Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Campbell V Garcia

Luke Campbell V Ryan Garcia for the interim something WBC lightweight title that was won by Loma, then made vacant because he became the franchise champion, so Haney became champ, then was champ in recess, but now is proper champ again. I'm sure I missed some steps but anyway...

Lets pretend this will happen. Who wins? Campbell a big step up for Garcia, Garcia might just be the next big thing.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Campbell V Garcia

Luke Campbell ordered to fight undefeated Ryan Garcia by WBC for ‘interim’ lightweight belt

Luke Campbell has been ordered to fight Ryan Garcia by the WBC for their ‘interim’ lightweight belt.

The 32-year-old had been due to meet Javier Fortuna in the bout, which will double as a world title final eliminator, but the Dominican boxer will face Jorge Linares in August instead.

Number three ranked challenger, Garcia, will now get the chance to fight the British boxer for the ‘interim’ belt.

Eddie Hearn confirmed the news on Twitter with the winner then mandatory to face current lightweight champion Devin Haney, who is 24-0.

Hearn tweeted: “With Fortuna pulling out of the Luke Campbell fight, we have just been notified that the WBC have ordered Campbell v Ryan Garcia. Great fight!”

It makes the situation in the WBC lightweight division all the more muddled as Vasyl Lomachenko is the current ‘franchise’ champion, Haney is the champion and then the winner of Campbell vs Garcia being ‘interim’ champion.

Campbell’s last fight came against Lomachenko in August when he lost by unanimous decision.

Garcia, 21, is currently 20-0 and tweeted about his excitement for the matchup.

He wrote: “I’m finally getting to fight a southpaw, my favourite fighters to fight! Bring it on Luke Campbell.”

Garcia has extra incentive to beat Campbell due to his longstanding rivalry with Devin Haney, with the pair facing each other six times as amateurs.

Haney told DAZN earlier this year: “That’s the fight that the fans would love to see.

”We’re both 21 years old, we’re both making crazy noise, we fought in amateurs multiple times. Everything just adds up. It makes it a huge fight.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/7...m-lightweight/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I doubt it happens, but I think Campbell might be a bit much at this point. I love these kinds of fights though. I want young fighters testing themselves.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems like a long shot but I like Campbells style and experience against Garcia. Ryan seems to have put the cart ahead of the horse demanding career high money and seeing a date or two fall out consequently. For a guy who was just talking up a well idled and smaller Mares, Garcia better tighten up if he faces Campbell.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's so perfect it obviously wont happen. A young "superstar" vs proven world-class "veteran" where both gain massively from winning. A proper hindsight fight (everyone always knew the winner was the business... or pony ).
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tried to merge this with one i did but on smartphone.
    Any Mod on a laptop merge it please.. 😎

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight and as Matchroom and Golden boy are both on DAZN shouldn't be hard to make.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bad...bc-boxing-news

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Luke Campbell V Ryan Garcia for the interim something WBC lightweight title that was won by Loma, then made vacant because he became the franchise champion, so Haney became champ, then was champ in recess, but now is proper champ again. I'm sure I missed some steps but anyway...

Lets pretend this will happen. Who wins? Campbell a big step up for Garcia, Garcia might just be the next big thing.
    Is Ryan Garcia another Milli Vanilli ? Or is he a dog ?

They say a lot about Garcia's million's of insta followers but imagine being a grown man and following Ryan Garcia on social media.

Even though Campbell is in danger of becoming the new Martin Murray (good enough to challenge but not good enough to seize a belt) if this fight happens it'll tell you all you need to know about García. Campbell is 32, so in lightweight years he's balding but make no mistake, he's coming to TAKE Garcia's thunder.

The problem is I think all these 30+ guys at lightweights will be cleaned out.

Last edited by Denilson3.0; 07-09-2020 at 06:37 AM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It sounds like negotiations are moving in the right direction. I hope money or an injury don't get in the way.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The lord (Michael Flatley) giveth, and the lord taketh away.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...-Covid-19.html

Hopefully just gets pushed back a few weeks. Linares has offered to step in so I read. I'd be happy with either. Gutter for Campbell if he misses out.

Shame.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would also be happy with Linares as a replacement, but I would rather it just get pushed back a few weeks and keep the fight intact

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like it's back on for Jan. 2nd great way to start the New Year! Be interesting to see just how high Garcia has his head in the clouds in hometown. Oscar sounds like he's looking at it as the coronation, no pressure. Campbell is in this from the opening bell and should be a very solid shoot out.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jan 2nd is the weirdest date ever for a big boxing fight in the western world. Best thing about this covind lark is the fighters/promoters aren't handcuffed by specific dates for venues or networks, great they can reschedule so quick.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information