Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Covid- 19 - Second wave

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Having lived in South Korea from 2007 to 2011, I regularly wore a mask during the height of their usual flu seasons, as did my co-teachers, principal, and the students MOSTLY wore them, maybe 60% or so. It would last a week or 2, then it would be relaxed when the flu died down. I never thought it was weird or an infringement on my rights or anything, I was glad to wear a mask because they get some pretty serious flu seasons over there in The Far East.

I wish the US wouldve mandated masks the moment it was obviously skyrocketing in NYC and elsewhere here. Not sure it wouldve solved it though, but it just HAD TO HAVE cut it down significantly.

Yeah IM not for welding peeps into buildings, that was brutal shit, and THAT answers why in part they got it under control but fuck it, maybe once in a blue moon you gotta do that type of shit WTF do I know.
    One thing that is a big help in fighting this is the Vaccine. Still not keen on that ? #justsaying
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Having lived in South Korea from 2007 to 2011, I regularly wore a mask during the height of their usual flu seasons, as did my co-teachers, principal, and the students MOSTLY wore them, maybe 60% or so. It would last a week or 2, then it would be relaxed when the flu died down. I never thought it was weird or an infringement on my rights or anything, I was glad to wear a mask because they get some pretty serious flu seasons over there in The Far East.

I wish the US wouldve mandated masks the moment it was obviously skyrocketing in NYC and elsewhere here. Not sure it wouldve solved it though, but it just HAD TO HAVE cut it down significantly.

Yeah IM not for welding peeps into buildings, that was brutal shit, and THAT answers why in part they got it under control but fuck it, maybe once in a blue moon you gotta do that type of shit WTF do I know.
    One thing that is a big help in fighting this is the Vaccine. Still not keen on that ? #justsaying
    No not that keen, there are many reports of people who got the first AND the 2nd booster and STILL they came down with COVID, I just read about 4 cases this morning in Chicago like that -- each of the new strains responds differently to the current vaccines. Now you got the Brazilian, the SOuth African and the B117 you got over there. Just this morning in Japan a new strain was discovered. In addition, many people get sick, have some pretty bad side effects from it, and finally I have read that this particular vaccine will not be effective on all of the other strains/mutations/that appear to make it capable of evading antibodies generated by vaccines. Also I just dont trust the vaccine, which is a subjective assessment not based in any scientific data, and feel that they will keep requiring more and more boosters as more and more strains are detected; The B.1.1.7 variant has a slightly altered spike protein, which the virus uses like a crowbar to pry its way into your cells. It’s swapped out some of the amino-acid building blocks in previous strains for others. I just saw University of Rochester study saying the vax will not be more than 20-40% effective for that strain and neither will it be for the new P-1 Brazilian strain. For all those reasons, I personally am not keen on it and will not be getting it.
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 02-20-2021 at 12:35 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    your eyes would absorb this imaginary virus if it existed in the air. encouraging people to wear material masks should be all you need to know about this bullshit
    What is this obsession with strawman arguments across the forum?

Nobody suggested anywhere that you cannot absorb droplets thru the eyes. That is an argument nobody has made and you invented to knock down. That is why those in high risk situations who have to spend extended amounts of time with the infected e.g Doctors in hospitals etc, wear eye protection.

We are still waiting for you to provide any evidence whatsoever to prove your 'imaginary' hypothesis.

We are all ears.
    stating the truth is a strawman? evidence of your belief? grow a brain spastic

No making an argument that nobody else as made in order for you to easily knock it down is a strawman argument. They are all the rage here nowadays.

Nobody denied that you could absorb the droplets from this virus thru your eyes, which is why many people wear eye protection and advise others to do so ( In Hospitals etc). You though presented it as though it were a binary argument in which everyone was pretending that you didn't need to cover your eyes just your nose and mouth.

Then you could pretend that you had knocked down an argument made of straw that only you had made.

Try putting on your thinking head next time Wurzel.
    i said your eyes would absorb this imaginary virus if it existed. that is the truth. i presented it as the truth. all the other bullshit about pretending you are making up. deal with what i type. not what you make up. the second part i typed was about them telling people to use material as masks. completely pointless. remember this?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Someone answer me this: my friends just got back from Shanghai from a 3 week visit/trade show. There is No lockdown there and restaurants are open and bustling as are shops and malls. Can somebody please tell me how China has accomplished this but we are all locked down?

Seriously waiting for an intelligent answer on this.
    because covid only exists in the media
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    I've had a really shit day 10 o'clock this morning I had to cremate a 46 year old mother of three girls ages 8 10 12 it was absolutely terrible I nearly fell to bits those poor children crying for there mother fucking hell .
    There mother died of covid my god this pulled at my heart thank god I still have some empathy anyhow the truth is covid is terrible don't forget that what a tragedy.
    it's always a tragedy when someone dies. i know people younger than that that have died recently with kids. but covid isn't real

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Someone answer me this: my friends just got back from Shanghai from a 3 week visit/trade show. There is No lockdown there and restaurants are open and bustling as are shops and malls. Can somebody please tell me how China has accomplished this but we are all locked down?

