Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Tx and Mississippi fully throwing reasonable caution to the wind is not wise at all. Opening in stages put's brains over emotions. I feel like we've gone through this before . Like last year. Gov Abbott would do better to ensure half his State isn't thrown into the literal dark and living in Igloos again. We've treated this virus like an inconvenient diet plan..show some discipline, do some right moves, see the numbers start to tick down and then immediately justify going back to Taco Bell on Friday. Seems we've not learned a thing.
    At this point I'm way too pessimistic that this aint close to being over. There is no way out, IMO.

We're too divided to come to a singular conclusion. When the leader of the free world told his 70+ million supporters it was no worse than the flu in public (but said it worse in private) how many of that 70+ million have the right to act on his words? I'd say all.

When the leader of the free world watched Pence get vaccinated in public, Biden, yet he did it in private -back in January, how many millions have the right to say- it still is a liberal hoax? If not from their backwoods, social platform of news they want to hear.......they won't believe it, we both sadly know this, correct?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...use-in-january

Trump reportedly quietly got his COVID-19 vaccine in January
    He tells CPAC to get vaccinated, but not USA, how do his supporters ignore that? They do. With ease.

When corner stores and gas stations are allowed to sell us masks with 1 of 2 labels : made in China or - may not be suitable for medical purposes, how did we get to the point, where not the previous nor current President can at least ensure we buy masks that are meant to at least minimize risk as opposed to buying because it's on the cheap, or- worse! Fashion statements.

I thought I had bought a camaflouged mask- as they were all out of the regulars ones...take a look at this doo-doo here:
    IMG_20210302_095514485.jpg

Somewhere there is a fool actually wearing that mask.

and to add to it- There could be six distinct types of COVID-19 as of today?

But wait, let us not forget the religious zealots who add in right wing ideology as the best means-
    Catholic leaders warn against ‘morally compromised’ Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine

https://www.pennlive.com/coronavirus...9-vaccine.html

So we got millions who won't wear masks because their prez said it was a liberal hoax.
    We got potentially millions who won't get vaccinated because they're enthralled with groups like Qanon- claims vaccines turn children gay or trans
    https://www.insider.com/qanon-conspi...ans-gay-2021-2
    Yup, fagism in a vile tube.

Or potentially millions who believe: 5G chip 'hidden' in COVID vaccines?
    https://sea.mashable.com/tech/13900/...a-guitar-pedal

What makes that one cool is that it turns out to be a diagram of my favorite guitar pedal - the Metal zone! This is the state of thinking? Just give a diagram, call it Bigbrother in a vaccine- and they not only believe it- they raise their kids to fear it. And blame liberals. Got to!
    Why not?

We got millions who wont get vaccinated unless it comes from Pfizer not Johnson & Johnson. as if Pfizer has a label: "Approved by Angels for Jesus ":

We got millions wearing masks that may not be doing anything other than selling a fashion statement.
    We got strains, mutating likea mofo

And we got millions of people whose business, their ability to exist-have lost their jobs because they're in the service business, restuarant, bars, gyms, how do we tell them for a year plus- no one can solicit them?

I see no way out
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 03-05-2021 at 08:32 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    A sore arm? I have read reports of people getting the vaccine here saying it hurt less than other shots. I think part of it depends on the person doing it and also how your veins are. I have awesome veins and they are easy to shoot and I generally feel little when needles go in when it is a good nurse. The less effective nurse will end up bruising you up. Not painful though. I tend to deal with pain very easily though. The kind of person who could cut off a finger joint and not flinch. A bit Lector like at times. Others with more flab and deeper veins probably have a harder time as you have to locate the rotters. I would be a brilliant junky.
    Well miles don’t forget this is IM, intramuscular. These types of shots tend to hurt more but the first one hurt so bad it may have been something the nurse did I really can’t say. Second one which made me much sicker I had severe arm pain but it honestly disappeared in hours. The first one the pain lasted days. Typically anything shot in the vein should not have any long lasting pain. It’s really the IMs that get you.
    The Plague chap turned out negative. I was getting a bit excited about it, but all that time in a car with the other Plague Carrier and nothing. Just random sick as one is sometimes. What kind of Plague does not infect the other person in the car with you? Surely no escape in a car with the windows shut.

