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 11:29 PM
  4. No. 1 P4P race between PBF and Pac
    By spine_buster in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-23-2006, 03:55 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing