Dislikes Dislikes:  11
Page 63 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid- 19 - Second wave

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If it saves lives
    There's a lot of people dealing with a lot of shit that is way worse for you than COVID, I don't think keeping them all locked up will help them all that much. Depression/Mental Illness, drug/alcohol abuse, spouse/child abuse.....staying locked up isn't going to be the winning move for those people.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    If it saves lives
    There's a lot of people dealing with a lot of shit that is way worse for you than COVID, I don't think keeping them all locked up will help them all that much. Depression/Mental Illness, drug/alcohol abuse, spouse/child abuse.....staying locked up isn't going to be the winning move for those people.
    Those people need support that is for sure but the lockdown has saved more people than if there was no lockdown.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Someone answer me this: my friends just got back from Shanghai from a 3 week visit/trade show. There is No lockdown there and restaurants are open and bustling as are shops and malls. Can somebody please tell me how China has accomplished this but we are all locked down?

Seriously waiting for an intelligent answer on this.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Someone answer me this: my friends just got back from Shanghai from a 3 week visit/trade show. There is No lockdown there and restaurants are open and bustling as are shops and malls. Can somebody please tell me how China has accomplished this but we are all locked down?

Because they sent this virus round the World to enable their quest for World domination.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Because they sent this virus round the World to enable their quest for World domination.
    I agree 110%, but how the fuck did THEY get rid of it and have now such a bustling open society?

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've had a really shit day 10 o'clock this morning I had to cremate a 46 year old mother of three girls ages 8 10 12 it was absolutely terrible I nearly fell to bits those poor children crying for there mother fucking hell .
    There mother died of covid my god this pulled at my heart thank god I still have some empathy anyhow the truth is covid is terrible don't forget that what a tragedy.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    I've had a really shit day 10 o'clock this morning I had to cremate a 46 year old mother of three girls ages 8 10 12 it was absolutely terrible I nearly fell to bits those poor children crying for there mother fucking hell .
    There mother died of covid my god this pulled at my heart thank god I still have some empathy anyhow the truth is covid is terrible don't forget that what a tragedy.
    God Almighty, Rich. Brutal. What is this world.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

God Almighty, Rich. Brutal. What is this world.
    Yes Steve my head's gone today It was upsetting but I am still glad I am only human.!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree 110%, but how the fuck did THEY get rid of it and have now such a bustling open society?
    There’s either one of two scenarios.
    1. This came out of a lab , whether accidental or on purpose. And with this scenario , “THEY” never really had it. 80 odd thousand cases for the population they have is nothing.
    2. Let’s say I’m being an idiot and put a more pragmatic scenario. They got rid of it with REAL Lockdowns and Social distancing and mask wearing being absolutely STRICTLY ADHERED TO. NO EXCUSES.
    I’m afraid the Western World is mollycoddled and arrogant and not used to having to be told what to do.
    You look at the countries this has affected the most and it tells you a story.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because they took it seriously from Day one when the UK and the USA were run by clowns . And there are still people defending their appalling criminal negligence.

It took until this week nearly a full year since the UK started getting cases for Patel to introduce proper checks at airports and enforced quarantine and testing of visitors from countries with high rates of Covid.

And still many are just waltzing in.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is terrible. Thanks for doing what you do mate. You should be proud of being able to carry on to be honest. I am not sure i could do it. Let's hope the vaccine rollout will make that a rarer and rarer occurrence for you, and give us all a bit of a light at the end of the tunnel.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

Those people need support that is for sure but the lockdown has saved more people than if there was no lockdown.
    Where does that logic lead? How much control of your life are you willing to give your government for this IDEA of complete safety?

Also haven't people died of COVID during lockdown? A lot of good the lockdown did THEM!

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Because they took it seriously from Day one
    I'd say welding people inside homes & apartments IS indeed "taking it seriously", but why lie to the WHO?

China should answer for causing this. At BEST it was a horrible accident they're responsible for. At WORST it's an overt act of War that demands a response.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Where does that logic lead? How much control of your life are you willing to give your government for this IDEA of complete safety?

Also haven't people died of COVID during lockdown? A lot of good the lockdown did THEM!
    I said there would be more deaths with no lockdown, never said no deaths. It is not about giving control but being safe for you and others.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Having lived in South Korea from 2007 to 2011, I regularly wore a mask during the height of their usual flu seasons, as did my co-teachers, principal, and the students MOSTLY wore them, maybe 60% or so. It would last a week or 2, then it would be relaxed when the flu died down. I never thought it was weird or an infringement on my rights or anything, I was glad to wear a mask because they get some pretty serious flu seasons over there in The Far East.

I wish the US wouldve mandated masks the moment it was obviously skyrocketing in NYC and elsewhere here. Not sure it wouldve solved it though, but it just HAD TO HAVE cut it down significantly.

Yeah IM not for welding peeps into buildings, that was brutal shit, and THAT answers why in part they got it under control but fuck it, maybe once in a blue moon you gotta do that type of shit WTF do I know.

Thread Information