Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Whether I do or don't is immaterial, isn't it.

The funny part is watching people go to war over masks.
    See, he is not denying it! Is Tito the panty man among the BLM protestors in Puerto Rico? The mystery deepens.....

I am too disconnected to understand the mask issue. I don't wear a mask when I go for my morning walk, but I do if I go to a hospital. I think that is fair. I do not do public transport or anything like that, so avoid any of that. I guess morning subways must suck. It is a choice though. You choose where you live.

BTW, my masks are not made with panties or boxer shorts and I have no hesitation in declaring this.

The question what does this have to do with anything is something I would say about pretty much everything following about posts number 3 or 4 or whatever it was.

The long and short of it......

If I'm wearing a mask and I bump into somebody who's not... c'est la vie.

If I'm not a wearing a mask and bump into someone who is... the same.

It's just not an issue I want to throw rocks and overturn cars about.

But to each his own, I guess.
    Are you in a built up city or more out of the way? My take is it depends more on your situation. My morning stroll around the block is quiet, so what is the point? Then again where I am now, there are no cases.

Then if I drive out, no mask in car of course, then I will wear it popping into my office and they check my temp, but when up there with a coworker or what have you, then nobody bothers.

It's a situational thing. The guy wearing underwear around his face is a bit silly though. That is not a proper mask.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

See, he is not denying it! Is Tito the panty man among the BLM protestors in Puerto Rico? The mystery deepens.....

I am too disconnected to understand the mask issue. I don't wear a mask when I go for my morning walk, but I do if I go to a hospital. I think that is fair. I do not do public transport or anything like that, so avoid any of that. I guess morning subways must suck. It is a choice though. You choose where you live.

BTW, my masks are not made with panties or boxer shorts and I have no hesitation in declaring this.

The question what does this have to do with anything is something I would say about pretty much everything following about posts number 3 or 4 or whatever it was.

this is how it should be. every person can weigh the risks for themselves. the problem is masks are being mandated in some areas

The problem is businesses who choose to require masks, and catching hell (and even threats) from people who don't want to comply.

Businesses are private establishments and owners should be free to restrict admission as they wish.

You said yourself once that you'd gladly go to another business.
    & what about the businesses that don't want to comply with that nonsense? under mandates they are forced to. i don't shop anywhere that requires a mask or refuses cash

If it's a mandate and it's enforced, then they need to require masks. For most part people will go along with things in a sign of adaptability. At the end of the day, businesses still do business and consumers still consume.

I don't see the point in creating an uproar where there needn't be any.

Now when businesses couldn't open at all...... THAT of course is a hardship many businesses could not afford for very long.

But why look for shit to complain about when life is good?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you in a built up city or more out of the way? My take is it depends more on your situation. My morning stroll around the block is quiet, so what is the point? Then again where I am now, there are no cases.

Then if I drive out, no mask in car of course, then I will wear it popping into my office and they check my temp, but when up there with a coworker or what have you, then nobody bothers.

It's a situational thing. The guy wearing underwear around his face is a bit silly though. That is not a proper mask.

I live in a small town. Not much need for masks other than when going to the supermarket or other businesses that require their use.

For the most part, people comply with that and the social distancing.

FFS, it's not like they're being asked to give up their first-born.

Live goes on and everyone still goes about their shit.

BTW... when at family gatherings, or at the beach... I don't wear masks. Transiting in the car of course I don't wear masks.

If out in open airy areas I don't wear masks.

