1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    My dad had the oxford astrazeneca vaccine yesterday, got a slight fever today but should be Ok. His next one is in April.

They would not give me one.
    Liked that for your pop, not cause you couldn’t get one. Now master I would think since you work with people in the criminal justice system you should be early to get it. Or I’d England going strictly by age. I work with a number of probation officers most are just getting there second shots this week. Mine is next week. Regardless glad you’re pop got it.
    They are going by age, some frontline key workers have got it but not in my sector. We are now having to wear masks at work and reduced hours with our offender's.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My dad had the oxford astrazeneca vaccine yesterday, got a slight fever today but should be Ok. His next one is in April.

Liked that for your pop, not cause you couldn’t get one. Now master I would think since you work with people in the criminal justice system you should be early to get it. Or I’d England going strictly by age. I work with a number of probation officers most are just getting there second shots this week. Mine is next week. Regardless glad you’re pop got it.
    They are going by age, some frontline key workers have got it but not in my sector. We are now having to wear masks at work and reduced hours with our offender's.
    Ah understood. Tbh I think that is the smart way to do it. We didn’t do age first in the US because of equity so they did frontline workers. I would have gladly given up my spot for an elderly person but race came into play even in distributing the vax. Glad England is doing those who are more likely to die first. I was a bit miffed I got mine before my mother did but I don’t make the rules

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah understood. Tbh I think that is the smart way to do it. We didn’t do age first in the US because of equity so they did frontline workers. I would have gladly given up my spot for an elderly person but race came into play even in distributing the vax. Glad England is doing those who are more likely to die first. I was a bit miffed I got mine before my mother did but I don’t make the rules
    It’s an interesting one. There is a school of thought that the elderly shouldn’t be first . Infact in Indonesia, they’ve done the opposite.
    I do understand it. Make the elderly shield strictly for a couple of months more, and give the Vaccine to the age groups who are moving the wheels of industry and society forward. And at the same time , they are the people who have most social contact.
    I’m not saying I think it’s the way forward, but it’s definitely food for thought.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

It’s an interesting one. There is a school of thought that the elderly shouldn’t be first . Infact in Indonesia, they’ve done the opposite.
    I do understand it. Make the elderly shield strictly for a couple of months more, and give the Vaccine to the age groups who are moving the wheels of industry and society forward. And at the same time , they are the people who have most social contact.
    I’m not saying I think it’s the way forward, but it’s definitely food for thought.
    Yes and there is undeniable logic there it just seems to me if you want to lower the death rate, vaccinate those most likely to die first, that is the elderly. I don’t know many health care workers who would argue against that.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True, there is some logic in either approach. Personally, unless a countries’ healthcare system is already broken I would support vaccinating those most likely to need hospital admission first (so there is space to do all the other things apart from Covid that needs to be done).

I do understand Indonesia’s approach too though, especially in terms of the economy and children.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unless of course COVID doesn’t exist, and it’s all a conspiracy by a shadowy organisation to get people to clamour for a vaccine that will have an impact on fertility. Headed by an evil genius called the White Rabbit.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last Thursday l had the covid jab felt a bit rough for two days. Dave my work mate returned to work today thankfully he made a good recovery he was stricken on Christmas day with covid.
    I hope you lot stay safe and well it's know joke covid my friends talking to a funeral director last week he had 80 dead to deal with over half were covid.
    As of last week the crematorium has over a three and a half week waiting list to book a cremation .

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Last Thursday l had the covid jab felt a bit rough for two days. Dave my work mate returned to work today thankfully he made a good recovery he was stricken on Christmas day with covid.
    I hope you lot stay safe and well it's know joke covid my friends talking to a funeral director last week he had 80 dead to deal with over half were covid.
    As of last week the crematorium has over a three and a half week waiting list to book a cremation .
    3 and a half week waiting list do they keep the stiffs on ice

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes in fridges .

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Yes in fridges .
    "Fridges"

by Sir R. Q. W. Of P

Preems confirmed left side of keyboard
    And his twin got the right side hacked:
    Thirty stiffs piled up
    Up to the ceiling they're stacked

WTF and FFS and that's quite high
    Lotsa peeps piled up to the sky
    Saddo site hacked and then confirmed:
    Fibonacci Series it can be termed

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just got notified my second jab due tomorrow at 5:40 was cancelled as we are getting a snow wallop here. Rescheduled Monday at 940a

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just got notified my second jab due tomorrow at 5:40 was cancelled as we are getting a snow wallop here. Rescheduled Monday at 940a
    Snow storm is headed your way.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Ok just heard “because of el kabong I broke my news blackout” that the current crop of vaccines doesn’t protect against new strains coming around. Ya this is going to be weird
    the african american men who participated in the tuskegee syphilis study were told that they were receiving free health care from the federal government of the united states. but trust in the powers that should not be, they have your best interests at heart
    I have to say I agree with this. I just received a text message from the health department of the city that I just moved from in December which is Irving Texas that I will receive $1,300 if I go and take the trial vaccine. HELL NO AND I WOULDN'T CARE IF THEY OFFERED ME $13,000 I WOULD NOT TAKE IT.
    I’m sure you enlightened us before with this, but why wouldn’t you take it? (I know I’m gonna regret asking.)
    Good question. I would like to know the answer too.
    Unfortunately it looks like we’re never gonna know??
    It seems you are right.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Snow storm is headed your way.
    Ohh boy we got it. Last night I was snow blowing and shoveling in a friggin white out. I can’t tell how much we got but I had some 3 foot drifts. I think we got about 18 inches

Thread Information