1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Ok just heard “because of el kabong I broke my news blackout” that the current crop of vaccines doesn’t protect against new strains coming around. Ya this is going to be weird
    the african american men who participated in the tuskegee syphilis study were told that they were receiving free health care from the federal government of the united states. but trust in the powers that should not be, they have your best interests at heart
    I have to say I agree with this. I just received a text message from the health department of the city that I just moved from in December which is Irving Texas that I will receive $1,300 if I go and take the trial vaccine. HELL NO AND I WOULDN'T CARE IF THEY OFFERED ME $13,000 I WOULD NOT TAKE IT.

Why?

Why have you still not answered this?

Why do you keep circling back?
    Walrus and El Kabong have both given you a free pass to continue circling back but I am genuinely interested in why you are so determined to not answer this question.

Why?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Ok just heard “because of el kabong I broke my news blackout” that the current crop of vaccines doesn’t protect against new strains coming around. Ya this is going to be weird
    the african american men who participated in the tuskegee syphilis study were told that they were receiving free health care from the federal government of the united states. but trust in the powers that should not be, they have your best interests at heart
    I have to say I agree with this. I just received a text message from the health department of the city that I just moved from in December which is Irving Texas that I will receive $1,300 if I go and take the trial vaccine. HELL NO AND I WOULDN'T CARE IF THEY OFFERED ME $13,000 I WOULD NOT TAKE IT.

Why?

Why have you still not answered this?

Why do you keep circling back?
    Walrus and El Kabong have both given you a free pass to continue circling back but I am genuinely interested in why you are so determined to not answer this question.

Why?
    "Walrus and El Kabong have both given you a free pass to continue circling back" ....huh? If Brock wants to take the vaccine he'll take it, if he doesn't he doesn't, he's a grown adult human and he can decide on his own if it's the correct thing to do for him is my take on it.

Maybe he hasn't responded to you because it's a waste of time to discuss anything with you because whoever you have decided to focus on in any kind of argument can have the most mundane views ever and you'll STILL find some kind of way to disagree with them and then you'll baselessly accuse them of the most horrid shit like being a racist or whatever.

Fucking hell, not all that long ago Steve and you were friendly and now this....why are you shitting on him? I disagree with TitoFan all the time but we respect each other. Hell I'm sure I disagree with walrus and Gandalf, but we don't have a fight to the death to figure out who is right you fucking lunatic have some perspective dude.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How is asking someone to answer a question, shitting on them?

You don't half assume there is a lot of your own hate filled poisonous bullshit in other peoples posts. I am not the miserable bastard you have been for nearly 10yrs now.

Even Brock knows that, although I would imagine he will now find it impossible to admit.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok feeling better. Last night was very bad, chills, headache, vertigo pain damn I had it all. Got up this AM had to lay still for a while now I just feel regular shitty but the second shot is 50 times worse than the first. I must say it appears my reaction is a bit more extreme than most people I know. I hope that to be true because I wouldn’t wish this shit on anyone

El Kabong Guest

Ok feeling better. Last night was very bad, chills, headache, vertigo pain damn I had it all. Got up this AM had to lay still for a while now I just feel regular shitty but the second shot is 50 times worse than the first. I must say it appears my reaction is a bit more extreme than most people I know. I hope that to be true because I wouldn’t wish this shit on anyone
    I've heard tell it's a rough one.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Ya I mean obviously in many cases covid is worse I’m just reporting these damn side effects. I guess that means it’s working though right? My body is developing an immune response type of thing. The nurse who injected me said she lost two days of work her second shot. I don’t know if it was the Moderna vax or if they all do this. Glad it’s over though. Shitty thing is it snowed again and I’m in no shape to work the blower. I guess it was worth it as long as I feel ok tomorrow i guess it’s all good, what a pain in the ass though. Makes me think covid must really suck

El Kabong Guest

Ya I mean obviously in many cases covid is worse I’m just reporting these damn side effects. I guess that means it’s working though right? My body is developing an immune response type of thing. The nurse who injected me said she lost two days of work her second shot. I don’t know if it was the Moderna vax or if they all do this. Glad it’s over though. Shitty thing is it snowed again and I’m in no shape to work the blower. I guess it was worth it as long as I feel ok tomorrow i guess it’s all good, what a pain in the ass though. Makes me think covid must really suck
    I'm going to wait for mine for a few reasons.....not that I'm anti-vaxx ......but I'm in good health, I don't have much wrong with me as far as health goes (knock on wood), but I'm not a front line worker, I'm not elderly, I'm not sick with some other shit, and folks who ARE those things should be ahead of me in the line...if I even need to get it at all.

