Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Thomas Jefferson

So yeah.... I AM NOT SAYING TO change any of the textbooks (as long as they don't cover up the truth about Thomas Jefferson.) Or to exclude Thomas Jefferson from history classes for example....

....but yeah,.... TEAR DOWN THAT CUNT'S STATUE.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    You are an idiot Lyle plain and simple. You avoid the question of "when did your people become enslaved by bangladeshis or blacks or American Indians?"... you avoided that question because you know you were completely schooled by me and you then want to move the goalposts and say that Bangladeshis and American Indians had slaves. I answered you and I put you back in your dunce corner and then you shifted the goalposts. It's what you do.

your memory is short for somebody who is in their 30s. You originally asked WHO DOES THAT LEAVE OUT? so I told you that you could not be considered one because your people white people have never been enslaved by bangladeshis or American Indians or blacks for example.

finally you have shown your sophomoric qualities by resorting to name-calling so I hear have returned the favor. But once again your juvenile personality comes out with your name calling.

You too are truly a piece of shit.
    Hahaha dude at LEAST one of my ancestors came to the colonies in servitude.

The cultures you mention either had slaves prior to interaction with whites and/or still do. And you avoid that truth, why? Did Americans enslave Bangladeshis? American Indians had slaves in America as did Blacks. Your point you fat imbecile?

As for name calling, what is "Nilla" Steve?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    You are an idiot Lyle plain and simple. You avoid the question of "when did your people become enslaved by bangladeshis or blacks or American Indians?"... you avoided that question because you know you were completely schooled by me and you then want to move the goalposts and say that Bangladeshis and American Indians had slaves. I answered you and I put you back in your dunce corner and then you shifted the goalposts. It's what you do.

your memory is short for somebody who is in their 30s. You originally asked WHO DOES THAT LEAVE OUT? so I told you that you could not be considered one because your people white people have never been enslaved by bangladeshis or American Indians or blacks for example.

finally you have shown your sophomoric qualities by resorting to name-calling so I hear have returned the favor. But once again your juvenile personality comes out with your name calling.

You too are truly a piece of shit.
    Hahaha dude at LEAST one of my ancestors came to the colonies in servitude.

The cultures you mention either had slaves prior to interaction with whites and/or still do. And you avoid that truth, why? Did Americans enslave Bangladeshis? American Indians had slaves in America as did Blacks. Your point you fat imbecile?

As for name calling, what is "Nilla" Steve?
    Dude your post is full of logical fallacies.

1. I mentioned about 5 posts ago that if your ancestors were ever enslaved it was by other white people. Do you remember that?

2. when did I say that Bangladesh never had slaves of their own people for example? Or any of the other cultures I mentioned? That is deliberately changing the topic. This topic is about statues that are offensive to people IN THIS COUNTRY, WHO WERE VICTIMS OF THE PEOPLE DEPICTED IN THE STATUES. this topic is not about other countries and how they may or may not deal with statues that they are offended by. But you tried to blur the argument by shifting the goalposts.

3. Who mentioned anything about before or after their interaction with whites? Again that is a completely new idea introduced by you into this discussion which nobody brought up. again it's not about if Bangladesh or Saudi Arabia or Somalia or American Indians ever had their own slaves. if a Navajo Indian ever enslaved a Comanche Indian and the Comanche Indians want to pull down a statue of that Navajo Indian slave owner I am perfectly okay with that as well. You just make up arguments here to try to distract.

4. when did I say Americans enslaved bangladeshis? Another logical fallacy by you.
    Again to refresh your memory which is not doing very well today, you ask me a question: WHO DOES THAT LEAVE?

I said it leaves you, and you know the context of this so don't be disingenuous, IT LEAVES YOU AS AN AMERICAN WHO WOULD NOT BE OFFENDED BY ANY STATUE HERE BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE THERE ARE ANY STATUES HERE OF PEOPLE WHO ENSLAVED YOU AND YOUR PEOPLE.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I said in another thread that you would FOLD if you had to undergo the pressure that I have had to, in that thread where you said I did not have any Grace under pressure. I think it was on Let's Get It On.

