Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  49
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Teofimo vs Loma: ... Who ya got?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Teofimo vs Loma: ... Who ya got?

For the first time since pre covid I'm genuinely amped for this one. Not much of an undercard but who cares . This Saturday is a loaded sports night! Feels..good.

I've gone back and forth, head vs heart so on and such. But I can't see Loma folding under the occasional jarring sharp shots. I like Teo but his waters just haven't run deep enough. Way to young and early to be reduced to looking for instant KO shots and Loma is the complete tool box. He may get buzzed early but think it goes bad for him after that as it goes late.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lopez by KO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great big dogs bollocks we finally have a fight worth staying up for. Most anticipated fight of the year bar pre lockown.

Yippeeeeee!

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

War of attrition. Loma will wear down those sharp edges and Lopez will get frustrated. Lopez will not be able to adjust in the way that Loma can and it will tire him mentally and physically. Don't be surprised if that gives Loma an opening to finish it mid to late either. It's no so much about skill beating size more flexibility and adaptability. Deep tool chest and he will throw the lot at a fella with not much more than a hammer to get the job done.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been watching video of Lopez. He has power and is a good counter puncher. Also he doesn't stand in front of the other guy. He darts in and out landing shots. this could be a really good fight. I'm picking Lopez in this fight. I know he's young but he is a skilled fighter.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can’t wait for this fight!

Shame it’s not on Sky or BT boxing.

Loma will cement his stake as P4P No.1 after this fight and let’s hope Tank steps up to the plate afterward.

It Lopez wins then the game has changed.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

anthony & luke were bigger than teo. no reason to make a big deal over teo's size
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Teofimo Lopez looking to dethrone experienced Vasiliy Lomachenko in much-anticipated Las Vegas fight

If it wasn’t for the coronavirus pandemic Saturday’s bout between Vasiliy Lomachenko and Teofimo Lopez in Las Vegas would have been one of the pay-per-view blockbuster fights of the year. It’s a dream match up with the Ukrainian, considered to be the pound-for-pound No.1, up against the Brooklyn-born young raging bull, someone who doesn’t lack confidence.

Instead, the fight is free on ESPN in the United States, and at a cost of £10 on digital platform FITE TV in the UK.

"It would probably be a big pay-per-view with 20,000 in the stands," said promoter Bob Arum, who has expressed irritation that not one major British broadcaster has opted to buy into the fight.

"But the coronavirus has upset a lot of business and people are dying. We’ve got to be thankful for what we have.”

At the MGM Grand conference centre inside Arum's boxing bubble will be just 250 people, including sponsors and specially invited first responders from Nevada. ESPN will guarantee a larger audience than the pay-per-view system.

"It could be the biggest possible audience for a boxing match that I can remember," Arum added.

Lomachenko, the Ukrainian who won two Olympic gold medals in Beijing and London, has claimed world titles in three weight divisions in just 15 fights. Lopez himself is unbeaten in 15 bouts contested as a professional, with 12 knockouts, but has not faced a fighter with the footwork, dexterity of angles and aggressive counter-punching that 'Loma' - also known as 'The Matrix' for obvious reasons - possesses.

Yet the self-belief Lopez has demonstrated so far in becoming a world champion in the 135lbs weight division means the 23-year-old, nine years younger than Lomachenko, cannot be written off.

"We think it´s a fascinating fight," Arum said. "Lomachenko is a great machine, a technical genius with the way he does distance and footwork. Yet he’s in with a guy who’s very athletic and is skilled beyond his years as far as boxing knowledge goes." Lomachenko, who holds the other three 135lb belts and the Ring Magazine title, is a 3-1 favourite and is anticipating a closely fought contest.

"I won't know how the layoff will impact me until Saturday night. I have never been out of the ring for one full year like this. I don't know how it will be," the Ukrainian said.

“I think it’s just a ring and judges and TV. That’s it. And, of course, four belts. I’m thinking only about my future fight and the fight on Saturday. That’s it. For me, I think it will be a chess match.”

Meanwhile Lopez is talking a good game and is confident he has what it takes to dethrone his opponent.

“Hard work pays off, 18 years in, and it’s just the beginning, You haven’t seen anything yet. ‘The Takeover' is not just a phrase we throw out there,” the 23-year-old said.

“This is the part where I’m leading the new generation. Winning this is a stamp and a mark to put on for the new era. Get your popcorn ready and just enjoy the show. It's 'The Takeover’.

“A true champion can adapt to everything. It goes for both of us. He fought in arenas sold out. I fought in arenas sold out. My job and my thing are having all of these belts wrapped around me.”

This will be Lomachenko's toughest fight. He will play matador to Lopez's bullish style, and we will be regally entertained. Loma can lose this fight against a naturally bigger, very aggressive fighter who gives no respite. However, Lopez will likely be hit more and even harder than he has been hit before. It’s the most anticipated fight for months and promises to live up to its five-star billing.

If pushed I’d go for Lomachenko to claim victory on points 116-112, and claim all the belts after a very tough first third of the contest.

Elsewhere, super lightweight Lewis Ritson meets former world champion Miguel Vasquez in Peterborough on Eddie Hearn's Matchroom boxing card. The fan-pleasing Newcastle fighter told The Telegraph that he aims "to make a statement" against the Mexican who has previously lost to Ritson's British rival Josh Taylor, a unified world champion, by ninth round knockout.

