Likes Likes:  315
Dislikes Dislikes:  11
Page 33 of 78 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid- 19 - Second wave

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Masks are there primarily to protect other people from the wearer. It is a selfish and very fearful attitude to not be in the least bit worried about protecting other people's rights and more worried about preserving some illusion of strength or independence.
    OK then so if a person got tested for COVID & didn't have COVID they could not wear a mask and everything would be ok or is the mask a mandatory thing because "you never know"?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They should wear a lanyard or a badge that says "God dangit!! I've been tested and I'm covid free dangit!!" In smaller font "it's ok if I cough on you"

Not sure if masks are mandatory anywhere are they? I see people freely walking around, some masked up, some not. In places that have a sign saying be a good egg and mask up. No one gets forcibly removed from anywhere. Not that I've seen anyway.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    They should wear a lanyard or a badge that says "God dangit!! I've been tested and I'm covid free dangit!!" In smaller font "it's ok if I cough on you"

Not sure if masks are mandatory anywhere are they? I see people freely walking around, some masked up, some not. In places that have a sign saying be a good egg and mask up. No one gets forcibly removed from anywhere. Not that I've seen anyway.
    Seen Australia lately?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The vid didn't really address whether masks are mandatory though did it? They may be, I don't know. You'd have to be inclined to go through every states law for the answer to that. They're not mandatory where I come from.

Neither of those people would have been arrested if they had a badge or a lanyard. That much is a fact.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Masks are there primarily to protect other people from the wearer. It is a selfish and very fearful attitude to not be in the least bit worried about protecting other people's rights and more worried about preserving some illusion of strength or independence.
    OK then so if a person got tested for COVID & didn't have COVID they could not wear a mask and everything would be ok or is the mask a mandatory thing because "you never know"?

Attached Images
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To answer El Kabong's question of "OK then so if a person got tested for COVID & didn't have COVID they could not wear a mask and everything would be ok or is the mask a mandatory thing because "you never know"?"

If they tested negative and didnt wear a mask after that DURING THIS PANDEMIC, they could easily become infected from others who are also not wearing masks. Also, just because they tested negative today doesnt mean they are out of the woods because they could have been infected yesterday or 72 hours ago and the incubation stage is happening inside them may take longer --- I dont think you test positive the moment the virus enters your mucous membrane. It has to incubate and reach a certain level in your body before it shows up --- in many people this could take 7 days. So testing negative today proves only that right at this moment you dont have any detectable virus. So yes, you could test the following day, or 2, 3, 4 , 5 days later as positive even if today you were negative.

True what you say about "you never know", but during a pandemic it is certainly highly likely as contagious as this shit is, for you to be infected without a mask.

I didnt even get into how you may test negative but a few days later be positive and asymptomatic, and if you dont wear a mask you can easily spread it to others.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The vid didn't really address whether masks are mandatory though did it? They may be, I don't know. You'd have to be inclined to go through every states law for the answer to that. They're not mandatory where I come from.

Neither of those people would have been arrested if they had a badge or a lanyard. That much is a fact.
    Masks are mandatory in my state. Can include a fine of 150 or something for not wearing one “in public” I have had two negative tests for covid since it hit still need to wear my mask. I wear it at work and shopping but if I’m walking down an empty sidewalk I remove it. I honestly don’t know if it’s breaking the law. I use those light blue medical masks you see Biden wearing now only because I get them supplied free. I honestly don’t think they would do much to prevent me from getting or giving the illness but it keeps everyone happy so wtf. On the two tests I got they hand you paperwork that it is possible to have a false negative or a false positive. I wanted to get an antibody test but I talked to a Dr he told me most of them are as accurate as a coin flip. The exposure rate in my state is .07%. That is after schools opening. They actually sent out a warning that we had a big spike up to 1.6% but then reported a miscount and revised it back to .07%. Don’t ask me the deal with that. I’m bringing someone for a test tomorrow morning at 9:30a. 46% of the people who test positive only know they have it cause they test positive. Yet no doubt I’ll have a few more tests before this is over. I’m not anti mask or call wuhan a hoax or any of that, I think I’m more confused about all this shit than anything else. Companies are now competing to give tests. It’s big industry. 1 billion a week we spend on testing last I heard. You see adverts all over “free covid testing here”.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sound like typical behaviour to me. Pop one on when needed. Otherwise don't wear one. I do exactly the same. Do I think it's helping? Yeah, the shops ask for it and it puts other people at ease.

I wouldn't say I'm against the 'we refuse to wear a mask!!!' each to their own and all that. I do find it utterly pathetic though when people make a big song and dance about it. Especially those that use the Lion amongst the sheep picture 'Me not wearing a mask amongst those that do'. What a hero.

What state you in?

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sound like typical behaviour to me. Pop one on when needed. Otherwise don't wear one. I do exactly the same. Do I think it's helping? Yeah, the shops ask for it and it puts other people at ease.

I wouldn't say I'm against the 'we refuse to wear a mask!!!' each to their own and all that. I do find it utterly pathetic though when people make a big song and dance about it. Especially those that use the Lion amongst the sheep picture 'Me not wearing a mask amongst those that do'. What a hero.

What state you in?
    He is in a fucking terrible state mate
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CDC mask studies contradict themselves more than Kanye West... so I tend not to hang on their every word when it comes to mask-wearing advice.

It just seems to me that if we can catch common colds, the flu, or any type of respiratory illness by way of close proximity to sneezing, coughing people...... it stands to reason that masks should help at least a little.

I certainly don't see where they would hurt.

One thing is for certain, though. Never in the history of humanity has something so small and insignificant caused such an uproar to the point of violence and hatred, as the plain ol' mask.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They hurt people in the feelings way

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    CDC mask studies contradict themselves more than Kanye West... so I tend not to hang on their every word when it comes to mask-wearing advice.

It just seems to me that if we can catch common colds, the flu, or any type of respiratory illness by way of close proximity to sneezing, coughing people...... it stands to reason that masks should help at least a little.

One thing is for certain, though. Never in the history of humanity has something so small and insignificant caused such an uproar to the point of violence and hatred, as the plain ol' mask.

What worse then innocent comments like 'Readings obviously not your wheelhouse'?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What worse then innocent comments like 'Readings obviously not your wheelhouse'?

Itching for another bitch-slap, I presume?

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Itching for another bitch-slap, I presume?

Itching?

Sounds contagious.

I would ask for you a fast witty reply but we all know it would take the contagious.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Precisely. It's exactly the point I have made so many times before. Guarantee if Hillary Clinton was President when Covid 19 arrived, and if she was cavalier about Mask wearing, that the folks on the other side would be not only wearing masks on steroids, but Apollo 11 space suits.

Only in the United States could something so simple and common Sense be politicized to such polarization in society.

I've said it before, in terms of Asia only, I lived nearly 4 years in South Korea and 2 years in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, and during the normal flu seasons each year, just about every single person wore a mask. It's just common sense.

Thread Information