The word FOLD I then used to say that you would fold so hard that you would be like a manila folder.

Go read the thread now if you don't believe me. I then abbreviated Manila to 'Nilla.

I guess you thought it was a reference to vanilla or something but it was not. It came from manila folder, because I said you would fold.

That's the truth.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It leaves you.

NAME A TIME IN HISTORY WHEN BLACKS/ARMENIANS/AMERICAN INDIANS/BANGLADESHIS ON A MASS OFFICIAL GOVERNMENTAL SCALE ENSLAVED, RAPED, BEAT, BROKE WHITES FOR 400 YEARS?
    I said you were never enslaved and your people were never enslave meaning white people, buy blacks or armenians or American Indians or bangladeshis.

that was an answer to your question about who here in the United States because that's the country we are talkin about here and not talkin about the world, you asked who here in the United States would that leave?

El Kabong Guest

1. I mentioned about 5 posts ago that if your ancestors were ever enslaved it was by other white people. Do you remember that?

2. when did I say that Bangladesh never had slaves of their own people for example? Or any of the other cultures I mentioned? That is deliberately changing the topic. This topic is about statues that are offensive to people IN THIS COUNTRY, WHO WERE VICTIMS OF THE PEOPLE DEPICTED IN THE STATUES. this topic is not about other countries and how they may or may not deal with statues that they are offended by. But you tried to blur the argument by shifting the goalposts.

3. Who mentioned anything about before or after their interaction with whites? Again that is a completely new idea introduced by you into this discussion which nobody brought up. again it's not about if Bangladesh or Saudi Arabia or Somalia or American Indians ever had their own slaves. if a Navajo Indian ever enslaved a Comanche Indian and the Comanche Indians want to pull down a statue of that Navajo Indian slave owner I am perfectly okay with that as well. You just make up arguments here to try to distract.

4. when did I say Americans enslaved bangladeshis? Another logical fallacy by you.
    Again to refresh your memory which is not doing very well today, you ask me a question: WHO DOES THAT LEAVE?

I said it leaves you, and you know the context of this so don't be disingenuous, IT LEAVES YOU AS AN AMERICAN WHO WOULD NOT BE OFFENDED BY ANY STATUE HERE BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE THERE ARE ANY STATUES HERE OF PEOPLE WHO ENSLAVED YOU AND YOUR PEOPLE.
    1. The term "white" is a relatively new concept and is a catch all for people with lighter skin color. Used to be people were referred to by their nation of origin.

2. So just a deliberate false equivalence then?

3. False eqivalence intensifies

4. Just making sure you were on about a false equivalence

I said in another thread that you would FOLD if you had to undergo the pressure that I have had to, in that thread where you said I did not have any Grace under pressure. I think it was on Let's Get It On.

The word FOLD I then used to say that you would fold so hard that you would be like a manila folder.

Go read the thread now if you don't believe me. I then abbreviated Manila to 'Nilla.

I guess you thought it was a reference to vanilla or something but it was not. It came from manila folder, because I said you would fold.

That's the truth.
    So name calling then?

For shame Steve LMAO

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. The term "white" is a relatively new concept and is a catch all for people with lighter skin color. Used to be people were referred to by their nation of origin.

2. So just a deliberate false equivalence then?

3. False eqivalence intensifies

4. Just making sure you were on about a false equivalence

That's the truth.
    So name calling then?

For shame Steve LMAO
    again for the last time because it's not really worth trying to reason with your hard head.

You asked me WHO DOES THAT LEAVE? I was talking about people IN THIS COUNTRY. Not about other countries.

