Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  305
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
Page 66 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 990 of 1129

Thread: Covid- 19 - Second wave

Share/Bookmark
  1. #976
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    9,844
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    734
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    I know I am dealing with a child but I do hope someone takes a nice big stick and knocks the shit out of you cunt.
    all this anger & aggression just because i don't believe in your fantasy. what a pathetic old cowardly man. i'd like to see them try
    No anger your just a stupid cunt I probably have son older and he is far wiser than you will ever be but your a obnoxious twat and I do hope someone knocks your teeth out you are waste of good air dickhead.
    your son sounds just as braindead as you do. you have already admitted that you just believe what others have told you. that's not knowing or proving your belief is real numbnuts. you should just wrap a plastic bag around your head to keep you safe. line up & get your vaxx so you can be safe from your imaginary boogeyman yeh
    It's idiots like yourself spread covid I work with health professionals dickhead.
    I know you're a thick twat my son happens to be a electrical engineer he's a ex boxer also.
    Have you ever boxed may I ask or are you a drunken bum.
    so you can prove that i spread covid? please provide the proof of this you idiot. i could care less what your son does. it is not proof of your belief in your imaginary boogeyman
    I couldn't care less what you do your just a bum.

  2. #977
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    49,121
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

    I am not interested in a vaccine as I consider them rushed and unproven. Even following mass vaccinations they are saying distancing and masks must stay. So, what is the point if you are reasonably healthy and trust in your immune system? I am not interested.

  3. #978
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    24,022
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1141
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I am not interested in a vaccine as I consider them rushed and unproven. Even following mass vaccinations they are saying distancing and masks must stay. So, what is the point if you are reasonably healthy and trust in your immune system? I am not interested.
    The data is suggesting they are incredibly effective. 94% effective.

    Not just for stopping serious illness, hospitalisation and death but also in drastically reducing the rate of transmission. The science is solid and overwhelmingly positive.

    I don't know about elsewhere in the world but here in the UK they are hoping to drop all restrictions and return to normal by June. Festivals like Bestival, Leeds, Reading and Bosrdmasters have all announced they hope to be back on.

    Also plenty of healthy people have ended up very ill, in hospital or dead because of covid. They may be in the minority but the numbers are still there and vaccination drastically reduces your chance of being one of them.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...m-people-finds
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  4. #979
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    49,121
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I am not interested in a vaccine as I consider them rushed and unproven. Even following mass vaccinations they are saying distancing and masks must stay. So, what is the point if you are reasonably healthy and trust in your immune system? I am not interested.
    The data is suggesting they are incredibly effective. 94% effective.

    Not just for stopping serious illness, hospitalisation and death but also in drastically reducing the rate of transmission. The science is solid and overwhelmingly positive.

    I don't know about elsewhere in the world but here in the UK they are hoping to drop all restrictions and return to normal by June. Festivals like Bestival, Leeds, Reading and Bosrdmasters have all announced they hope to be back on.

    Also plenty of healthy people have ended up very ill, in hospital or dead because of covid. They may be in the minority but the numbers are still there and vaccination drastically reduces your chance of being one of them.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...m-people-finds
    If it is so effective, what is the point of continuing to social distance and mask up as recommended by the government here post mass vaccination? They are suggesting quite different to the notion of dropping all restrictions. Surely the purpose of a vaccine is to 'return to normal' and if so surely the whole mask and distance routine needs to stop?

    The virus has only killed 1 person under 30 here and of course pre-existing conditions. The UK is very obese and I classify obesity as a health condition on its own. I suspect that along with non-diagnosed issues accounts for an array of those younger who have died. I don't have the data of course because it is impossible to work the UK out with the 'anyone who dies within 28 days of Covid being a Covid death' charade. Apparently flu has vanished too which is rather disingenuous.

    I was reading that the Pfizer vaccine, for instance, is less effective at dealing with certain mutations making me question the purpose of it all too. Then who is to say that people will not need yet ever more 'boosters' to handle new variants that overwhelm the initial jab/jabs. I suspect this is going to go on a while and goodness knows what the long term consequences are because people are guinea pigs at the moment.