But I'll wait for the resident jackass to attack my choice...I mean I said it, I must be wrong and he MUST be right

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going to wait for mine for a few reasons.....not that I'm anti-vaxx ......but I'm in good health, I don't have much wrong with me as far as health goes (knock on wood), but I'm not a front line worker, I'm not elderly, I'm not sick with some other shit, and folks who ARE those things should be ahead of me in the line...if I even need to get it at all.

But I'll wait for the resident jackass to attack my choice...I mean I said it, I must be wrong and he MUST be right
    Well this all came about because I’m in the frontline category but tbh I think they should have started with the elderly. On the plus side my first shot which was a month and a week ago, the only people getting jabbed were healthcare, cops and firemen. This time around I noticed the elderly were getting their first jabs. That made me happy to see. I would have gladly gave up my spot for them. I wasn’t given that option though. These drive through injection sites seem pretty efficient as well. Now I’m waiting to see what policies my company comes up with regarding those of us who are vaccinated. At this point it’s still masks, social distance and limited contact. I’m hoping they ease things up a bit. Now I’m hearing this vax will be a yearly thing. Shit that will be three lost days if that’s the case every year unless by then they have some with less side effects. What a joy.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to disagree. Philosophically this is not just shaky ground. It is a cliff face.

Life necessitates that we believe things without knowing them every day. You don't open up your engine to make sure the pistons are going, you don't check to make sure every product you buy has the ingredients it says it does by chemically analysing it, you don't take that third hit on a crack pipe to prove how addictive it can be, you don't spar on concrete because you have been knocked out and fractured your skull falling onto it.

We run our lives on belief. That is not the same thing as blind faith. With TIC EVERYTHING he is asking us all to believe is based on blind faith in him and those he relies on to make him self feel special. He has yet to produce anything to back up that blind faith and is simply playing Devil's advocate for the look of it.

If he had any knowledge about anything it would be game changing and he would not hesitate to share it.

He has a shit hand and should have folded months ago.

Yet you know FOR CERTAIN how evil Trump supporters are

You don't know if the pistons are going in your car? OK start it and press the gas, if the engine revs then the pistons are going. Do you understand the process it takes for a product to make it to a store shelf? Probably not. But yeah fair to say the American FDA and the UK's MHRA have given the product in question a thorough set of examinations and believe you me it is at a COST to the producer. No need to actually do a drug to use the scientific method to observe the effects or study them....pretty basic common sense about the concrete, again something which can be easily tested.

If the vaccine works why is government still demanding people wear masks and hell I wore the mask, I still caught the fucking COVID, I followed the rules, still caught it....so what do I risk by NOT wearing the mask? Already had the thing the mask was supposed to keep me from getting....oh that's right I need to double up on the mask and then triple up on them.

Better stay in that bunker mate It's the only way to be sure.

If seatbelts work why do we need airbags? If airbags work why do we need brakes?

Idiot.

Nature wants you dead at fifty and five of your nine children to die in infancy. The fact that this doesn't happen is down to medical science and people who are thousands of times smarter than you can comprehend with your little shelf. If I had a superpower I'd pick being able to show stupid people the gulf between them and smart people, the chasm between somebody who is an expert on a subject and the average person. You'd be so shocked you'd be shamed into silence for the length of time the information managed to stay on your shelf.

You have over a decade now of making endless breathtakingly moronic posts like this. Youhave proved beyond reasonable doubt that you have the cognitive ability and reasoning power of a fucking lettuce. For god's sake due to your unfortunate disability just do what the experts are telling you to do eh. Hard to believe but they know better than you how to keep you and other unfortunate people you come into contact with alive.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I have to disagree. Philosophically this is not just shaky ground. It is a cliff face.

Life necessitates that we believe things without knowing them every day. You don't open up your engine to make sure the pistons are going, you don't check to make sure every product you buy has the ingredients it says it does by chemically analysing it, you don't take that third hit on a crack pipe to prove how addictive it can be, you don't spar on concrete because you have been knocked out and fractured your skull falling onto it.

We run our lives on belief. That is not the same thing as blind faith. With TIC EVERYTHING he is asking us all to believe is based on blind faith in him and those he relies on to make him self feel special. He has yet to produce anything to back up that blind faith and is simply playing Devil's advocate for the look of it.

If he had any knowledge about anything it would be game changing and he would not hesitate to share it.

He has a shit hand and should have folded months ago.

