63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    new zealand had a civil defense warning today. all the bullshit covid measures were overridden by the civil defense instructions
    Shut up you Bum🦘🦘🦘😆
    stay afraid of an imaginary boogeyman coward, just keep believing what you're told instead of knowing for yourself
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At this point TIC even to the most skeptical you just sound like the Black Knight

You ain't ever going to let that bone go are you?

"Running away eh? You yellow bastard come back here and take what's coming to you"

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Tx and Mississippi fully throwing reasonable caution to the wind is not wise at all. Opening in stages put's brains over emotions. I feel like we've gone through this before . Like last year. Gov Abbott would do better to ensure half his State isn't thrown into the literal dark and living in Igloos again. We've treated this virus like an inconvenient diet plan..show some discipline, do some right moves, see the numbers start to tick down and then immediately justify going back to Taco Bell on Friday. Seems we've not learned a thing.
    @Spicoli couldnt agree more. Here we are in Mcallen, TX, 5 miles from the Mexican border, since December 1, 2020. The state is a wreck. Texas has logged

2,684,110 infections with 44,757 deaths

and Abbott wants 100% restaurant capacity by Monday, with NO MASKS. He tried that last Memorial Day, last Labor Day, and last Thanksgiving, with disastrous results. Lets see the infections and deaths skyrocket in about 14 days from today. Fucking nuts.
    Just makes zero sense. It's being ignorant defiant just to be a righteous asshole. We literally tried this. A gradual roll back..absolutely needs to happen, but to go 0 to 60 with only what 8 percent ? vaccinated in the State is reckless. Not to mention the certain 1001 asshats rolling around filming themselves disrupting small businesses trying to have their viral moment.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Spent yesterday in hospital because the GP thought I may have had a heart attack the night before. After loads of tests got the all clear, went home cooked dinner and then drove out and got my first vaccination. Came on the day of starting a huge campaign for a huge community photography/music/mental health project though that had a far better first day than I could ever had hoped so I will take that.

Feel like shit today and fortunately got to bail on a long standing repeat contract because of technical issues (will shoot another day). Went to bed which I never ever do. Have to take Mrs for hers tommorow so hopefully will be better. Think I should be talking to others.

Still glad I had it done.

Hope you're OK mate.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    new zealand had a civil defense warning today. all the bullshit covid measures were overridden by the civil defense instructions
    Shut up you Bum🦘🦘🦘😆
    stay afraid of an imaginary boogeyman coward, just keep believing what you're told instead of knowing for yourself
    Your a childish Bum 😂

El Kabong Guest

Anyone remember the flu? Anyone?

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Everyone I would imagine. Mrs has the flu vaccine every year, it is not like anybody ever denied that the flu could be pretty nasty for some people. It ain't Covid though is it? Your point?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyone I would imagine. Mrs has the flu vaccine every year, it is not like anybody ever denied that the flu could be pretty nasty for some people. It ain't Covid though is it? Your point?
    Even the flu vaccine killed more than a hundred people here last year.

My contention with the vaccines for Covid is that they have been rushed out quickly without thorough investigation. We saw the results of what that can mean with the Swine Flu vaccine pretty much forced on NHS workers who then had awful side effects which saw them unable to work and then years of legal action thereafter.

With these vaccines all you have seen are the short term side effects, we simply do not know the long term side effects yet and this is why I see the general populace as guinea pigs right now. Did you get the swine flu vaccine? I certainly did not. Yet with this they pretty much want everyone to have it and you already have. Even Bill Gates casually brushed off how trials and research would need to be skipped and here you all are taking the shot into the unknown.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"I'm not a Lab Rat"

by OrangeClock

I'm this and I'm that
    No pun intended
    The vaxxxine is Shat
    And not recommended

Unless you're in haste
    For some unknown reason
    Some say its a waste
    But now is flu season

So roll that sleeve up cuz:

"""Choosing stupidly not to get vaccinated isn’t “freedom” any more than driving drunk is. It’s endangering other people's lives. It is profoundly unethical. It is evil. And it, too, is coercive; the anti-vaxxer is forcing me to swim in their viral discharge, anytime we share space in public.

So, what then? Anti-vaxxers are like drunk drivers, but we can’t force them to get vaccinated. Are we just stuck with an evil and dangerous minority ruining life and endangering health for everyone else?"""