Maybe, but I don't recall pain from the Hep vaccine shots. Or CT scan needles in the arm for an hour at a time. Guess I am just used to it all. Contrast is another one that is meant to make you feel icky, but I don't mind it. Probably the ickiest was having my eyeball scraped with a scalpel. That did make me feel off, but I didn't feel it until I got home. The eye is very sensitive. Would hate to be injected in there. Eww.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    A sore arm? I have read reports of people getting the vaccine here saying it hurt less than other shots. I think part of it depends on the person doing it and also how your veins are. I have awesome veins and they are easy to shoot and I generally feel little when needles go in when it is a good nurse. The less effective nurse will end up bruising you up. Not painful though. I tend to deal with pain very easily though. The kind of person who could cut off a finger joint and not flinch. A bit Lector like at times. Others with more flab and deeper veins probably have a harder time as you have to locate the rotters. I would be a brilliant junky.
    Well miles don’t forget this is IM, intramuscular. These types of shots tend to hurt more but the first one hurt so bad it may have been something the nurse did I really can’t say. Second one which made me much sicker I had severe arm pain but it honestly disappeared in hours. The first one the pain lasted days. Typically anything shot in the vein should not have any long lasting pain. It’s really the IMs that get you.
    you motherfuckers get any more graphic youre gonna make me vomit FFS.
    I missed this post. Sorry Brock!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People often misread my verbose rhetorical style, so just want to say of course I am glad that chap is negative.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People often misread my verbose rhetorical style, so just want to say of course I am glad that chap is negative.

Verbose?

Hold my beer
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good that your heart did not plop, but what made the doctor think you had a heart attack? Pinched nerve feeling or something like that?

I have some Covid drama. I am not massively fussed, but we will see. A chap at my wife's firm shared a car with a Plague carrier and then a week later had Plague symptoms. My wife passed by him, but no actual conversation or anything. His results come in today and she and others have been told to work from home. She said 'You may have to quarantine too'. 'Piss off, I do not interact with humans, why should I stay home?' Unlikely I will get it, but ready to put the nutrition to the test if need be.

More like an Elephant sitting on your chest kid of feeling The GP i think was being hyper vigilant because my Father had had at least one undetected heart attack at my age which they did not discover until they did the pre-op tests before fitting a stent. Myself and the Mrs had been unwell for a week and had both had a Covid test on Sunday but that was all clear and so I think knowing that was the case was enough to suggest being checked over. I have had plenty of angio and echo cardiograms, x-rays before so nothing too alarming and for me everything came back normal.

You can do all the common sense things you like and i have supplemented my Vitamin D for the last year (the Mrs always has) but even the best nutrition in the world is not going to give you super powers. Likelihood of infection is tied to a lot of things but particularly where in the infection cycle the spreader is. So when really ill they will shed loads which is the virus way of trying to survive by finding a new host.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Jesus, hope you are feeling better. After possibly having a heart attack, still going out to get the vax shows your toughness and bravery.

Thanks mate but as you know the brother in law has just finished his chemo etc after a very nasty few months of battling cancer and he went and had his vaccine, that is brave not me. I felt like shite yesterday which he did too but just suggests a robust immune response and probably indicates that i had not previously had Covid without knowing which is reassuring as well. Feel much better today, bit of a dead arm and still fatigued but worth it to help drive the infection rate down.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No veins, they just punch it right into the muscle. I know a long time heroin user (30+ years) who is awaiting a transplant and is always complaining how shit the medics are at finding veins for tests and canulas etc "Just ask me i am an expert" he says The Mrs has Botox injections in her paralyzed arm to release the spasticity and they make me wince a bit. Straight and deep into the tendons to release her bunched muscles.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Scary....good news you did NOT have a heart attack and have started your vaccinations and even better you're having a big gig lined up too.

Thank you.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Good that your heart did not plop, but what made the doctor think you had a heart attack? Pinched nerve feeling or something like that?

