Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
I heard Amos and Andy was pretty much cancelled. I have never seen Amos and Andy they might have done too much blackface or other things not kosher today. I think the little Rascals has pretty much been buried. I did watch the reruns of the little rascals as a kid. I remember buckwheat I just can’t recall if it was like really bad over the top, I think I watched an episode around 10 years ago. Fat Albert? Is that still around? I don’t know what has been cancelled and what hasn’t. I’ll just wait see how this plays out. HBO got a lot of news relating to gone with the wind, that’s a lot of free advertisement. I think they picked up some subscribers so this whole thing was well worth it to them.
Buckwheat was a little rough. Early on they made him wear a dirty potato sack and cast him as a girl ffs . I was always a Stymie guy. Little dude had fashion sense. The actor went on to have a decent tv run in career. Fat Albert was flat out awesome..raised on it . Actually had some pretty good 'teaching moments' but yeh might not get away with casting the Mushmouth character today.