Because they sent this virus round the World to enable their quest for World domination.
    I agree 110%, but how the fuck did THEY get rid of it and have now such a bustling open society?
    There’s either one of two scenarios.
    1. This came out of a lab , whether accidental or on purpose. And with this scenario , “THEY” never really had it. 80 odd thousand cases for the population they have is nothing.
    2. Let’s say I’m being an idiot and put a more pragmatic scenario. They got rid of it with REAL Lockdowns and Social distancing and mask wearing being absolutely STRICTLY ADHERED TO. NO EXCUSES.
    I’m afraid the Western World is mollycoddled and arrogant and not used to having to be told what to do.
    You look at the countries this has affected the most and it tells you a story.
    you forgot the third scenario that it's all bullshit

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Those people need support that is for sure but the lockdown has saved more people than if there was no lockdown.
    Where does that logic lead? How much control of your life are you willing to give your government for this IDEA of complete safety?

Also haven't people died of COVID during lockdown? A lot of good the lockdown did THEM!
    I said there would be more deaths with no lockdown, never said no deaths. It is not about giving control but being safe for you and others.
    stupidity is mankind's worst problem

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

fighting what exactly? if you get your vaccine then you won't need to worry yeh

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Those people need support that is for sure but the lockdown has saved more people than if there was no lockdown.
    Where does that logic lead? How much control of your life are you willing to give your government for this IDEA of complete safety?

Also haven't people died of COVID during lockdown? A lot of good the lockdown did THEM!
    I said there would be more deaths with no lockdown, never said no deaths. It is not about giving control but being safe for you and others.
    stupidity is mankind's worst problem
    ​Yes, I completely agree .....
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because they sent this virus round the World to enable their quest for World domination.
    I agree 110%, but how the fuck did THEY get rid of it and have now such a bustling open society?
    There’s either one of two scenarios.
    1. This came out of a lab , whether accidental or on purpose. And with this scenario , “THEY” never really had it. 80 odd thousand cases for the population they have is nothing.
    2. Let’s say I’m being an idiot and put a more pragmatic scenario. They got rid of it with REAL Lockdowns and Social distancing and mask wearing being absolutely STRICTLY ADHERED TO. NO EXCUSES.
    I’m afraid the Western World is mollycoddled and arrogant and not used to having to be told what to do.
    You look at the countries this has affected the most and it tells you a story.
    you forgot the third scenario that it's all bullshit
    fair play, you are on one tonight. I fucking love you!
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 02-20-2021 at 10:01 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No not that keen, there are many reports of people who got the first AND the 2nd booster and STILL they came down with COVID, I just read about 4 cases this morning in Chicago like that -- each of the new strains responds differently to the current vaccines. Now you got the Brazilian, the SOuth African and the B117 you got over there. Just this morning in Japan a new strain was discovered. In addition, many people get sick, have some pretty bad side effects from it, and finally I have read that this particular vaccine will not be effective on all of the other strains/mutations/that appear to make it capable of evading antibodies generated by vaccines. Also I just dont trust the vaccine, which is a subjective assessment not based in any scientific data, and feel that they will keep requiring more and more boosters as more and more strains are detected; The B.1.1.7 variant has a slightly altered spike protein, which the virus uses like a crowbar to pry its way into your cells. It’s swapped out some of the amino-acid building blocks in previous strains for others. I just saw University of Rochester study saying the vax will not be more than 20-40% effective for that strain and neither will it be for the new P-1 Brazilian strain. For all those reasons, I personally am not keen on it and will not be getting it.
    I hear what you’re saying . I don’t agree with all of it, but I respect your view.
    But you have to start somewhere. What other options are there? How else do we get this virus under control?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://twitter.com/josie_huang/stat...72490619072512

Keep scrolling. Lots of posts. Explains it nicely. Taiwan which has hundreds of planes landing every day from every major city in China including Wuhan have a population the same size as Texas. Texas have 42000 plus deaths. Taiwan have nine.

Attached Images

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're not giving anything to the government. The government is nor sitting there rubbing its totalitarian hands at the sight of millions of Americans wearing masks and distancing. The government is trying to keep you alive. You're giving up whatever it is you're giving up to your fellow Americans. You're doing these things so that less of you end up dead or killing your old relatives or whatever.

Have a look at Taiwan and what's possible. There have been hundreds of thousands of absolutely needless deaths in America because people won't do what they're told and because some criminally idiot politicians were telling them to do the opposite anyway. Ask yourself who is freer right now, the Taiwanese who brought in universal mask wearing and distancing and so on and dealt with it in five minutes and have been living a normal life pretty much since April or Americans right now?

Maybe the people who run public health in America know alittle bit more than the collection of absolute morons who think they know better?

Also the suicide rate in America didn't budge in 2020. Doubtless lots of people have been affected in various ways but again the public health people are aware of all this and take it all into account.

And the wider poing in the thread about where it came from. There is unanimity among public health experts that it came from bats originally and to humans via another species that got it from bats. It didn't come from the Chinese government, who sorted their virus problem out with stricter measures than even Taiwan. You can read all about this yourselves and discover all the information you need to be informed. There are these things called newspapers.

Thread Information