I have some Covid drama. I am not massively fussed, but we will see. A chap at my wife's firm shared a car with a Plague carrier and then a week later had Plague symptoms. My wife passed by him, but no actual conversation or anything. His results come in today and she and others have been told to work from home. She said 'You may have to quarantine too'. 'Piss off, I do not interact with humans, why should I stay home?' Unlikely I will get it, but ready to put the nutrition to the test if need be.

More like an Elephant sitting on your chest kid of feeling The GP i think was being hyper vigilant because my Father had had at least one undetected heart attack at my age which they did not discover until they did the pre-op tests before fitting a stent. Myself and the Mrs had been unwell for a week and had both had a Covid test on Sunday but that was all clear and so I think knowing that was the case was enough to suggest being checked over. I have had plenty of angio and echo cardiograms, x-rays before so nothing too alarming and for me everything came back normal.

You can do all the common sense things you like and i have supplemented my Vitamin D for the last year (the Mrs always has) but even the best nutrition in the world is not going to give you super powers. Likelihood of infection is tied to a lot of things but particularly where in the infection cycle the spreader is. So when really ill they will shed loads which is the virus way of trying to survive by finding a new host.
    Glad you are fine.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Had the rapid covid test at the civic centre yesterday, as my wife is starting back at school Monday, which was not as bad I thought it would be sticking something down your throat and up your nose. The result came back in 30 minutes.

Children will have it too when they get to school and then given home test kits to use twice a week.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    new zealand had a civil defense warning today. all the bullshit covid measures were overridden by the civil defense instructions
    Shut up you Bum🦘🦘🦘😆

El Kabong Guest

I still feel like we're getting mixed signals in regards to COVID. I mean Biden says go through all the mask, vaccine, distancing stuff. Fauci says shit like we might not be able to ever have indoor dining ever again, Texas & Mississippi Governors have removed mask mandates.....and illegal immigrants are allowed in and are free to travel within the US even if they pop positive for COVID.

So as a person who has had it, and had a peach of a time with it.... I just throw my hands up at this point. I don't trust these folks, I don't trust the WHO, I don't necessarily trust the CDC, I certainly don't trust Fauci who will say literally anything depending on the audience. I've had it, it wasn't bad FOR ME (and for my family) and we're all very lucky that was the case. It was different than anything I've ever had before, I don't want it again, but I'd take it over what the flu usually does.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still feel like we're getting mixed signals in regards to COVID. I mean Biden says go through all the mask, vaccine, distancing stuff. Fauci says shit like we might not be able to ever have indoor dining ever again, Texas & Mississippi Governors have removed mask mandates.....and illegal immigrants are allowed in and are free to travel within the US even if they pop positive for COVID.

So as a person who has had it, and had a peach of a time with it.... I just throw my hands up at this point. I don't trust these folks, I don't trust the WHO, I don't necessarily trust the CDC, I certainly don't trust Fauci who will say literally anything depending on the audience. I've had it, it wasn't bad FOR ME (and for my family) and we're all very lucky that was the case. It was different than anything I've ever had before, I don't want it again, but I'd take it over what the flu usually does.
    Agree with all that, its maddening and mixed sigs. I did an experiment yesterday. I called 6 of my all-time GOAT Indian/Pakistani Buffet restaurants in Jersey City, New Jersey, and I found out they HAVENT EVEN HAD THE BUFFET for MONTHS. INdoor dining at 25% as of yesterday though. I then called 4 of my regular Buffet Restaurants here up in Irving, Texas yesterday: ALL 4 ARE OPEN AND SAY THEY NEVER SHUT DOWN THE BUFFET, EVER, SINCE THIS BEGAN. They are at 75% capacity since December 2020, and also all going to 100% capacity in 48 hours from now, MASK-FREE.

How fucking much bigger of a contrast CAN YOU GET THAN THAT? I wish I knew what the fuck .

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Scary....good news you did NOT have a heart attack and have started your vaccinations and even better you're having a big gig lined up too.

Thank you.
    We might not get along all that often, but it's important to know where the line is drawn. I don't wish you or your family anything but the best in life, career, and health. We disagree on political stuff and that is all...maybe music, but nothing worthy of a knockdown drag out.

Glad you're ok

Thread Information