So I answered your question WHO DOES THAT LEAVE? by saying that it leaves you and it leaves white people as the only people IN THIS COUNTRY who would not be offended by any statues here OF PEOPLE WHO OWNED WHITE SLAVES FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS......

... SINCE THERE ARE NO NON-WHITE PEOPLE WHO IN AMERICA OWNED WHITE SLAVES FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And wow, manila folder is such a really bad name to call somebody for crying out loud.

You literally are a folder.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So now back to the big big problem a racist Thomas Jefferson who had the nerve to write the words:

ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL

.... But who could not walk the talk.

I will push at the local level and at the state level in at the federal level with my group of political activists THE ABSOLUTE 100% REMOVAL OF EVERY THOMAS JEFFERSON STATUE IN THIS COUNTRY, AS WELL AS THE ABSOLUTE 100% REMOVAL OF ANY STATUE IN THIS COUNTRY OF ANYONE WHOSOEVER, PROMOTED OR CARRIED OUT OR FACILITATED THE ENSLAVEMENT AND THE DESTRUCTION AND THE RAPE OF OTHER HUMAN BEINGS SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the multiracial American future Jefferson will not be thought of as the Sage of Monticello. His flaws are beyond redemption. The sound you hear is the crashing of a reputation.

El Kabong Guest

So now back to the big big problem a racist Thomas Jefferson who had the nerve to write the words:

ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL

.... But who could not walk the talk.

I will push at the local level and at the state level in at the federal level with my group of political activists THE ABSOLUTE 100% REMOVAL OF EVERY THOMAS JEFFERSON STATUE IN THIS COUNTRY, AS WELL AS THE ABSOLUTE 100% REMOVAL OF ANY STATUE IN THIS COUNTRY OF ANYONE WHOSOEVER, PROMOTED OR CARRIED OUT OR FACILITATED THE ENSLAVEMENT AND THE DESTRUCTION AND THE RAPE OF OTHER HUMAN BEINGS SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN
    Good luck with that Steve your understanding of history is impressively delusional.

Tell me about trans rights in the 18th century why don't you

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

****GREAT GRANDSON OF THOMAS JEFFERSON WANTS STATUES AND MONUMENTS TAKEN DOWN********

He wrote that any molds of Jefferson, the third president of the United States, in the public square should also be removed.

“There are many statues of him that should come down. He was, after all, a participant in the institution of slavery—perhaps the most notorious one among the Founding Fathers, not least because of the jarring contrast between what he practiced and what he preached,” the veteran television host, social media influencer and author wrote.

LaNier continued that these statues were only erected to remind people of color of their “degraded” place in society below that of powerful white men. He also felt it was a form of manipulation and another hurt inflicted after slavery formally ended in 1863.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LaNier wrote in an op-ed for Newsweek that there should be no statues in honor of those who have hurt their ancestors “beyond repair” and that these public tributes honored a “slave master, a murderer, or a white supremacist.”

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

“Of course, the false idol is praised by many of their counterparts who fought for and funded the statue because they were all living that same lifestyle and attempting to reach the same ‘success’ at the expense of others,” he stated.

“For these reasons, and more, I think all the statues of people that are offensive or spiteful to a whole group of people, or statues that honor people that, by today’s standards, would be breaking the law, should be removed from public areas.”

LaNier expressed that statues in dedication to Jefferson, Robert E. Lee, and Christopher Columbus were merely “symbols of hate, racism and slavery” and to honor these individuals and others was to validate their horrific actions.

“Now, I don’t think we should erase questionable statues from the face of the earth or rewrite history. But as a tax-paying citizen, I just do not want to contribute to the upkeep of the statues or look at these oppressors when I’m going about my daily life,” he wrote.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    It was the 18th century, I'm unaware of the giant leaps of progress Africa was making, perhaps you could fill us in?
    So do you believe if Jefferson were born in 19th century or the 11th, or 12th his opinion of black people would have been different ?
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 07-09-2020 at 07:05 AM.

Thread Information