679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Might've been TIC with a wig.
    If so tic is hot in drag. Spanish as well. Gotta tell you I wasn’t expecting the side effect I’m getting. Light headedness and some vertigo. Ya my arm is starting to hurt but I was warned about that. I was expecting a day of elevated fever, body aches and such. I did just do a little research and it appears vertigo is a documented side effect of covid-19. If that’s the case I guess it would make sense I’d be experiencing it. I’m not getting too concerned it was like 5hrs ago I got this shot but the way my head is spinning now I am not sure I’d be able to drive to work in the am. Tbh remove this damn vertigo shit and I’d feel fine other than the arm pain which is just par for the course

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    If so tic is hot in drag. Spanish as well. Gotta tell you I wasn’t expecting the side effect I’m getting. Light headedness and some vertigo. Ya my arm is starting to hurt but I was warned about that. I was expecting a day of elevated fever, body aches and such. I did just do a little research and it appears vertigo is a documented side effect of covid-19. If that’s the case I guess it would make sense I’d be experiencing it. I’m not getting too concerned it was like 5hrs ago I got this shot but the way my head is spinning now I am not sure I’d be able to drive to work in the am. Tbh remove this damn vertigo shit and I’d feel fine other than the arm pain which is just par for the course
    There is no covid 19 in the vaccine so you should not get side effects related to the virus. That's not how vaccines work. Congratulations on getting it so early, should give you some peace of mind in a few weeks once it starts working.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    There is no covid 19 in the vaccine so you should not get side effects related to the virus. That's not how vaccines work. Congratulations on getting it so early, should give you some peace of mind in a few weeks once it starts working.
    I know there is no virus in the shot but yes people are getting reactions as you do trigger the immune system to develop antibodies. Most people I’ve talked to relate it to not much worse than the flu shot. I will say I got up this AM vertigo is bad enough where I don’t think I can drive, temp is a little elevated not bad at all, arm hurts but I’d say about as bad as a tetanus shot honestly if it weren’t for the dizziness shit that doesn’t seem to want to let up I’d be fine

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unfortunately the literature says “contact your healthcare provider immediately if you experience dizziness after the shot” ya didn’t see that one last night, oh well.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unfortunately the literature says “contact your healthcare provider immediately if you experience dizziness after the shot” ya didn’t see that one last night, oh well.

Don't delay then.

Mrs just had her flu shot this morning and her mother in law has had the covid vaccine because she is a health care worker. Other than a sore arm she hasn't had any symptoms.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My wife and daughter are awaiting the covid jabs both being key workers.
    Just phoned my work mate Dave he and three members are still not well at all since Christmas day hopefully all make a good recovery in Dave's words I would not wish covid on my worst enemies.

El Kabong Guest

My wife, my daughter, my mom & dad and I all contracted COVID.....it has been so piss weak I don't even know what to tell you.

I mean I guess we're very lucky to have a weak strain of it or whatever. I have talked to a few people who have had troubles, 1 even went on Remdesovir, but I've had hangovers that have been waaaaay worse than this.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aint gonna lie. I had no idea you had a daughter Belated congrats.

Glad it's not bothering any of you too much.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    My wife, my daughter, my mom & dad and I all contracted COVID.....it has been so piss weak I don't even know what to tell you.

I mean I guess we're very lucky to have a weak strain of it or whatever. I have talked to a few people who have had troubles, 1 even went on Remdesovir, but I've had hangovers that have been waaaaay worse than this.
    Lyle I hope everyone makes a good recovery mate it's worrying.
    I worry about my wife and daughter working with covid suffers stay positive Lyle.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope you have no lingering problems with it it's nothing to play with.

Locally we were kicked back to Phase 1 yesterday. We've literally come full circle woo hoo.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I got checked out everything ok. Vertigo shit finally passed after 18hrs. When you get the shot in the US you are enrolled in something called v-safe. It’s the cdc asking you to document side effects. You get daily texts asking how you are feeling. I don’t know if this is going to be for everyone or just frontline. I did just talk to an MD who got his second shot of the Pfizer vax he said he had every side effect one could think of. He told me is is afraid of mass call outs of healthcare workers due to sickness if this is going to be common. He said he pushed himself to work but it was very difficult. I did take one day off directly due to the side effects. From what I’m hearing it seems more people complain on the second does. Mine is scheduled for early next month.

I’m not trying to sway anyone to take it or not to take it all I can do is report a little info in advance since I’m getting it a little earlier than some. Even with the side effect I had it wasn’t bad enough that I would tell people to be weary tbh it just ruined my day, I don’t get many days where I can do nothing so in a way it wasn’t that bad but I would have enjoyed it much more had I not been laying down due to the damn dizziness. I hope everyone who wants it is able to get it ASAP.

The driving force for me was a lot of the patients I come into contact with have diabetes. It seems of all the covid cases I personally know, which really isn’t that many, the ones that end up in the hospital are the diabetics. What that MD told me is a bit concerning the nurse administering my dose said I missed the Pfizer does by a week. In the end I’m glad I’m doing it but I am bummed out I ended up having to call out sick because I was the first in my group to get the shot. I tried to get the point across it really wasn’t that bad just had to take the day off because of the dizziness.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ya, in all seriousness that how it is for the majority. We have had a bunch of cases the past few weeks but they were found through random tests not because of any symptoms. Unfortunately it spread pretty damn efficiently in one unit and that did end up with at least one hospitalization. They dropped me off this “gun” type thing that shoots a safe for human bleach type solution in a fine mist. I gotta use it at least once a week on the unit. It fell on me only because it’s a bit confusing to load the solution and lock it. Really it’s a 2000usd bleach sprayer. And the solution, a gallon is 175 bucks, what a racket

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My condolences.

One side of my family got hit hard, mothers, but not my father's. Seems certain possible blood types are more susceptible?
    The big boned pork eating lovers on my dad's side are ok, but somehow the side who eats rather well & those who got hit were all between 25-50.
    I've read O positive is least likely, A, AB probable. Just hard to find info on the virus itself. Get well, so we can argue boxing
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

El Kabong Guest

Thanks all for the worries and the well wishes. I only wish everyone who had COVID was lucky enough to have the type I had. If that were the case there'd be nothing to worry about. Since I posted one of my friends has finally recovered he got the Remdesovir treatment and was in ICU for a bit and an acquaintance of mine passed away from it. Both of those guys were very old and not in tip top shape to start with. But hell my friend who was in good shape had it and he had at least a rough 2 days of it.....I didn't have a rough 2 seconds of it bar losing my taste & smell for like a half day.

Hard to believe it's been a whole year

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1217043229427761152
    Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China🇨🇳.

What a bunch of fucking liars they were. The Chinese and the easily duped WHO.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 01-14-2021 at 10:08 PM.

Thread Information