This they are saying
    But they can go fuck themselves

El Kabong Guest

But what of flu numbers? Know anyone who has had the flu lately? "Oh well the numbers are down due to the masks & social distancing" is the typical response, but if that works for the flu why not COVID? The flu can indeed be VERY bad and kills plenty of people every year even children. I just wonder about if SOME people with "COVID" actually suffered from the flu.

Now I've had COVID, I've had the flu....if you told me "You can have COVID or the flu" based on my own personal experiences with both I'd take COVID 100 times out of 100....that's my own personal view. It's based on my own personal experiences (and seeing my entire family's experiences) with both.

I guess people might get offended by that or think I'm nuts, but honest to God, my wife, my daughter, my mom, my dad, and I all had COVID....I've had hangnails that have given me more trouble. Granted that's just OUR experiences, but when the absolute very worst the virus gave me was a few hours of no taste & no smell and for my wife a fever for a few hours....yeah I begin to question a lot of things. I'm not denying people die from it, I'm not saying it's not real, I'm not saying "go out & try to catch it, it's super fun", I'm just saying either me & my family are extraordinarily very lucky OR the virus isn't as bad as advertised for healthy people.

Take it however you want.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But what of flu numbers? Know anyone who has had the flu lately? "Oh well the numbers are down due to the masks & social distancing" is the typical response, but if that works for the flu why not COVID? The flu can indeed be VERY bad and kills plenty of people every year even children. I just wonder about if SOME people with "COVID" actually suffered from the flu.

Now I've had COVID, I've had the flu....if you told me "You can have COVID or the flu" based on my own personal experiences with both I'd take COVID 100 times out of 100....that's my own personal view. It's based on my own personal experiences (and seeing my entire family's experiences) with both.

I guess people might get offended by that or think I'm nuts, but honest to God, my wife, my daughter, my mom, my dad, and I all had COVID....I've had hangnails that have given me more trouble. Granted that's just OUR experiences, but when the absolute very worst the virus gave me was a few hours of no taste & no smell and for my wife a fever for a few hours....yeah I begin to question a lot of things. I'm not denying people die from it, I'm not saying it's not real, I'm not saying "go out & try to catch it, it's super fun", I'm just saying either me & my family are extraordinarily very lucky OR the virus isn't as bad as advertised for healthy people.

I believe you and your family were extraordinarily lucky... and we should all be thankful for that.

I myself had it, and experienced relatively mild symptoms for about a week and a half. I say this hesitatingly, as I've always made it my practice to divulge as little as possible about my personal life here... particularly upon seeing how these things become personal attack targets very easily.

I have, however, known of people close to me and some I've just known casually who have had a considerable worse go of it. Some have died. And they haven't all been frail, sickly people either. So I hesitate to generalize about who gets sicker than who. All I know is it's a real disease, known to have killed millions of people worldwide.

I just think we all tend to make mountains out of molehills. Everything is a conspiracy. Everything is a lie. Everything is some obscure and twisted attempt to brainwash people into something. Amazing how we can't seem to just take things at face value. Always gotta be digging and digging. And since people have nothing more to fight about... they fight about mask usage and shit like that.

Hell... look at all the vaccination controversy. "It'll kill you"... "They're gonna implant a chip in you"... "There's a sinister plot behind the vaccinations"... etc, etc, etc. Never mind that some of us are old enough to remember getting vaccines in the past for diseases of those times. Measles, chickenpox, etc. Thankfully there wasn't any of the ridiculous, conspiracy-theory-laden, useless bullshit we see nowadays. You got your shot... and moved on with your life.

I'm sure the forum conspiracy theorist will be along any minute now, which is why I post very little on this thread. But I'll pay as much attention to whatever he has to say as I do to the grass growing in my backyard.

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Most vulnerable people in this country have had a flu shot for years and so will have not gotten very ill with the flu. I think you and your family were lucky but i also think your 'healthy' people point of view really, really fucking sucks.

One of my younger sisters caught covid and she is not even thirty, but it put her in hospital. Her twin was fine and like all of us has the gene that makes Ankolysing Spondylitis a factor in our lives. It does not mean that usually she is unfit, quite the opposite, but her inherited disease makes her vulnerable. There have been plenty of other examples of very fit people getting ill also in a way that flu would very rarely have done so. Flu would not have posed the same problems at all for my sister, even though like you say, for some, even the flu can be fatal. I would understand your skepticism if it were based in a rational set of reasons, but you are asking people to make huge imaginary leaps to give your theory credence. The last thing international capitalist societies and corporations want is to stop people earning and spending money, and so quite why they would, after having no option, choose to introduce the measures they have if Covid really was less serious than the flu, makes no sense at all.

