Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
I don’t know what your saying Brock and the zoom crew I just report what is going on. The store next door the lady was sitting behind a desk with no mask. ItS her store I’m not going to tell her to wear one. The point being I report what I see rather than just relying on the news. It’s good to report what you are experiencing I’d like to hear how things are in other peoples area

Over here it's quiet. No mask drama, or at most very little. No fistfights over masks... no videoed meltdowns on Facebook... no one encouraging others to burn their masks... nothing. Every once in a while we'll hear about someone who got admonished or even detained for not wearing a mask in a public establishment. For the most part people just wear the damn things. In fact, I've seen people get out of their cars and head toward the store..... realize they forgot their mask..... and turn around and go get it.

I never thought facemasks would be the next great battleground in the U.S.
Pretty much the same here really. Yes the media in the US likes to hype everything else but what you just stated is pretty much which everyone I talk to here is experiencing. Those are people in various states and economic conditions. I’ll let the media report what it wishes. We have over 360 million people here. Your country is similar in size and population to my state. Texas is bigger than France right? Or are they equal size? I’m sure if I dig around my state I could find some mask burners but I’ll leave that to the media, they have more time

The US is so big and diverse, though. You have huge, urban areas as well as sprawling rural areas. You have all kinds of people. Other countries had the advantage of having only one voice. In the U.S. they chose to leave it up to each individual State. That makes it seem like 50 different countries. Each governor, hell.... each mayor... has their own ideas of the risks involved with COVID. It's a setup for failure, really... if we're honest. Not finger-pointing right now.... not assigning blame... just calling it like I see it. Homogeneous societies and governments seem to work a hell of a lot better in times like these, when you need uniformity and one coherent direction. Otherwise it's like one big mountain of chaos.

Given those conditions, it's very possible that you see calm and cooperation where you live..... but two counties over or two cities over it's a hell of a lot different. There's also a well-known culture in the States regarding the paranoia over someone coming to take your rights away. It's detrimental in times like these. You have some cautioning about the need for masks..... and you have others on the opposite with the "cold dead hands" attitude.

Yeah... media has its agenda. But that doesn't take away from the realities everyone sees.