    I am very much of the 'wait and see' mindset. The chances of it killing healthy people under 60 are very low and then you hear the horror stories about the 23 who died following the vaccine in Norway. Things like that do not fill me with confidence.

    I hope it is will all be fine, but the dark side in me suggests that this is going to be something that will be used for a longer time than we care for. I hope I am wrong.

  5. #980
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In my own little Universe
    Posts
    9,603
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2022
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

    Well, Covid is not going to go away and disappear. It might mutate to more benign versions, but not all viruses have.

    Its likely that people will need annual vaccinations for the rest of their lives, a bit like the ‘flu vaccines. Despite that, ‘flu still kills lots of people.

    No vaccine is 100% effective, plus very young children and many others (hyper allergenic, pregnant etc) will not be vaccinated. I think that’s why some social distancing remains in effect. That is probably a significant percentage of people.

    Moreover, if there are unvaccinated people, who cannot ‘kill’ the virus in their bodies - then they become ideal incubators for the virus to survive and mutate further?

    A complex situation. Like most things, it’s not binary and does not have an absolute black and white answer. That nuance is what many people seem to struggle with, I think.

    Additionally, the torrent of lies and misinformation on the internet (and the media) for years has led people to question EVERYTHING.

    The whole history of humanity is one of benefiting from the knowledge and learning of previous generations, and passing that along. That’s what education is. I have not proven to myself the existence of gravity, or of time as an abstract concept, or that vaccines work. But I do choose to accept some of this learning.

    Im not clear as where we are going f we refuse to believe or accept anything at all, or (even worse) if different people randomly pick and choose different things. No wonder we are in a culture war!
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

  6. #981
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    24,022
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1141
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

    Fox and Murdoch and all the scare mongers who continue to profit from spreading fear and negativity would love people to believe that the Norwegian deaths were caused by vaccination but actually there is absolutely no evidence of a link whatsoever.

    I don't understand all those who have been moaning about the restrictions now making any excuse to keep society under those draconian measures and refusing to embrace any kind of data and science based solution.

    Nobody is suggesting you should be naive and gullible or not question narratives but this route back to normality is hardly novel. Vaccines have transformed the world for many years now.

    https://www.wired.co.uk/article/norw...avirus-vaccine
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  7. #982
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    9,844
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    734
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

    We must remember the vaccine is there to give you some immunity you may still get covid but hopefully you are not hospitalised.
    Hopefully the vaccines give you some antibodies that leads to immunity .
    Child hood diseases which were deadly are all most gone why because of vaccines think about it.! I have had the vaccine my area had a very contagious strain of covid at one time our local hospital had over two hundred people with covid being treated .
    My brother has had the vaccine he's got Cancer really for him it's a must.!
    You make your decision on having or not having the vaccine just think about it.!

  8. #983
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    24,022
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1141
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

    I got my Vaccine letter today and made my appointment because I am a carer for someone who is clinically vulnerable.

    That person (My Mrs) though has not had a letter and cannot book a vaccine appointment online thru the NHS website ?

    Sounds a bit mental but after ringing the GP it seems she is on their list and just has to wait for them to contact her or me as her carer. I guess because she is not putting herself into potentially dangerous high risk environments it kind of makes sense and she has said herself that she would rather her shots go to a Teacher or someone on the front line first.

    Hopefully she does not have to wait to long. My shot is on Wednesday and i am hoping my side effects are not too bad. My old mans were pretty rough but it has to be better than ending up in hospital.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  9. #984
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    9,844
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    734
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I got my Vaccine letter today and made my appointment because I am a carer for someone who is clinically vulnerable.

    That person (My Mrs) though has not had a letter and cannot book a vaccine appointment online thru the NHS website ?

    Sounds a bit mental but after ringing the GP it seems she is on their list and just has to wait for them to contact her or me as her carer. I guess because she is not putting herself into potentially dangerous high risk environments it kind of makes sense and she has said herself that she would rather her shots go to a Teacher or someone on the front line first.