The vacant women's WBO middleweight world title scheduled between Hannah Rankin and Savannah Marshall on the same card was cancelled earlier this week when Marshall's trainer Peter Fury tested positive for Covid-19.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/teo...112500781.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vasyl Lomachenko explains hotel confrontation with Teofimo Lopez’s ‘drunk’ father which started rivalry two years ago

Over the past two years, Teofimo Lopez and his father have made every effort to get under the skin of Vasyl Lomachenko.

The lightweights finally meet in a world title unification fight this Saturday – a fight that has been called on by the Lopez family ever since a confrontation at the Stewart Hotel in New York two years ago.

On the weekend that Lomachenko unified his WBA and WBO titles by defeating Jose Pedraza, Lopez fought on his undercard.

The young American moved to 11-0 by beating Mason Menard, but his father took the opportunity to sow the seeds for a future clash.

“I was by the lobby just hanging out and I see Lomachenko coming through,” he told ESPN.

“I’d never introduced myself to him so I said to him, ‘Hey, how are you doing?’

“I shake his hand and he just like ignored me.

“I’m from the streets, man, and I know when somebody doesn’t like you. So I just turned around and I went back to him.

“I said, ‘Hey man, you know what? We’re gonna take over the show and then my son is coming back to break your neck.’

“That’s when everything started.

“From that point on it was war with Loma.”

Lomachenko confirmed the incident, claiming Lopez Sr was ‘drunk’ at the time.

The usually respectful Ukrainian has had to endure two years of trash talk since, and is waiting for his opportunity to silence the Lopez family on Saturday.

Loma gave his side of the story: “I was waiting by the elevator, he wasn’t sober.

“He was like, ‘My son is coming after you, he’ll blow your head off.’

“And I was like, ‘Okay, bring him over here.’

“He was walking in my direction. They [his friends] grabbed him by the arms and they apologised, saying, ‘Sorry, sorry,’ as they took him away.

“This was our first meeting. After that moment, he started to believe that they would become world champion.

“They started to promote their brand at the expense of my name by constantly mentioning me in their statements…

“I think it was very stupid, it’s not intelligent, it’s not smart.

“You are a grown man, you are a father, what are you doing?

“Of course when I’m fighting with him, I’ll remember what he did.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/7...imo-lopez-dad/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vasyl Lomachenko breaks through social distancing barrier to get in Teofimo Lopez’s face at weigh-in ahead of fight

Vasyl Lomachenko broke COVID-19 protocols so he could get a proper look into the eyes of Teofimo Lopez before their super fight on Saturday night.

After Friday’s weigh-in, the unified lightweight champion strolled through the social distancing barrier to get up close and personal with his opponent for an intense face-off.

Lopez appeared unfazed by the move and stood stoically glaring back at Lomachenko.

The fighters were eventually separated and now won’t see each other again until they share the ring.

As for the weigh-in itself, Lopez stepped onto the scales first and was as good as his word, coming in bang on the lightweight limit at 135lbs.

There had been some speculation the young American will soon move up a division, but he’s stayed put for the time being and remained professional by making weight.

Loma followed up and also weighed exactly 135lbs.

The weight cut will have been far less stressful for the three-division champion who is smaller and currently fighting above his natural weight.

Lopez and his father/trainer Teofimo Sr have both been trash talking the respectful Loma for several years and have now finally secured the fight they have been calling for.

Lomachenko has said multiple times he intends to make the 23-year-old pay for his words when they meet in the ring.

Prior to that though, they came face-to-face earlier this week at a presser.

Noticeably, every time Lopez spoke, Loma glared at him across the room and clips of this have since gone viral on social media.

The youngster largely avoided eye contact with the elder champion, prompting some observers to brand him ‘nervous’ on the big stage.

In truth, Lopez will have the opportunity to answer all these questions and silence his doubters when he steps into the ring with Lomachenko on Saturday night.

During one segment of the press conference though, they played a video of Lopez and his father’s trash talk for Loma to watch.

He responded stoically: “Saturday. Saturday, we will see.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/7...in-next-fight/

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no option in the poll for Loma by KO, just TKO.

Loma by highlight reel spectacular KO.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lopez also has one punch KO power. Should be fun.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think what I tend to forget is that Lopez had a pretty decorated amateur career. He also isn’t that young. He is 23 which isn’t that bad. It’s not like he’s 20. He just doesn’t have that many professional fights (same as Loma though).

So I am thinking that Loma will win but I believe that Lopez will definitely give him problems because of his style and power. Unfortunately for Lopez, Loma has superb skills so I think he will be able to adapt better. I’m thinking the scores will range from the 115-113 to 117-111 area with Loma getting the best of Lopez.

Basically no outcome would completely shock me other than Lopez just completely dominating Loma. I would put my money on Loma but I want Lopez to win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finally decided that Loma's experience and ring craft will see him through this.

Also got a feeling Lopez might be prone to cuts, but he's just never been caught flush or enough to do that damage yet. Loma will pick him apart and possibly open up some damaging cuts.

Most likely a UD for Loma.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does Lama have the power at lightweight to do any real damage against a big lightweight?. As I've said Lopez is a very good counter puncher with power.

Thread Information