Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I have booked my dad for his first vaccine next week and I may get one as well if they offer me one when I take him.
    Did I hear your lockdown is being extended? Many years ago I read a book about viruses. It was written by an MD who specializes in such things but he wrote it for laymen. Gotta be honest it was a while ago I read it can’t remember a lot but it left me with a deep respect for what viruses can do and how they mastered the art of survival. It ran through a few scenarios of future pandemics, I don’t recall him writing what we are seeing today but some of his possibilities were very grim, I think he left out the whole economic and political impact as that wasn’t the point of the book but viruses have really shed all unnecessary shit as they evolved and are very efficient at doing what they do, as we see. The mutation stuff is pretty amazing. So I think by now, I’m over 10 past my first shot, I think my body should have developed antibodies by now. I’m like 10 days or so away from my second shot.

I think one aspect that may hold some people back is the fact behaviorally nothing changes even when you have both shots. You still gotta wear masks, social distance, maintain the stepped up hygiene. I think I read for air travel and cruises you still need to undergo a covid test. I’m not complaining I’m just explaining. That’s how it is. I mean there is a possibility I could be fired if the catch me without a mask at work. I haven’t seen that happen but I know they sent out an email about it. It’s just weird how it changes nothing in that regard. I actually asked our MD how a vaccinated person could spread the illness. Is it long on me or in my nose and shit and I’m immune to it but I can still breathe it out on others? He said “we just don’t know” yup, that’s the answer you get. Well that’s the answer I got anyway. Just weird.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I have booked my dad for his first vaccine next week and I may get one as well if they offer me one when I take him.
    Did I hear your lockdown is being extended? Many years ago I read a book about viruses. It was written by an MD who specializes in such things but he wrote it for laymen. Gotta be honest it was a while ago I read it can’t remember a lot but it left me with a deep respect for what viruses can do and how they mastered the art of survival. It ran through a few scenarios of future pandemics, I don’t recall him writing what we are seeing today but some of his possibilities were very grim, I think he left out the whole economic and political impact as that wasn’t the point of the book but viruses have really shed all unnecessary shit as they evolved and are very efficient at doing what they do, as we see. The mutation stuff is pretty amazing. So I think by now, I’m over 10 past my first shot, I think my body should have developed antibodies by now. I’m like 10 days or so away from my second shot.

I think one aspect that may hold some people back is the fact behaviorally nothing changes even when you have both shots. You still gotta wear masks, social distance, maintain the stepped up hygiene. I think I read for air travel and cruises you still need to undergo a covid test. I’m not complaining I’m just explaining. That’s how it is. I mean there is a possibility I could be fired if the catch me without a mask at work. I haven’t seen that happen but I know they sent out an email about it. It’s just weird how it changes nothing in that regard. I actually asked our MD how a vaccinated person could spread the illness. Is it long on me or in my nose and shit and I’m immune to it but I can still breathe it out on others? He said “we just don’t know” yup, that’s the answer you get. Well that’s the answer I got anyway. Just weird.
    The new variant may be more deadly than the first and the lockdown will continue until the least end of February. On the bright side the deaths are not going up and the vaccine programme is well underway.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The "Managers" husband has it. Found out this morning but only after one of the receps had to pull it out of the boss man with 101 questions. Apparently she went in yesterday and stayed in one of the surgery rooms for 7 friggin hours. Did not come out and wore a mask (first time) all day. I was off but needless to say staff feels there is deception and bullshit afoot. Word is she will be off a while..it's 'word is' because boss man won't be a professional adult and hold a short staff meeting to fill us in. You know..be honest and have your peoples backs. When asked by text if she was being tested she responded only if she shows symptoms and really does not want to get tested because "I don't want info in some data base" . That right there is a direct result of all the conspiracy boogeyman politicized BS this has become. Basically boss man has turned into a tin foil hat fuck face gambling with health of everyone in the building as well as hundreds of clients. We're minimal staff now and frankly burn out is very real. This is an individual with direct exposure refusing to be tested..a fuckin MANAGER! If she comes back without doing so, if that is allowed, I'm done. There's a chance she already knows she has it and has exposed the entire clinic. I cannot express enough how much I hate liars. They can fook right off.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 01-23-2021 at 02:19 AM.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The new variant may be more deadly than the first and the lockdown will continue until the least end of February. On the bright side the deaths are not going up and the vaccine programme is well underway.
    That’s good, I mean death rates not going up. I guess we are getting a little more organized 1.3 million people were poked Monday I think they broke that Tuesday but I just read that in an email update. That’s another thing with the vaccine, I should say when I got my first poke these other variant weren’t big news so staying masked up and social distanced after the vaccine had nothing to do with these mutations. This was actually the suggested protocol from the vaccine makers I believe. Now the variants. Have the mutated to where these current vax are effective to protect you from them? The general consensus I get is yes they are. But then I heard Pfizer is Moderna isn’t. Then I hear about additional variants on top of the mutations already mentioned. Now virus mutates. They mutate when they enter your body. It’s what they do. But do we have a covid-20 now or just the usual mutations of the 19. I think an honest doctor would probably say “we don’t know” so yeah where are we going now. I guess we are gonna find out one way or another