Yet you know FOR CERTAIN how evil Trump supporters are

You don't know if the pistons are going in your car? OK start it and press the gas, if the engine revs then the pistons are going. Do you understand the process it takes for a product to make it to a store shelf? Probably not. But yeah fair to say the American FDA and the UK's MHRA have given the product in question a thorough set of examinations and believe you me it is at a COST to the producer. No need to actually do a drug to use the scientific method to observe the effects or study them....pretty basic common sense about the concrete, again something which can be easily tested.

If the vaccine works why is government still demanding people wear masks and hell I wore the mask, I still caught the fucking COVID, I followed the rules, still caught it....so what do I risk by NOT wearing the mask? Already had the thing the mask was supposed to keep me from getting....oh that's right I need to double up on the mask and then triple up on them.

Better stay in that bunker mate It's the only way to be sure.

If seatbelts work why do we need airbags? If airbags work why do we need brakes?

Idiot.

Nature wants you dead at fifty and five of your nine children to die in infancy. The fact that this doesn't happen is down to medical science and people who are thousands of times smarter than you can comprehend with your little shelf. If I had a superpower I'd pick being able to show stupid people the gulf between them and smart people, the chasm between somebody who is an expert on a subject and the average person. You'd be so shocked you'd be shamed into silence for the length of time the information managed to stay on your shelf.

You have over a decade now of making endless breathtakingly moronic posts like this. Youhave proved beyond reasonable doubt that you have the cognitive ability and reasoning power of a fucking lettuce. For god's sake due to your unfortunate disability just do what the experts are telling you to do eh. Hard to believe but they know better than you how to keep you and other unfortunate people you come into contact with alive.
    Seatbelts? Two reasons in the US at least. The insurance companies and cops like it because It gives then another reason to pull you over

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It may have something to do with your Psoriatic Arthritis. As i am sure you are aware it is an autoimmune disease and so although the vacines do not contain any live virus the spike proteins they have introduced to your body to teach it how to fight Covid may have caused a flare up or overreaction. I have Psoriatic Arthritis too and Ankylosing Spondylitis and while they say the vaccines should not cause any more symptoms or flare ups in those with Auto Immune diseases my Dad (who only has AS not PA) was quite poorly for a couple days after having his vaccine.

I am still very happy that he got the vaccine and now no longer has now side effects though. One of my twin sisters who has AS, like most of us siblings, caught covid and ended up in hospital. She is out and recovered now but she is only in her late twenties. For my Dad it might have finished him off.

I have no idea when i will get offered one because neither myself or the Mrs are considered 'at risk'.

We could not get on the supermarket delivery list or anything light that for the last year and i actually had to go and plead with the doctor to waive her epilepsy review yesterday just so we can pick up a new supply of her medication. (the reviews are simply not happening until later in the year).

It has made it really hard for the NHS but they have over delivered with the amazing roll out of the vaccine.

That is what happens when you make profit and private enterprise take a back seat and prioritise saving people's lives.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Experts say coronaviruses related to Sars-CoV-2 may be found in bats across many parts of Asia.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-55998157
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Experts say coronaviruses related to Sars-CoV-2 may be found in bats across many parts of Asia.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-55998157
    From your article:
    The precise origins of the virus are unknown and have been investigated by a team commissioned by the World Health Organization (WHO).

Is that the same as THIS World Health Organization?
    "Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #ChinaFlag of China."

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1217043229427761152?s=20

That WHO

El Kabong Guest

Idiot.

Why aren't there seatbelts & airbags on motorcycles then? Why can you still drive cars without shoulder belts & airbags without any penalty? Why can I ride in the bed of a pickup truck without any penalty?

You have 0 respect for liberty or your fellow citizen.

"If I had a superpower"....it wouldn't be self reflection I can tell you that much.

LOL who kept me alive when I had COVID? I did...didn't even really have to try all that hard either

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Idiot.

Why aren't there seatbelts & airbags on motorcycles then? Why can you still drive cars without shoulder belts & airbags without any penalty? Why can I ride in the bed of a pickup truck without any penalty?

You have 0 respect for liberty or your fellow citizen.

"If I had a superpower"....it wouldn't be self reflection I can tell you that much.

LOL who kept me alive when I had COVID? I did...didn't even really have to try all that hard either

You sound like you are morphing into Gandalf.

You not being seriously ill with Covid is not anything to do with how hard you tried, you horrible shallow bastard.

Do you not think those millions that have died did not fight to their last dying breath?

The great thing about seatbelts is it stops you injuring other people too. Those in front of you if you are in the back or others outside if you go through the windscreen. That is not so different with masks. NOT YOU. OTHER PEOPLE.

Why would someone have to explain that to you?

Do you think other people's liberty is not as important as your own?

You don't do you? You have already said as much
    Hidden Content

Thread Information