Not everybody who is not 'Healthy' is so because of their own laziness, bad habits or failure to use common sense. We are all living longer on a more and more polluted planet, and so disability and disease,will. however fit you keep yourself very likely become a part of your life.

There is (not you) a bit of a Eugenics "pull your socks up it is your fault and if your just drank protein shakes like me you would not be ill" kind of bullshit undercurrent here on the forum, and the same thing exists in wider society. It would have been nice if all the lockdowns had helped people to understand what is is like for a sizeable chunk of the population who can never go out without help, and have for their entire lives faced the kind of isolation we all now understand a bit better.
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz;1571733
    Most vulnerable people in this country have had a flu shot for years and so will have not gotten very ill with the flu. I think you and your family were lucky but i also think your 'healthy' people point of view really, really fucking sucks.

One of my younger sisters caught covid and she is not even thirty, but it put her in hospital. Her twin was fine and like all of us has the gene that makes Ankolysing Spondylitis a factor in our lives. It does not mean that usually she is unfit, quite the opposite, but her inherited disease makes her vulnerable. There have been plenty of other examples of very fit people getting ill also in a way that flu would very rarely have done so. Flu would not have posed the same problems at all for my sister, even though like you say, for some, even the flu can be fatal. I would understand your skepticism if it were based in a rational set of reasons, but you are asking people to make huge imaginary leaps to give your theory credence. The last thing international capitalist societies and corporations want is to stop people earning and spending money, and so quite why they would, after having no option, choose to introduce the measures they have if Covid really was less serious than the flu, makes no sense at all.

Not everybody who is not 'Healthy' is so because of their own laziness, bad habits or failure to use common sense. We are all living longer on a more and more polluted planet, and so disability and disease,will. however fit you keep yourself very likely become a part of your life.

There is (not you) a bit of a Eugenics [I
    "pull your socks up it is your fault and if your just drank protein shakes like me you would not be ill" [/I]kind of bullshit undercurrent here on the forum, and the same thing exists in wider society. It would have been nice if all the lockdowns had helped people to understand what is is like for a sizeable chunk of the population who can never go out without help, and have for their entire lives faced the kind of isolation we all now understand a bit better.
    Yeah that flu shot thing depends on which type of flu the vaccine was geared to stop and which strain of the flu is running rampant that season. Oftentimes those are very very different.

I appreciate you thinking my point of view sucks. That's totally awesome how you took what I posted, you know, my whole lived experience and everything and then twisted it up to be completely antagonistic to you. Really super awesome when you do that, thanks for putting the effort in. I mean OBVIOUSLY I knew about your sister and I SO BADLY wanted to dunk on people with inherited diseases and health complications...MMMMM....MAN I do so love doing that, I might try it again later on just because it's SOOOOO nails exactly my point and it feels so good to have that be your takeaway.

Yeah I guess the whole "this is what I lived through and experienced" thing totally isn't rational, duh, stupid silly me living through an experience with my family and drawing on all of their experiences from it. What a dope I am.....guess it was just blind fucking luck from all of us.

"Not everybody who is not 'Healthy' is so because of their own laziness, bad habits or failure to use common sense." .....did I say one single solitary fucking thing about that? I've got a Sister In-Law with MS we were quite pleased she didn't/hasn't caught the virus.....oh but there I was talkin' all about how horrible and disgusting the "unhealthies" were....as a matter of fact I was going to go throw rotten tomatoes at them and mock their various ailments because that's the type of 19th century morality play villain I am .....next thing you know I'll have tied Dudley Do-Right's girlfriend to the fucking train tracks.

You DO know in my spare time I actually help raise money to treat children (for free) suffering from various kinds of ailments oh and holy shit what do we have here? https://www.shrinershospitalsforchil...-baszis-md-339 "juvenile ankylosing spondylitis"...God damn "unhealthies"!!!! Why do I feel the need to help out?

Well thanks for ONCE leaving me out of a Nazi analogy, I do sincerely appreciate that.

Maybe just maybe people view "health in general" through the prism of their own life experiences and that of their friends, families, and loved ones.

I was just giving my own personal experiences....my bad, sorry, won't happen again.

Thread Information