Bottom line is quality of life just isn't all that affected. It's all in the mind and how you deal with life's little twists and turns.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These mask riot things while they no doubt happen I think it’s blown up a bit. I was in a store yesterday doing the social distance dance and a guy came in with a walker not wearing a mask. He stood in the middle of the store and announced very loudly “I have copd and emphysema I can’t wear a mask it’s difficult for me to breathe.” No one gave a shit. We have no power over others. I’m surprised people are surprised some will rebel against this shit. When have humans agreed on everything. Don’t give me the China shit as they have been masked up there for decades. In Nanking my eyes were watering the air is so bad. Probably kills more people than wuhan. People will burn masks and argue. People will take over city blocks saying it’s to fight injustice as they commit injustice on residents in the area. Is one a surprise and one isn’t? I have seen looting and riots, I have not seen one argument over a mask. I see different parts of my state following the guidelines differently. Wtf you going to do? Roll with it baby, these are strange times.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did the first wave really ever stop. Local Parishes made masking up mandatory when social distancing is 'not possible'. Still very arbitrary. Some of these people coming inside a business with cams in tow in order to have their viral moment and scream about 'muh right to not wear a mask' can feck right off.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And don’t forget, at the height of the riots the media coverage left out covid and sang praise at the gatherings. Where do we get our info on the bad mask rioters now? That same media. Makes me scratch my head a bit.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Did the first wave really ever stop. Local Parishes made masking up mandatory when social distancing is 'not possible'. Still very arbitrary. Some of these people coming inside a business with cams in tow in order to have their viral moment and scream about 'muh right to not wear a mask' can feck right off.
    Have you seen this happen other than on the news? I’m witnessing everyone getting along fine in stores etc

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Have you seen this happen other than on the news? I’m witnessing everyone getting along fine in stores etc

I did see a woman on national TV touting "Burn Your Mask."

If you're really that against it just don't wear it. No need for burning shit.

I haven't weighed in on the thread about the CHOP zone but I think it's ridiculous. It IS possible to come down on one side regarding one particular issue and on the other side regarding another particular issue.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this is how it should be. every person can weigh the risks for themselves. the problem is masks are being mandated in some areas

The problem is businesses who choose to require masks, and catching hell (and even threats) from people who don't want to comply.

Businesses are private establishments and owners should be free to restrict admission as they wish.

You said yourself once that you'd gladly go to another business.
    & what about the businesses that don't want to comply with that nonsense? under mandates they are forced to. i don't shop anywhere that requires a mask or refuses cash

If it's a mandate and it's enforced, then they need to require masks. For most part people will go along with things in a sign of adaptability. At the end of the day, businesses still do business and consumers still consume.

I don't see the point in creating an uproar where there needn't be any.

Now when businesses couldn't open at all...... THAT of course is a hardship many businesses could not afford for very long.

But why look for shit to complain about when life is good?
    that's the problem. it is being forced on them. you are happy for businesses to require them but don't want to give businesses that don't that same freedom. Do you believe masks work?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

did we even have a first wave? do you believe masks work?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't weighed in on the thread about the CHOP zone but I think it's ridiculous. It IS possible to come down on one side regarding one particular issue and on the other side regarding another particular issue.
    on tv

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes tits I stated these things happen I’m just telling you living life in the US I see very little mask controversy in everyday life. It exists, I’m not denying it I can only speak to what I experience living here. I do like to include real life observations to make judgements on things as well.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For instance today I made a stop by quest diagnostics as I need some blood work. I walked up to talk to the social distance line they had been waiting 45 minutes already. I made a joke about it being a pain in the ass to get a cup of coffee so I’m not surprised blood work is worse. Everyone laughed and bitched for a couple minutes about the current state of affairs. Everyone wished each other well and I took off as I didn’t have time to wait. These are the types of things and attitudes I’m running into. Of course you will find extremes on both ends. People who won’t leave the house to people who won’t wear a mask. It’s what it is.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'News' by definition is left up to the viewer these days. Now social media etc there's a clip almost every few days. The anti-pro mask drama shows are all over the place on those platforms. Last one I saw was a grown old woman coughing on a mother and her daughter when they mentioned she didn't have a mask. I don't film drama shows but we had a guy pull the 'my right' card last week. The kind of guy who hangs those fake balls under the rear bumper of his truck. He's more than welcome to take a copy of his records and exit business property stage right too.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

on tv

Which means what..... that it didn't actually happen? I mean.... where do you draw the line between admitting something might be real and choosing to believe we're living a real life version of The Matrix?

It's too easy to stroll around calling every single thing fake.

Thread Information