Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sky Race Warnings on movies

I love Mel Brooks but the idea that 'They' whoever this big bogeyman is, can ban a film that by now you could quite easily have owned is laughable.

We now have the same people claiming 'Cancel Culture' every five seconds, moaning about a few words before a film even begins, and demanding censorship of.....words

You could not make it up.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I love Mel Brooks but the idea that 'They' whoever this big bogeyman is, can ban a film that by now you could quite easily have owned is laughable.

We now have the same people claiming 'Cancel Culture' every five seconds, moaning about a few words before a film even begins, and demanding censorship of.....words

I'm just happy I can now enjoy a cinema classic like Blazing Saddles in the span of 7 minutes .

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

I'm just happy I can now enjoy a cinema classic like Blazing Saddles in the span of 7 minutes .

Except nobody is censoring it. Nobody. You can watch it like i would watch Young Frankenstien or The Producers or The man with Two brains for the Umpteenth time becasue it is there in full.

The cultural industry in the Uk is collapsing. Theaters, Actors, technicians etc all losing their jobs and there is silence on that because people don't give a shit about people who dedicate their life to writing, making and producing these films etc that people love.

Most of them are written by and full of people the fucking killjoys on here woud call

'Leftists'

Fucking hell it's hilarious on one level but bloody tragic on another like Shakepear and the best i suppose

https://www.salon.com/2020/06/11/no-...-believe-that/
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Except nobody is censoring it. Nobody. You can watch it like i would watch Young Frankenstien or The Producers or The man with Two brains for the Umpteenth time becasue it is there in full.

The cultural industry in the Uk is collapsing. Theaters, Actors, technicians etc all losing their jobs and there is silence on that because people don't give a shit about people who dedicate their life to writing, making and producing these films etc that people love.

Most of them are written by and full of people the fucking killjoys on here woud call

'Leftists'

Fucking hell it's hilarious on one level but bloody tragic on another like Shakepear and the best i suppose

Every industry is affected by Covid and that has nothing to do with why films 'need' trigger warnings.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

'Leftists'

Every industry is affected by Covid and that has nothing to do with why films 'need' trigger warnings.

Except you are clearly the one being triggered.

Seriously fuck off you racist cunt
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

THIS is what this all is.

Except with every swing the pendulum goes higher and higher.

Action-reaction-double barreled action-nasty reaction-blah.... blah.... blah.....

Human dysfunctionality at its absolute FINEST.

I continue to think maybe Agent Smith was right after all.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this is what happens when you start censoring free speech
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

No. most of the guys here really do not give a fuck about free speech. They would willingly stand by and watch decent people all over the world rot in jail and die after being tortured for excercising free speech.

The amount of derision and general disdain when i have mentioned or linked to Amnesty International and Index against Censorship campaigns and events i have worked on here proves that.

This what happens when you believe any conspiracy that has been designed to distract your from REAL CENSORSHIP AND REMOVAL OF HUMAN RIGHTS AND FREE SPEECH

BLAZING SADDLES HAS NOT BEEN BANNED
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No. most of the guys here really do not give a fuck about free speech. They would willingly stand by and watch decent people all over the world rot in jail and die after being tortured for excercising free speech.

The amount of derision and general disdain when i have mentioned or linked to Amnesty International and Index against Censorship campaigns and events i have worked on here proves that.

This what happens when you believe any conspiracy that has been designed to distract your from REAL CENSORSHIP AND REMOVAL OF HUMAN RIGHTS AND FREE SPEECH

i'm not sure how most of that relates to my post. i would say this is what happens when you believe instead of know. i haven't said anything about movies but they are want & getting things changed like aunt jemima. when you start putting feelings above free speech this is the path it leads to
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'm not sure how most of that relates to my post. i would say this is what happens when you believe instead of know. i haven't said anything about movies but they are want & getting things changed like aunt jemima. when you start putting feelings above free speech this is the path it leads to
    Take you own advice

'This is what happens when you believe instead of know'

Blazing Saddles hasn't been banned. People want to believe it has but when it is shown and explained that has not happened

They simply do not want to know.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What if the movie is about a race ? Like - Chariots Of Fire ?
    Would they warn you about race and the movie is about a race ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I found my 30th anniversary special edition.
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

there's a Jesse Owens film called Race.......
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Sky has started putting warnings on movies for outdated values. Fair enough but have you seen some of these on the list. Just about every film may have to have a warning the way this is going.