    Hopefully she does not have to wait to long. My shot is on Wednesday and i am hoping my side effects are not too bad. My old mans were pretty rough but it has to be better than ending up in hospital.
    Crackers makes know sense whatsoever you told me about this on zoom in the doctors today having my bloods done the nurse had to go to Llandudno 70 miles away crazy I went to Wrexham 5 miles who is in charge common sense seems to be missing.☹️

  10. #985
    El Kabong Guest

    Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave



    "The BBC? SHITE!"


    Oh me, that was delightful.

  11. #986
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23,298
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1757
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    If it is so effective, what is the point of continuing to social distance and mask up as recommended by the government here post mass vaccination? They are suggesting quite different to the notion of dropping all restrictions. Surely the purpose of a vaccine is to 'return to normal' and if so surely the whole mask and distance routine needs to stop?


    Just my opinion, of course. But how do you monitor and regulate the dropping of masks and social distancing while the vaccination process is still going on and far from over? Do you walk up to someone without a mask where there's a mask mandate and say, "Excuse me... have you been vaccinated?" If they say yeah, sure... do you ask for proof? It all sounds like a big smoldering, unmanageable mess... and it seems much simpler to just continue with the precautions until the vaccination process is completed or at least to "X" percentage.

  12. #987
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,248
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    691
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    If it is so effective, what is the point of continuing to social distance and mask up as recommended by the government here post mass vaccination? They are suggesting quite different to the notion of dropping all restrictions. Surely the purpose of a vaccine is to 'return to normal' and if so surely the whole mask and distance routine needs to stop?


    Just my opinion, of course. But how do you monitor and regulate the dropping of masks and social distancing while the vaccination process is still going on and far from over? Do you walk up to someone without a mask where there's a mask mandate and say, "Excuse me... have you been vaccinated?" If they say yeah, sure... do you ask for proof? It all sounds like a big smoldering, unmanageable mess... and it seems much simpler to just continue with the precautions until the vaccination process is completed or at least to "X" percentage.
    Ya it does seem weird. It is thought you can still spread the virus even when vaccinated. That’s really the main reason (according to the literature I got) there is also breakthrough cases where you get covid even after the vax but that was known during the testing. As far as spreading it when your vaccinated the couple doctors I spoke to pretty much said “we just don’t know yet we don’t have that information” I’m just reporting what I’ve read and heard not trying to make sense of it because I can’t. I’m over two weeks past my second jab, at this point if I run into someone with covid I don’t have to isolate (cdc said that anyway) if this is a yearly thing I don’t know the second dose really fucked me up. I literally laying around for three days, quite sick, fine on the fourth day came back like it never left on the fifth day, after that I was fine. It varies though, yes a lot of people get ill second dose but I know a number of people who had no ill effects whatsoever.

  13. #988
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    49,121
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    If it is so effective, what is the point of continuing to social distance and mask up as recommended by the government here post mass vaccination? They are suggesting quite different to the notion of dropping all restrictions. Surely the purpose of a vaccine is to 'return to normal' and if so surely the whole mask and distance routine needs to stop?


    Just my opinion, of course. But how do you monitor and regulate the dropping of masks and social distancing while the vaccination process is still going on and far from over? Do you walk up to someone without a mask where there's a mask mandate and say, "Excuse me... have you been vaccinated?" If they say yeah, sure... do you ask for proof? It all sounds like a big smoldering, unmanageable mess... and it seems much simpler to just continue with the precautions until the vaccination process is completed or at least to "X" percentage.
    Not my words, but the words of the government here. Even after mass vaccination the distancing and mask wearing must remain in place. It is me who questions the purpose of that. Surely once the elderly and vulnerable are clear then you can start to free up? Even more surely after 80% of the populace is 'done' then you can free up, right? That's my way of thinking if vaccines are the answer, but seemingly I am wrong. If the nonsense is to carry on post vaccine, then you know you have been had. We will see how it plays out.

  14. #989
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,848
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1752
    Cool Clicks

  15. #990
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,175
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    130
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

    if you are not seeing through the bullshit yet you are a retard
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Cooking the Books on Covid-19?
    By greynotsoold in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 359
    Last Post: 07-05-2020, 03:43 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-07-2020, 01:46 AM
  3. Guy from my county surfs Mahoosive wave
    By Beanz in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-01-2013, 10:13 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 03:24 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Saddo Boxing - Boxing