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh as an additional note we actually had one person test positive for covid after the vaccine (1st shot) it was under 7 days after the first shot, I think it might have been 3-4 days. I guess it’s possible this person actually had the virus and was not symptomatic when they were vaccinated. I’m only getting pieces of the story as they work in a different building and even with covid peoples medical info is protected so it’s like a slow drip.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    It's seems TIC is a fucking dickhead I know first hand what covid does to people it kills some people others are very ill others not so.
    You are probably a little kid who likes a bit of baiting people.
    I know many people with covid family members friends many been very ill indeed I have a long list all tested for covid all posative . My wife and daughter both work in a local hospital they home test twice a week co works of both my wife and daughter have tested positive for covid now this week.
    Why on earth would I lie about such a thing you fucking idiot.
    i never said you lied about anything. people die everyday. i asked how you know covid is a virus caught through the air or off surfaces. if you are offended by that question that's your problem. you started with the dickhead insults so i'll treat you like the coward you are. live is to be lived, not survived
    Little boy your a fucking idiot of course viruses are air born your a bloody dick maybe you can not take it in that brain of yours !!!!.
    I don't know why I bother with fucking idiots like yourself you have me beat on experience.
    that's what you have been told. i want you to tell me how you know covid is a virus caught through the air or off surfaces. it's a very simple question peabrain you can do it
    Look shit for brain's we have three medical GPs in the crematorium who sign all the medical paper work.
    One of the doctors is a ENT consultant all three have told me IT'S A VIRUS jackass why would they lie you prick.!
    Why would Doctors lie considering you say you spend a lot of time in hospitals and medical centers you are a strange individual.!
    that's just believing what someone else has told you, not knowing numbnuts. who said they are lying? they are probably just believing what someone else told them just like you are. can you tell what processes they have done to know that convid is a virus caught through the air or off surfaces? modern medicine doesn't focus on causes, only treating symptoms. there are also financial incentives to having patients listed as convid positive. you never wore a mask before twenty twenty for tuberculosis did you? if they were really worried about peoples health they would promote healthy eating & exercise
    Well your a fool I know for a fact it's killing people ! covid is a killer for some! flu is air born and can be caught off hard surfaces.
    Well why not covid! carry on not wearing a mask what's your favourite word yes coward well I know a fuck jackass when I see one carry on donkey.
    you still haven't told me how you know covid is a virus caught through the air or off surfaces. only that you believe what you have been told. no facts at all in what you are saying shit for brains. just that you believe in what someone else tells you even though you have no proof
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    The "Managers" husband has it. Found out this morning but only after one of the receps had to pull it out of the boss man with 101 questions. Apparently she went in yesterday and stayed in one of the surgery rooms for 7 friggin hours. Did not come out and wore a mask (first time) all day. I was off but needless to say staff feels there is deception and bullshit afoot. Word is she will be off a while..it's 'word is' because boss man won't be a professional adult and hold a short staff meeting to fill us in. You know..be honest and have your peoples backs. When asked by text if she was being tested she responded only if she shows symptoms and really does not want to get tested because "I don't want info in some data base" . That right there is a direct result of all the conspiracy boogeyman politicized BS this has become. Basically boss man has turned into a tin foil hat fuck face gambling with health of everyone in the building as well as hundreds of clients. We're minimal staff now and frankly burn out is very real. This is an individual with direct exposure refusing to be tested..a fuckin MANAGER! If she comes back without doing so, if that is allowed, I'm done. There's a chance she already knows she has it and has exposed the entire clinic. I cannot express enough how much I hate liars. They can fook right off.
    if you are afraid then stay home. just because you fear an imaginary boogeyman doesn't make it real
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TIC... just fuck off already.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    TIC... just fuck off already.
    go fuck yourself spergy

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if you are afraid then stay home. just because you fear an imaginary boogeyman doesn't make it real

For someone who doesn't believe in COVID, you sure spend an extraordinary amount of time and energy ragging on people who do.

What's it to you... and why the strange need? COVID deniers are by and large cynical, angry people.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok just heard “because of el kabong I broke my news blackout” that the current crop of vaccines doesn’t protect against new strains coming around. Ya this is going to be weird

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's what I'm talking about walrus. They are dogging everybody on the first vaccine and then it's six to eight months they're going to say it is not effective against the second strain and the third strain and the fourth strain. My friend called me from Amsterdam in the Netherlands about 3 hours ago and told me that the whole country is locked down worse than any country in the world and they now have four strains and maybe possibly a fifth strain in the Netherlandd

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

For someone who doesn't believe in COVID, you sure spend an extraordinary amount of time and energy ragging on people who do.

What's it to you... and why the strange need? COVID deniers are by and large cynical, angry people.
    because the consequences resulting from peoples fear to this thing they don't even know exists are very real. throwing labels on people now? there was no anger in my post

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok just heard “because of el kabong I broke my news blackout” that the current crop of vaccines doesn’t protect against new strains coming around. Ya this is going to be weird
    the african american men who participated in the tuskegee syphilis study were told that they were receiving free health care from the federal government of the united states. but trust in the powers that should not be, they have your best interests at heart

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right on cue. It's not about being "afraid" it's about leadership being responsible adults and running a professional operation while minimizing risks to employees who cannot just 'stay home'..in any job.

Thread Information