The Aliens one is baffling

Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)

The only non-white character in the film Mr Yunioshi is played by white actor Mickey Rooney. Pretending to be a Japanese man, he wears fake teeth and puts on a Japanese accent.

The Jungle Book (1967 and 2016 live-action remake)

There have been suggestions the character of orangutang King Louie, which did not feature in Rudyard Kipling's original novel, implied inequality between African Americans and Caucasians. It has also been claimed the character's portrayal is based on what white people thought about black people at the time, such as his poorer linguistic skills and him wanting to be 'like the other men'.

Aladdin (1992)

Critics have expressed concerns over the story's use of Orientalist stereotypes, while casting decisions also came under scrutiny, with Aladdin, Princess Jasmine and the genie played by white actors in the animation.

The Goonies (1985)

The portrayal of Clever Data, a gadget freak who helps the boys in situations, speaks in a stereotypically Asian accent.

Dumbo (1941)

Dumbo has been accused of containing racist stereotypes of African Americans at the time in the form of black crows, who use jive-like speech patterns. The main bird is even named Jim Crow, a nod to the racist segregationist Jim Crow laws of the time, and is voiced by a white actor.

Aliens (1986)

The film has been accused of 'hi-tech racism and android apartheid' due to the way in which humans in the film deal with the presence of 'other'. It has been suggested the character of Ripley, played by Sigourney Weaver, treated them with fear and suspicion.

Trading Places (1983)

The film was littered with controversies, including Dan Akroyd wearing blackface, continuous stereotyping of black people and women and frequent use of the 'n-word' throughout the movie.

Flash Gordon (1980)

The film's antagonist, Ming the Merciless, played by Max von Sydow, is viewed as a classic example of 'Yellow Peril' xenophobia.

Gone With The Wind (1939)

Gone With The Wind has been criticised for romanticising slavery and glosses over the horrors of slavery. The film also features the 'n-word' throughout, which was used in the book.

Lawrence of Arabia (1962)

Some criticised the film for feeding on racial stereotypes and on Western beliefs that Arabs needed foreigners to guide them.

Tropic Thunder (200

Robert Downey Jr appeared in blackface for the comedy blockbuster, while many considered use of the word 'retard', uttered 17 times in the film to denote a person with learning difficulties, as unacceptable.

The Jazz Singer (1927)

The musical drama was criticised for Al Jolson's use of blackface, though many have since pointed to the fact the actor was a civil rights advocate, often backing projects by black artists, including playwright Garland Anderson.

The Littlest Rebel (1935)

Perhaps Shirley Temple's most controversial movie, The Littlest Rebel, in which she appears in blackface, is also accused of glorifying Confederate ideals, with black slaves appearing unhappy to be set free.

The Lone Ranger (2013)

Questions were raised over Johnny Depp's portrayal of Tonto, a Native American, as it sparked a debate over whether actors should play a race other than their own. The actor himself said he considered the role an attempt to 'try to right the wrongs of the past', meaning poor portrayals of Natives in Hollywood.

Balls of Fury (2007)

The ping-pong based comedy starring Christopher Walken was criticised for caricaturing Asian characters and carrying racist jokes and a running gag making fun of blind people.

The Last Samurai (2003)

Tom Cruise's role as a captain hired to train the Japanese army to fight a Samurai rebellion is considered problematic by some for the sense of American superiority portrayed in the film.
    You can still watch every film in your list and you can watch every film in these clips

So what's your point ?

Look. If sky were really that disgusted at that those movies they wouldn't green light any of it. White society knows how to bury sh*t. If anything it's a marketing tactic, by giving this phoney fake warning, will make ppl wanna watch it more.

Secondly racist movies are not the issue.

The issue is that these movies take place against a backdrop of systemic and institutional racism. And that backdrop–of housing and job discrimination, racial profiling, unequal health care access, blk ppl getting killed and harmed on the streets and a media that regularly presents blacks in the worst possible makes these movies take on a different meaning

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am looking forward to Michael Caine's performance in the edited version of - Zulu.

Thread Information