Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
I have booked my dad for his first vaccine next week and I may get one as well if they offer me one when I take him.
Did I hear your lockdown is being extended? Many years ago I read a book about viruses. It was written by an MD who specializes in such things but he wrote it for laymen. Gotta be honest it was a while ago I read it can’t remember a lot but it left me with a deep respect for what viruses can do and how they mastered the art of survival. It ran through a few scenarios of future pandemics, I don’t recall him writing what we are seeing today but some of his possibilities were very grim, I think he left out the whole economic and political impact as that wasn’t the point of the book but viruses have really shed all unnecessary shit as they evolved and are very efficient at doing what they do, as we see. The mutation stuff is pretty amazing. So I think by now, I’m over 10 past my first shot, I think my body should have developed antibodies by now. I’m like 10 days or so away from my second shot.

I think one aspect that may hold some people back is the fact behaviorally nothing changes even when you have both shots. You still gotta wear masks, social distance, maintain the stepped up hygiene. I think I read for air travel and cruises you still need to undergo a covid test. I’m not complaining I’m just explaining. That’s how it is. I mean there is a possibility I could be fired if the catch me without a mask at work. I haven’t seen that happen but I know they sent out an email about it. It’s just weird how it changes nothing in that regard. I actually asked our MD how a vaccinated person could spread the illness. Is it long on me or in my nose and shit and I’m immune to it but I can still breathe it out on others? He said “we just don’t know” yup, that’s the answer you get. Well that’s the answer I got anyway. Just weird.